Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 02:13   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
here is civic 2009 in dubai honda showroom. i was not able to post them in my earlier reply as the photos were big in size, so i had posted the different photos of modified civics.

so gentlemen he is the civic 2009.cheers:
you can buy that thing for 9 laks there ????? here i am about to pay 15 laks for the same freaking thing. i hate india it sucks
Old 24th October 2008, 02:15   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i hate india it sucks
Helloooo. Perhaps you would like to rephrase that statement please.
Old 24th October 2008, 02:40   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you can buy that thing for 9 laks there ????? here i am about to pay 15 laks for the same freaking thing. i hate india it sucks
Why don't you shift to a country you like then?
Old 24th October 2008, 04:26   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry - The Civic you get is about 12L here - So relax and enjoy your car!
Old 24th October 2008, 07:40   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Don't worry - The Civic you get is about 12L here - So relax and enjoy your car!

nahh , for 12 lac , you get the super boring and dead E version in delhi ,
1.8V goes for 13.1L and 14L for m/t and a/t respectively.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:09   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Why don't you shift to a country you like then?
i cant shift, too family here and they wont shift. are there is no civic auto for 12 laks, and i aint definately driving a manual here..... if auto straight to 15 laks. stupid taxes.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:21   #97
BHPian

Quote:
i cant shift, too family here and they wont shift. are there is no civic auto for 12 laks, and i aint definately driving a manual here..... if auto straight to 15 laks. stupid taxes.
Before the admins mod you [and me, for this nationalistic outburst] out of existence, let me humbly point it out to you that, good sir, cars cost the same in a lot of countries as in India. Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, Japan and a lot of other countries pay almost the same price, currency fluctuations apart.

They cost a whole lot more in Singapore - thanks to the taxes.

You won't like Dubai - unless you want to live, sleep and are willing to have your basic instincts being taken care of in the car itself. Dubai - the whole of middle east - has a very inhospitable climate. That's for starters. And with all the second class citizen thing, I bet your snobby self won't like it a bit.

Same goes for US. The economy is down here. Cars cost less, but the home mortgage - and everything else is pretty damn steep - when compared to India.

My american friends envy my Indian lifestyle. I can afford a chauffeur for less than what these dudes pay in parking fines.

And I don't pay much for parking when in India. This could be about $5-$10 per for every downtown visit. Oh, and all those crazy distances. You won't like America much, trust me.

Now coming back to your random cursing of your - and our - motherland. The humble almighty India. Don't curse India bro. Don't do that. This is the country you were born in - right ? Would you curse your mother or - if you have one - your father just because he has gotten old and can't care for you right. And that the next door neighbour has a better one ?

Shmuck.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Whats new in this Civic? Are people really getting such excited over the new shape tail lights that they agree to call it new/updated Civic..

@jesel: Its really sad to read your comments..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 24th October 2008 at 13:05.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:16   #99
BHPian

lol!! guys relax. i dont think you get what jesal means, im assuming he hates the guys who make these dumb laws, i hate them too, no fun payin 14-15l for a car worth 9l .. or less? the sad part is people spend a small fortune to buy a civic to discover that its not exactly a 'luxury' car abroad but a run of the mill economy motor The law's outdated , it was meant to protect the fledgling auto industry decades ago, times have changed , so should the law. the civic is a decent motor but i will not put down 15l (not that i have that kind of money) of my hard earned money on it especially after i realise its available for half the price outside.

sorry mods if this is way off topic.

cheers
Old 24th October 2008, 13:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Err, that's the E version in the pic. No climate control (normal AC), no fog lamps, no CD changer (single CD), but with an auto tranny. You are not getting the V for 9L in Dubai. Not even close.

@ jesal : All you need is the money right? Why worry about family? Just shift somewhere where the ambient temperature is 44C and the people treat you like a slave. I mean, the hawt cars surely makes up for all of that right?

Don't go ballistic. For every disadvantage we have living in this country, we enjoy advantages not available anywhere else.

@howler : All those taxes create the cheap living environment in this country. Confusing I know, but once you go cut-throat capitalistic like the US, you'll start understanding the problems. For one example, watch Michael Moore's Sicko.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:43   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
lol!! guys relax. i dont think you get what jesal means, im assuming he hates the guys who make these dumb laws, i hate them too, no fun payin 14-15l for a car worth 9l .. or less? the sad part is people spend a small fortune to buy a civic to discover that its not exactly a 'luxury' car abroad but a run of the mill economy motor The law's outdated , it was meant to protect the fledgling auto industry decades ago, times have changed , so should the law. the civic is a decent motor but i will not put down 15l (not that i have that kind of money) of my hard earned money on it especially after i realise its available for half the price outside.

cheers
ahhh thanks you, one person at my level. whats so good about 125% import duty tax. whats so cool about paying octroi. you lot are comparing the world when india has stupid taxes for nothing at all. things here are not cheap either. what does it take to be a politician here, an freaking indian passport thats it eh. who cares how they run the country. its not really that easy living here, the law here sucks, until you are not harressed by them, one will never know, ive been stuck so many times its not funny for stuff i am not even connected with. my opinion stays the way i feel, this is the problem here indians cannot handle criticism at all. one olympics were there, the boards all over bombay said "india will get all gold medals china will get nothing" what the hell for be sporty why make fun of other countries just for kicks. when a cricket world cup comes every 4 years india does so many nataks like big boards this year india will get the world come and kick *** this and that. in the end they do nothing come back without trophy and are dancing on stage with actors in ek hasina and ek khiladi whatever that crap is. and this is way out of topic lol my bad... im not posting here again. if i dont like something respect it.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:45   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Err, that's the E version in the pic. No climate control (normal AC), no fog lamps, no CD changer (single CD), but with an auto tranny. You are not getting the V for 9L in Dubai. Not even close.

@ jesal : All you need is the money right? Why worry about family? Just shift somewhere where the ambient temperature is 44C and the people treat you like a slave. I mean, the hawt cars surely makes up for all of that right?

Don't go ballistic. For every disadvantage we have living in this country, we enjoy advantages not available anywhere else.

@howler : All those taxes create the cheap living environment in this country. Confusing I know, but once you go cut-throat capitalistic like the US, you'll start understanding the problems. For one example, watch Michael Moore's Sicko.

i have money here, i need a REAL democratic country.
Old 24th October 2008, 15:35   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post

cheers
I second that too! I guess as a car nut Jesal (and I am sure many others) is justified in saying that the Car Taxation does suck in India. Not for a moment would I think/say that My India sucks..but guys cmon the car taxation does.

Fair enough it was made to protect our industry, but we should surely relax it now. Now how in the world can you justify Skoda/Hyundai/Honda as being luxury brands?

These brands are regarded as cars for the "not image conscious" people abroad (except the Civic Type R). While it sucks that in India we regard these as one of those "sahi gaadi hai yaar". When Skoda came to India, my Dad almost fell to the floor when I told him that it is a luxury car!

Just my opinion and not intended to cause offence to anyone who owns a Honda/Hyundai/Skoda.
Old 24th October 2008, 17:09   #104
BHPian

This is a forum for car lovers, folks here at least have that in common, no need to get into other stuff. Patriotism is a personal feeling, if you feel it you act on it, if you don't, you don't, but it's not a feeling that lends itself to shout or lecture others about. That never feels real.

From our country's current condition its obvious a lot of folks may talk a lot about it but certainly don't feel it or act on it. We are living our lives, not sacrificing them at the border or in rural areas helping the over 70% of Indian's struggling with less than Rs 20 a day, the latest human development indices for India at UNDP are revealing, and it's worth it to peruse those to understand why overt patriotism or pride may be misplaced.

Just saying you are patriotic or condemning someone for 'not being patriotic' is not patriotism, that posturing. Patriotism is not about land, motherland, its about people and a building a just, equitable and fair society, and sacrificing if necessary for that cause, and let's not be naive here, we all live in the same country destroyed by unfettered greed, corruption and indifference to other people and we are all complicit in this, and know no one here cares for anyone else so let's leave empty words out of this.

Affording a driver or maid for less is nothing to boast about and explains why this is an underdeveloped country, with profits being monopolised and not shared more equitably which would lead to more equitable consumption, demand in the economy and balanced development, take the real estate industry - look at the poor worker conditions, negligible pay, and the contrasting cost of apartments, look at the folks who build our infrastructure and roads, look at the lower standards in nearly everything we accept or ourselves, the wide disparities, the profiteering, the exploitation of labour in our society.

There is no point being blindly patriotic, everything needs to be questioned and discussed, there are things India has managed well and others it has not. So its half-half, ultimately its not India but the people, and getting those folks up to a decent life, or even the hope of a decent life is a huge challenge and patting ourseves on the back for the 7-10 percent - and even this figure is being aided by the IT/BPO revolution which provided more just wages for Indian workers compared to the 80s - who are doing well is not the way to accomplish anything.

Last edited by raul : 24th October 2008 at 17:25.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2008, 17:55   #105
BHPian

Beautifully written Raul. Couldn't have agreed more with you. As you have rightly pointed out, lets keep this to cars only and not deviate to other stuff.

Now here's the Honda Civic Sports we want for 15 Lakhs!
Attached Thumbnails
Civic Sports launched-hondacivicmugenrr001.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks