Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 12:17   #16
BHPian

Civic 1.8 Sport vs 1.8E vs 1.8V

Honda Civic
Old 11th August 2008, 12:18   #17
BHPian

What is so "sport-y" in the sport model I wonder, making a fool of themselves (or us ?).
Old 11th August 2008, 12:33   #18
BHPian

Yes I talked to a salesman from a honda dealership and I realized pretty quick its all pretty much hogwash!
sad, they launch a hybrid for >20L on road( I know they are committed to the environment, and its a great idea to have an environment friendly car in their slew of models) and all they do in the name of Sports is cosmetic changes.
yuck!!!!

off topic - anyone has an idea how many hybrids have sold?
Old 11th August 2008, 12:41   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Has Honda missed an opportunity? You bet! Civic sales are sliding big time and are in dire need of a boost. A truly sporty Civic, with a bump in horses and a performance suspension setup, could have become an enthusiasts favorite. That, and the image benefits, could have helped. I am extremely surprised at Honda overlooking this opportunity, especially since the OHC Vtec variant (though overpriced) did meet with relative success.
Old 11th August 2008, 13:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Has Honda missed an opportunity? You bet! Civic sales are sliding big time and are in dire need of a boost. A truly sporty Civic, with a bump in horses and a performance suspension setup, could have become an enthusiasts favorite. That, and the image benefits, could have helped. I am extremely surprised at Honda overlooking this opportunity, especially since the OHC Vtec variant (though overpriced) did meet with relative success.
+1 from my side!

With the RS out of production (supposedly!)/or atleast outdated, the Civic Sport with a bump in horses and sporty suspension could very well have become the next performance car! What is Honda smoking these days?
Old 11th August 2008, 13:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
+1 from my side!

With the RS out of production (supposedly!)/or atleast outdated, the Civic Sport with a bump in horses and sporty suspension could very well have become the next performance car! What is Honda smoking these days?

Make that +2!

It is definately unexpected of Honda! Like i said 'Very Shoddy'

Elito
Old 11th August 2008, 13:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Even worse.. Dealer is saying that it will only be available in white color. At least they sould have added few sporty colors to the package, with body colored alloys.
Old 11th August 2008, 13:49   #23
BHPian

Anyone notice that the first newspaper ads for the new Corolla 'Altis' and the Civic sport came on the same day. A bit too coincidental i say..

If Civic Sport is aimed at hurting 'Altis' prebookings its one hell of a strategic coup!

Apart from that it really is bad work by Honda

Elito
Old 11th August 2008, 14:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
off topic - anyone has an idea how many hybrids have sold?
No data on this as yet. But when launched, Honda had claimed that they had 100 enquiries on hand and expected to sell about 1000 units this year.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
No data on this as yet. But when launched, Honda had claimed that they had 100 enquiries on hand and expected to sell about 1000 units this year.
The hybrid has done better than expected at least in the first month. Their annual target is 300 units, but they have sold 52 units in July 2008.

Sport might do OK, since it is priced somewhat below the fully loaded "v".

Last edited by dinu2506 : 11th August 2008 at 14:17.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:20   #26
BHPian

Yes , another eye wash from Honda.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

This "limited edition" Civic is in the same lines as Bimal Edition maruti's on the road in Bangalore Sad the way these companies try to rip customers in the name of sports editions.
Old 11th August 2008, 23:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
+1 from my side!

It is completely out of production. Navpreet from Tbhp even requested skoda to make 1 for him, but they refused

I would have liked the 2.0Engine in it. Sad marketing on Honda's part

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
The hybrid has done better than expected at least in the first month. Their annual target is 300 units, but they have sold 52 units in July 2008.

Sport might do OK, since it is priced somewhat below the fully loaded "v".
It looks like an S variant with a few sporty looks ( white alloys a big no no for me , and especially if the car is already white)

52 units in July 2008 is shocking. Seems like Indian's are truely understanding of the environmental crisis.

I am trying to get a TD for the Hybrid though soon!
Old 11th August 2008, 23:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

When i saw the add for the first time i was like ****!!! I just bought one and i am screwed. Read it further and the smile was back!!! I think my civic looks better than the sports variant!!!

And rightly said ricky_63. Arush will be doing it soon on my car!!! If its about cosmetically getting a civic sport then i have one already!!!!

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 11th August 2008 at 23:52.
Old 12th August 2008, 00:15   #30
BHPian

atleast 16 inch alloys

They should atleast have offerred 205-55-16 tyres with alloys to call it 'Sport'

Most Viewed