Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2005, 22:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Versa @ 3.55 Lacs

Just saw this in mid-day ..the versa for 3.55 lacs. the 5 door version with no ac ...........

the versa never moved out of the showrroms for MUL for various reasons. but i think at this price its definitely VFM .....

what do u fellas think?
Old 9th March 2005, 22:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

LoL....first it was with only AC and now they removed it too.. Wonder wat will they remove if it still doesnt sell. Seats??
Old 9th March 2005, 23:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

it would certainly sell if it was priced between 2.0-2.5 lakhs...theres a huge taxi market potential. omni would have to be phased out though.

Drifter
Old 9th March 2005, 23:28   #4
BHPian

That is precisely what I was thinking. My neighbour has one and their joint family goes for an outing every weekend.
The loaded 8 seater with AC / PW / PS sells for 4.3 lacs. That is not too bad either even for the taxi wallahs.
I think it is the ideal car for large families and small budgets.
It does look boxy and not very good but believe me it can be really done up well.
I had seen one yellow cosmetically modified versa with alloys decals and all that stuff and it was really looking neat. I don't think the owner must have spent much.
Old 9th March 2005, 23:50   #5
BHPian

i think the versa is a great family car.

the twin acs, power steering and the space inside - not to mention that superb esteem engine.

too bad it didn't sell - even though both the bachhans advocated it solidly. maybe a bit to boxy lookling eh?

when i drove it, i though the body rolled a little too much at every twist and turn...maybe definitely not for performance and saftey - great for city driving with the whole family - wot say u!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks