Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 12:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Verdict: Palio is declared Flop on this forum! Good going!
You still seem to be unconvinced about something that is a fact known to everyone around (not just this forum). I hope you are not implying that there is a tbhp conspiracy working against Fiat.

I am not sure why someone who bought a car knowing fully well that it is not a sales-chart scorcher would bother about it being a flop or hit. You did not buy it because it was selling well. You bought it for some other attributes that it had. So how does it matter if it is a flop or not ?

While the Baleno did sell some decent numbers during the last few years of its life here, it cannot be called a success sales-wise. I knew it when I bought it. So it does not bother me because I bought it for some other plus-es it had, not for sales figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels
The failure is more because of the company rather than the product.
Spot on. The product was good but the management was not upto it to make it a success.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Spot on. The product was good but the management was not upto it to make it a success.
It was good rather. You need a better product than Palio to lift Fiat out of the slump. Hope they have it and will do it later this year onwards.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th August 2008 at 12:35. Reason: fixed quote
Old 8th August 2008, 12:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post

Its time for this thread to be closed before it becomes a war field for the FIAT and Anti FIAT ppl.
Nothing new. Most F-word based thread "usually" lead to where this thread has reached .

I own a Palio 1.6 S10 and am happy with the car and I have no love or hate relationship with FIAT. I like good VFM performance cars and a used 1.6 is one of them. In fact, the aspect of 'low demand' for Pailo was good for me as a used 1.6 is available for almost to nothing. Believe me, if FIAT/Palio had HUGE demand, the used 1.6 would have seen astronomical resale prices -- similar (not same) to OHC Vtec.

Is/Was Palio a success? I don't care... maybe it is/was maybe it isn't.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th August 2008 at 12:30.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

I believe all of us agree that even though Palio is a good product the Sales numbers aren't encouraging due to various factors that were discussed in this thread & hence Fiat has priced it low which should help them boost sales.

Since all the conditions have been discussed & the original poster has got his answer its right time to close the thread.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks