Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 15:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW Studio Premiers in New Delhi

BMW India offers a pioneering brand experience for exclusive BMW customers

New Delhi -BMW Indiatoday announced the opening of the BMW Studio in New Delhi. Designed as a unique multi-dimensional space, the BMW Studio will offer an overall, all-round experience of the BMW

Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Peter Kronschnabl, President BMW India said, “The BMW Studio is conceptualised to offer an experience that fully meets our customers’ requirements and make best use of the brand’s strength. We are confident that the BMW Studio will provide an exclusive BMW experience coupled with excellent service and the perfect ambience. The BMW Studio has evolved from fresh thinking that will align our thoughts and actions to the evolving aspirations of our customers.”

BMW Studio will facilitate a unique encounter between BMW and BMW Customers. The BMW Studio will further reinforce the emotional connect that BMW enthusiasts share with BMW

The 1600 sq feet BMW Studio, located in the heart of New Delhi at Janpath, can accommodate 25-30 guests, and will be open from Monday-Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The studio will have one car displayed inside and one test car standing outside.The BMW Studio will be managed by a BMW Studio Manager who will be supported by well trained staff from the hospitality industry.

The BMW Studio will also showcase a wide range of BMW lifestyle products. The products extend from classic BMW lifestyle products such as BMW shirts and jackets, sports products in golfing, kids’ mobility equipment, car miniatures, Original Accessories, Baggage and luggage.

Since experiencing the World of BMW with all one’s senses is particularly important, the BMW Studio offers culinary enjoyment and entertainment of the highest standards for customers or participants of an event. The exclusive partner for culinary excellence is Olive’s Kitchen from Delhi.

The BMW Studio offers a novel value enhancement by housing a full-fledged Business Centre, which is available for exclusive use by BMW owners.

The studio will be WiFi enabled. BMW owners can pre-book the BMW Studio for business or personal meetings and events. A library of BMW Books, BMW Music and BMW Films will also enhance the brand appeal of the BMW Studio.

The BMW Studio offers customers and enthusiasts a unique opportunity to ex­perience the BMW brand and the company from virtually every perspective

BMW India Private Limited
Headquartered in Gurgaon (National Capital Region) BMW India is a 100% subsidiary of the BMW Group. The initial investment in India is 1.1 billion Indian Rupees.

The wide range of BMW in India include the establishment of a production plant in Chennai (Tamil Nadu) and development of a dealer organisation across all metropolitan centres of the country.

In medium term, BMW India will employ around 200 people; up to 600 additional jobs will be created in the dealer and service network.

On 29 March 2007, BMW India officially opened its production plant in Chennai. The BMW Plant Chennai produces the BMW 3 Series and BMW 5 Series Sedans in petrol and diesel variants and has a capacity to produce 3000 units per year on a single shift basis.

Presently, 12 dealers represent BMW in the Indian market; Bird Automotive (Gurgaon, NCR), Deutschen Motoren (New Delhi); Navnit Motors (Mumbai), Infinity Cars (South Mumbai); Krishna Automobiles (Chandigarh); Navnit Motors (Bangalore), Delta Motors (Hyderabad), Kun Exclusive (Chennai), Bavaria Motors (Pune), OSL Prestige (Kolkata), Parsoli Motors (Ahmedabad) and Koyenco Prestige (Kochi) . Owing to an exuberant growth potential, BMW is hopeful of multiplying its annual sales volume and has already chalked out an extensive dealer strategy to support its plans. Phase I of the Dealer network expansion plan includes 12 dealers covering all metropolitan centres of the country by the end of 2008.

BMW dealerships will display the BMW 3 Series (325i, 320i and 320d, 320d Highline) and BMW 5 Series (525i, 530i, 520d, 530d and 530d Highline) that are produced at the BMW Plant Chennai. BMW dealerships will also display the BMW 6 Series (650i Coupé and 650i Convertible), BMW 7 Series (740Li, 750Li, 760Li and 730Ld), BMW X3 (X3 2.5 si) and the BMW X5 (X5 3.0d and X5 4.8i) which are available in the country as CBU’s (completely built-up units). The New BMW M3 Coupé, BMW M5 Sedan, BMW M6 Coupé, BMW M6 Convertible, BMW 7 Series Individual and BMW 6 Series Individual can be ordered at BMW India dealerships

BMW India has partnered with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for offering motor insurance and with ICICI Bank to offer customised financial solutions and ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services Limited for leasing services for its customers. These products and services are offered through the BMW Financial Services.

BMW India has also established an International Purchasing Office (IPO) at its Headquarters in Gurgaon. The IPO will focus on the development of exports from India to the BMW Group International Production Network and there work towards increasing the sourcing share from India over the next years. The activities include the identification and assessment of potential suppliers taking into account BMW’s requirements for quality, technology and logistics. The IPO will explore procurement of production material (components) as well as IT and Engineering Services.

Source: BMW India Press & Corporate Affairs.

Last edited by hanmust : 7th August 2008 at 16:01.
Old 7th August 2008, 18:01   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

so the bmw studio is essentially a glorified dealership showroom with more amenities ?

I hope by this they get some after market BMW tuning products such as Alpina and Hartge accessories like they do at bmw dealerships worldwide.

Looking forward to seeing this in Mumbai too.
Old 7th August 2008, 18:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Will create a heck of an impression on potential customers; BMW is really going all out with its branding exercises. Good stuff. Maybe the Delhi BHPians can visit the studio and post some pictures?
Old 7th August 2008, 18:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm...let me see if I can manage a visit this weekend! Sounds really interesting & free food is always welcome!
Old 7th August 2008, 19:34   #5
BANNED

Let's hope to see good pictures from our fellow BHPians who can visit the place

Most Viewed