Team-BHP - Civic Sports launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Civic Sports launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/43861-civic-sports-launched.html)

Guys , Honda has launched honda civic sports @ Rs 12,42,000/- The new civic has white alloys and fabric seats having a sports kit.

First reaction when i saw the ad - wow!
After scanning the entire ad - yuckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

The changes are cosmetic and miniscule! forget the engine upgrade!

- Spoiler

- Skirting

- Sticker/badge

- White Alloys

- Blue ambient lighting

That is it!! Atleast a sports suspension package / sporty trim/ pedals/ colours could have been offered! Very very shoddy Honda!!

Elito

Another super duper eye wash example.

Yes, a sports suspension would have been welcome, maybe a adjustable coilover. I don't think the Sports badge does justice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 934935)
Another super duper eye wash example.

Yes. I have seen a few pics on some websites. The car doesn't look that impressive from the outside nor do the so called new features, to justify the limited edition tag :deadhorse I have seem a few Civics in Bangalore which have been modified and which look better than this limited edition Civic.

Can someone please post fresh pics!!

Guys nobody does sports spec coilovers here in India as far as company upgrades are concerned which is sad, but atleast tweaks in the suspension should have been done by Honda like stiffened suspensions/springs.
Plus the lip and skirting kit was not that impresive on a pic that i saw on a different thread.

Will there be a 9th Generation Civic soon? In the past they have coe up with every 3-5 years, and the present one is almost 3 years old. I hope it should be under R&D or under design/testing.

>> Can someone please post fresh pics!!
Honda India updated their site with the Civic Sport Honda Civic

The only true sporty car launched has been the SKODA vRS. The Japs could learn a thing or two from them !!!

If skirting, lip & spoiler is all the SPORT is about, I am sure any one could go to Arush & have the same fabricated at a much lower price (my assumption)

Even the Cedia Sports was only cosmetic but it looked worth it at least visually.

Honda wake up !

Cheers

Giving the old wine in a new bottle has become the order of the day I suppose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshooli (Post 934954)
Yes. I have seen a few pics on some websites. The car doesn't look that impressive from the outside nor do the so called new features, to justify the limited edition tag :deadhorse I have seem a few Civics in Bangalore which have been modified and which look better than this limited edition Civic.

Completely agree with you bro, there are Civics out there which look much better with after market bodykits. Honda should have taken a little inspiration from them.

This has become a way in India. First Ford Fiesta S and now Civic. No new engine to justify the Sport Tag, just spoilers. Mann!

crap! saw the ad today morning. Can get much better kits outside. yeah then the limited number plate. what is it for??

Pics and actual spec would help in concluding about it, lets wait and watch. What about the suspension? is it the same?

I believe investing in Civic V is better than Civic S. But might be good for folks who are looking for intermediate variant between E and V.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kutlee (Post 935189)
crap! saw the ad today morning. Can get much better kits outside. yeah then the limited number plate. what is it for??

theyre only making 1000 of them. probably with the left over stock of the civic s.