Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 16:10   #1
BHPian

10k Exchange Bonus for Hyundai Santro (July 2007) Not Received Till Date

Hi everyone,

It's been a very long time since I posted anything. Actually I've not posted anything after I got my Bajaj Avenger 200 in March 2008.

Well this is an issue that's now a full one year old and I thought I should share it with all of you.

We traded in our 1993 Maruti 800 (A/C) for a brand new Hyundai Santro XO Limited Edition in July 2007 at DSC Hyundai, Nandanam, Chennai. At that time, we got a very good cash discount of 25k, accessories for the car like floor mats, perfume, under body anti rust coating, teflon coating, remote locking with alarm, reverse horn, black semi leather seat covers and so on. Our Maruti 800 was valued at 40k and there was a further 10k promised as an Exchange Bonus.

The problem is, the exchange bonus was nowhere mentioned on paper as far as we know and we are yet to receive this amount till date. Upon calling up Mr. Yogesh (MD at DSC Hyundai, Nandanam, Chennai), he tells us that Hyundai itself is delaying it and there was nothing much they could do about it. This seemed like shrugging off responsibility. My dad has been pretty upset with all of this and it just struck me that I could share this issue with you all to see how to resolve the same.

Any of you who has experienced this issue ? Please do help me out regarding the officials to contact at Hyundai (maybe the head office) to get this issue sorted out.

Look forward to hearing from you all on this soon.

Thanks and warm regards,
Venkat
Old 13th August 2008, 17:59   #2
BHPian

When I got my 10k exchange bonus promise from my dealer(HMP). I took it in writing. Also, I made sure that when I made the final payment, I gave 10k less. But what the salesman in HMP told is that only HMP is authorised to deduct this exchange bonus in the invoice itself. The other dealers are not authorised to do so, is what he told me.

Also, if I am not wrong, the exchange bonus has to be encashed by one month of selling the old car or it will lapse, you have to submit the RC change to the dealer who will submit it to Hyundai. So you may have lost that 10k, but I am not sure about this, I heard this from somewhere, not sure where.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 13th August 2008 at 18:00.
Old 13th August 2008, 19:22   #3
BHPian

would suggest you to approach the consumer forum if things dont go the way we want. OR just tell the dealer that you are to approach the consumer forum. may be they hush up your bonus to avoid from any legal proceedings.
Old 13th August 2008, 19:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if he can approoach the consumer forum. Because, as he said, he has no written proof showing they will be providing the exchange bonus. Probably they can did the newspapers and other stuff of advt. and check across the booking and delivery of the car.
Little difficult to move forward in my opinion. Anyway, try writing directly to Hyundai quoting the whole incident from your exchange to purchase.
Good luck.
Old 9th September 2008, 23:52   #5

I am facing the same issue with Hyundai so I am bumping this thread rather than creating a new thread.

I purchased a Hyundai Santro about a year back in Sep 2007 from Trident, Sankey Road in Bangalore. I traded in my Maruti 800 with Trident Hyundai used car division. Given that the used car division is also owned by Trident Hyundai, I would not have expected any issue.

For the past year Trident has given me the run around. The file is misplaced, The head office in chennai is yet to process it etc.

I had sent a registered letter (acknowledgement due) in May 2008 with the following complaint to Trident:
Quote:
You had issued a credit note in the amount of Rs 10000.00 and promised to make the payment when you sold my used car. You have already given possession of my car to a third party but have not paid the amount due to me in spite of repeated follow ups.
I had asked for the following resolution:
Quote:
You must disclose the date when possession of the car was given to a third party and disclose the date when the ownership was transferred and recorded on the RC book. You must pay the amount of Rs 10000.00 with interest. The interest will be calculated from the day you provided possession of the car to a third party. You had promised not to provide possession of the car to a third party without first transferring the ownership so any delay in transfer of the ownership is your responsibility
To date there has been no response from Trident.

I am now planning to take legal action. I now see that they have given me a credit note (image attached). I do not have anything in writing stating that they will pay out the exchange bonus. Does anyone know if they are legally obliged to pay this out? Or is this something they can duck? Is my case stronger due to the fact that the used car was given to Trident used car division. Is the delay their responsibility?
Old 10th September 2008, 08:56   #6
BHPian

Feb/March 08 :

I was talking to the hyundai showrooms in hyderabad about buying a Getz CRDi. There are 3 showrooms in hyderabad and all of them blatantly asked me for a 25K premium for the car. I asked them the reason and they said that there is huge demand and the company itself is asking gor it.

I found a phone number ( it was a gurgaon number IIRC). Called up the customer care and told them abt this. The lady said that Hyundai would take action and that no dealer can ask for a premium for any of the hyundai cars.

Within 15 minutes, I got a call from the manager of a showroom and he said that I was mis-lead regarding the premium and that I can get a car in a week's time. The colour I wanted indeed arrived at the showroom in 3 days.

The guy also told me that HMIL is going to take action against them and blacklist them if I dont take back my complaint.

I was mighty impressed with the response I recd. from Hyundai.

I suggest you guys try the same and I am positive you would the money you deserve soon.

All the best.
Old 10th September 2008, 13:57   #7

@kcstheg - Thanks for the tip. I called up the number, gave all the details. They confirmed that there was no record of any exchange bonus in their system against my car. However they said that someone will get back to me within 2 days. Lets see if they can rectify this.

I have not recieved a straightforward status from Trident. They seem to be hoping that I will just give up and go away. Its not really about the small 10K amount for me but this has really soured my new car experience. I hope Hyundai can correct this even at this stage and I will not have to go to court against Trident.
Old 11th September 2008, 00:23   #8
BHPian

@fifthgear,

All the best buddy.

Do keep us posted with any updates you may have. It would help other people who are in similar situations.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I made sure that when I made the final payment, I gave 10k less. But what the salesman in HMP told is that only HMP is authorised to deduct this exchange bonus in the invoice itself. The other dealers are not authorised to do so, is what he told me.

Also, if I am not wrong, the exchange bonus has to be encashed by one month of selling the old car or it will lapse, you have to submit the RC change to the dealer who will submit it to Hyundai. So you may have lost that 10k.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-hyundai.html

I guess Anand's view is closer to the truth. I got my 2003 Santro Xing exchanged for an i10 Kappa at HMP Chennai (the Santro too was purchased there). The exchange was thru FirstSource, which is an HMP inhouse used car agent. The sales girl who took care of all this told me that the exchange bonus is deducted upfront (from the purchase price of the i10) b'cos everything is being done thru them. If any one of the above transactions weren't done thru them, then I would have had to wait until the RC transfer copy is submitted, albeit within a deadline of two months.

naveen
Old 11th September 2008, 17:11   #10
BHPian

hi venkat! you are not alone on this issue.
I have been facing the same problem. If you see advertisements coming in newspapers regarding discounts and exchange bonuses from hyundai you can see a small undertaking below the the ads. in which hyundai says " All offers and discounts from dealers only."
This makes me suspicious that dealer is delibrately delaying in releasing exchange bonus. when i enquired about the same at dealership they said they can release money only once hyundai clears the name after checking the documents. you can go through the following link regarding my story.Good Luck.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-hyundai.html

@kcstheg - kindly forward me the no. where i can confirm the status .
regards,
salvation

Most Viewed