Team-BHP - Land Rover In India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Land Rover In India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/44084-land-rover-india.html)

Hey Guys,
Land Rover is about to officially launch the Land Rover Freelander 2 in India very very soon.
Most imp part: The cost is expected to be Rs 35L!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Land Rover in Rs 35L cheers: What a kill.
Am sure the Pajeros and Land Cruisers must be already having Nightmares!!!
Will let you know the official date soon.

As much a LR fan, i cannot account for this one. AFAIK this is a disastorous vehicle with lot of problems, one of many reasons for ford's misfortune, to sell one of most legendary 4x4 marque.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 939768)
Hey Guys,
Land Rover is about to officially launch the Land Rover Freelander 2 in India very very soon.

freelander 2 at 35L? I don't know.

Where did you get this info from?

wow that is indeed a great news. Is it going to be sold under Tata dealership network or the Landrover brand itself is going to come?

Just hope not under the tata dealership. They are no good.
Whats your source by the way?

Ha!! I too personally feel they should in as a brand

Would be great if LR comes in with dedicated showrooms, but the fun begins when RR and RR Discovery come in... hopefully not at CBU prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipunkul (Post 940296)
Would be great if LR comes in with dedicated showrooms, but the fun begins when RR and RR Discovery come in... hopefully not at CBU prices.

RR is already available as CBU.Whats this RR Discovery,Are you talking about LR discovery ?

Quote:

Land Rover in Rs 35L What a kill. Am sure the Pajeros and Land Cruisers must be already having Nightmares!!!

Pajero is a lot better vehicle than a LR2 and Landcruiser is on a different league altogether. Rs 35 lakhs is not worth on a LR2. Land Rovers were legendary vehicles..hmm..some decades ago; and they are at the Nadir right now.

In my honest opinion, the Suzuki Grand Vitara is a more reliable and more durable vehicle than a LR2. Don't mistake me - LR2 can outperform GV on a given day and on a given off-road terrain; but its reliability is questionable.

They should launch the RR and RR sport as a CKD unit, they will do very well, there is obviously a huge market for those SUV's in India and at CKD prices they will sell very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnofsatan (Post 940307)
They should launch the RR and RR sport as a CKD unit, they will do very well, there is obviously a huge market for those SUV's in India and at CKD prices they will sell very well.

LR Sport I presume. And that at 35L??? a V6/V8?

Its competition: Montero.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 940368)

its not the LR Sport but RR Sport do not expect that for 35 lacs, it is for 85lacs plus range. this is the LR Freelander we are talking about. it is the smallest of the range and you could say the size of the nissan X Trail.

this is just speculation made in autoindia and the news is not confirmed by TATA. the freelander would not stand to gain too much with the price even if they do come in at 35 lacs. people would prefer putting in a bit more and getting a proper SUV. Prado and Touareg are in the under 50 lacs bracket.

this is the LR Freelander.

See what topgear has to say about freelander, though jeremy always talks rubbish about non english cars.

YouTube - Fifth Gear-Land Rover Freelander 2 Vs. Nissan X-trail

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 940368)

Its competition: Montero.

No i meant the range rover sport, here is a link to a pic of what i meant.

http://www.range-rover-atlanta.com/2...t_image004.jpg

Quote:

Hey Guys,

Pajero's and Land Cruisers have never had to fear a Ford Escape. The Freelander is a Ford product based on the Ford Escape. In the west it is sold in the same range is the CRV, RAV4 etc. It's much smaller than the Land Cruiser and Pajero. For 35 Lakhs ford is taking you for the ride of your life. Enjoy it.