Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:47   #166
Senior - BHPian

I thought the Innova was ugly, man but this one, if the Ingenio is even close to looking like that, Mahindra have overtaken Toyota in the ugly stakes.

But fingers crossed its just a artists impression gone really wrong. That said it is an MPV, so there is not much that Mahindra can do to make the side and rear profiles attractive other than proportion it well, so the opinion on looks would mainly depend on what the front looks like. Hoping Mahindra's got that right.

I think M&M should move away from the present trademark grill design, it does make it look butch at times but otherwise its plain ugly. Maybe the hue and cry made by Chrysler wouldnt be a bad thing after all!!!
Old 22nd August 2008, 20:12   #167
Senior - BHPian

i am damn sure that this is not the way the final product will look. mahindra is trying to compete with toyota, so i feel atleast in the looks, features and engine department, the ingenio will beat the innova.
Old 22nd August 2008, 20:52   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
I don't know about others but it looks awkward to me. The Innova is much more pleasing to the eyes. From the side profile, I am guessing the backside would resemble the Tata Sumo Grande's posterior.
I agree - very poor aesthetics from M&M. Even a Mahindra Marshal looks much better. The headlights and the front grille are awfully ugly.There are unwanted contours on the front grille and headlights. The bodyline is in no way any better, especially the doors and B and C pillars. I had seen two of these moving near Haji Ali Junction, Mumbai, in disguise and have posted the pictures here on this post. Thought they would look good. But I never imagined that lifting the veil would show such an ugly SUV.
It may be that AUTOBILD has used cyber tactics to fill in the blanks from the spy pictures of the SUV in disguise and reconstruct such an awfully ugly Ingenio!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 22nd August 2008 at 20:59.
Old 22nd August 2008, 21:28   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itszain View Post
Guys - Please check the front page of Auto Bild magazine.

Who won the battle of the sport sedans in that magazine? I'd put my money on the Fiesta S. The SX4 and NHC are anything but sporty!
Old 22nd August 2008, 22:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Auto Bild seems to have done a 'herbie-goes-bananas' with the Ingenio. Lets pray for M&M's sake that the production version does not look anything like that!
Old 31st August 2008, 18:39   #171
Senior - BHPian

was returning from pune today in my innnova. in the expressway, was cruising at 120-130 kmph when i saw a black thing approaching at a real fast pace towards me. quickly moved to the laft lane to give it way. when it was passing by, it dint take time for me to realize that its an ingenio! gosh, i have to the take some pics. one hand went for my mobile and the right foot to the accelerator. i was doing 140 kmph and still could not reach that damn MUV. luckily he was blocked by a slow moving truck in the right lane and as soon as i grabbed my cell, the way he accelerated, i went "oh ****"! then i thought that in no ways am i gonna even try to keep up with him! i dont know about the exteriors but the engine rocks, even better that the scorpio i think.
Old 31st August 2008, 18:57   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
was returning from pune today in my innnova. in the expressway, was cruising at 120-130 kmph when i saw a black thing approaching at a real fast pace towards me. quickly moved to the laft lane to give it way. when it was passing by, it dint take time for me to realize that its an ingenio! gosh, i have to the take some pics. one hand went for my mobile and the right foot to the accelerator. i was doing 140 kmph and still could not reach that damn MUV. luckily he was blocked by a slow moving truck in the right lane and as soon as i grabbed my cell, the way he accelerated, i went "oh ****"! then i thought that in no ways am i gonna even try to keep up with him! i dont know about the exteriors but the engine rocks, even better that the scorpio i think.
The ingenio guy must have been testing how fast the engine could go raj driving 140kmph and trying to take a pic is a dangerous stunt,take care.
Old 31st August 2008, 23:08   #173
BHPian

IMO, this looks very cartoonish. no way this can be a production version
Old 1st September 2008, 06:09   #174
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know about all this, the Ingenio does not looks like this. From what I have heard, the people behind the project saw this picture but commented on it not being similar to the real car.
Old 3rd September 2008, 05:04   #175
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra & Mahindra to roll out new SUV

Mahindra & Mahindra to roll out new SUV - Ingenio ??

CHENNAI: Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) would soon come out with a new Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), a company official said on Tuesday.

Addressing a HR conclave here, organised by Great Lakes Institute of Management, Allen Sequeria, M&M, Senior Vice-President HR, said the new SUV would be rolled out in another 15 days. But he declined to divulge any details about the product even as reporters sought details from him.

Talking about his company, he said, "M&M will be a US Dollar one billion company in the auto component sector and the country's leading tractor manufacturer by 2010."

Sharing his thoughts on managing workplace diversity post-acquisition or merger of companies, he said "the first step to be a global manager is to change your mindset as your previous success strategy and management style may not be a recipe for success in different geographies."

The companies' reluctance to change the mindset was the main reason for 60-70 per cent mergers and acquisitions failing, he added.

Source : Mahindra & Mahindra to roll out new SUV- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:10   #176
BHPian

Mint reports that M&M will roll out a new SUV in 15 days

“Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) would soon come out with a new Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV),” a company official said today.
Addressing an HR conclave , Allen Sequeria, M&M, Senior Vice-President HR, said, "The new SUV would be rolled out in another 15 days. But he declined to divulge any details about the product.”

M&M to roll out new SUV - Corporate News - livemint.com

I guess we can presume it's the Ingenio - or maybe a Bolero CRDE?
Old 6th September 2008, 19:19   #177
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
---- the country's leading tractor manufacturer by 2010."
Aren't they already #1 in the country? TOI
Old 12th September 2008, 21:23   #178

Dates are out

Mahindra Ingenio to be showcased & possibly launched on October 2, 2008 on the founders day celebrations of the company according to a company source.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th September 2008 at 22:10. Reason: Font tags
Old 12th September 2008, 23:26   #179
Senior - BHPian

So at last a date! Let's see how it will look in real and if it will be a challenge to the Innova.
Fingers crossed!
Old 13th September 2008, 11:36   #180
Senior - BHPian

The Auto Bild photo is indeed a poor artist imitation. I happened to look at the Ingenio at close quarters (under camaflage off course) at Lonavala last week, and I could make out that the curves are smoother and the design more on the lines of the Innova though a bit smaller in height & length. Engine seems to be MHawk by the low sound.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed