Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:52   #346
BHPian

May be you need to have few beers before you see this car, after that everything looks beautifull.
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:59   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I guess Mahindra could indeed surprise everyone, by offering cloth covers as optional accessories :-)
I could even think up the Tag line for this car.

Xylo - The undercover car

For the amount of testing that has gone into this one, I wonder if everything is alright!

BH.
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:57   #348
BHPian

saw the xylo today when i was coming from udupi to mangalore was fully covered like in the pics posted here
Old 24th November 2008, 09:57   #349
Senior - BHPian

it's been under cover for so long...but interior (dash board) looks pretty good, some people may not like it. when is this XYLO coming OUT ?
Old 26th November 2008, 10:31   #350
BHPian

Xylo will not be that ugly! :-)

Guys,

Have you read the latest (Dec '08) edition of Auto Car India?
They have published an article on Xylo with a bigger picture (though not a clicked one) in grey color. I am amazed to see that Xylo doesn't look as bad as in the earlier pictures (one such picture is attched). In fact it looks good.

(In the article) There are two more pictures of Xylo getting tested by M&M drivers. One of these seems to be taken at very high altitude, with snowy mountains in the background...may be somewhere in HP or J&K.

I am really looking forward to an early launch of Xylo. I hope M&M will not disappoint.

Cheers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-mahindra_xylo_5.jpg  

Old 26th November 2008, 10:36   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
saw the xylo today when i was coming from udupi to mangalore was fully covered like in the pics posted here
ditto - spotted 2 vehicles going at a close distance. and in that stretch hardly anyone was paying attention to these vehicles !

OT - while driving down the same stretch, i also very briefly spotted a SCORPIO with the badge M2DI at the rear, ( where the CRDE is normally placed ) - not sure i read it right but is this some new version of scorpio ??
Old 26th November 2008, 11:03   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Guys,

Have you read the latest (Dec '08) edition of Auto Car India?
They have published an article on Xylo with a bigger picture (though not a clicked one) in grey color. I am amazed to see that Xylo doesn't look as bad as in the earlier pictures (one such picture is attched). In fact it looks good.

(In the article) There are two more pictures of Xylo getting tested by M&M drivers. One of these seems to be taken at very high altitude, with snowy mountains in the background...may be somewhere in HP or J&K.

I am really looking forward to an early launch of Xylo. I hope M&M will not disappoint.

Cheers!!!
So far their designs resemble Jeep. But Scorpio has a very stylish look, which is very different on the Indian Roads. I too hope the pictures are only an artistic view - and not the end product design. I wish they should complete and overtake Innova instead of not just stopping with exceeding Tavera or Sumo grande sales. To achieve they need to work much on the product and pricing. Let us wait and see.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:27   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
So far their designs resemble Jeep. But Scorpio has a very stylish look, which is very different on the Indian Roads. I too hope the pictures are only an artistic view - and not the end product design. I wish they should complete and overtake Innova instead of not just stopping with exceeding Tavera or Sumo grande sales. To achieve they need to work much on the product and pricing. Let us wait and see.
Style wise Xylo (referring to the picture in Autocar India) certainly scores better than Innova. Dr. Pavan Goenka says in an interview that who soever comes across Xylo exclaims, "it is not an MPV but it has got Mahindra charecteristics (that of a Jeep / SUV)!"

Let's see what does M&M finally come up with.

Cheers!!!
Old 26th November 2008, 11:37   #354
BHPian

Guys,

Can anybody please put a scanned copy of the Autocar India images.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:39   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Style wise Xylo (referring to the picture in Autocar India) certainly scores better than Innova. Dr. Pavan Goenka says in an interview that who soever comes across Xylo exclaims, "it is not an MPV but it has got Mahindra charecteristics (that of a Jeep / SUV)!"

Let's see what does M&M finally come up with.

Cheers!!!
Innova doesn't have a great look or a stylish design. M&M can easily score on that. What they need is the safety (non of their products offer Airbags :-(), Comfort (especially the middle row - again non of their products have ever came up with superior middle seat comfort), Quality of materials used (Scorpio is full of poor plastics) and features. Toyota has the image which justifies their pricing almost, so pricing would be a challenge for M&M. We will wait.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:01   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
OT - while driving down the same stretch, i also very briefly spotted a SCORPIO with the badge M2DI at the rear, ( where the CRDE is normally placed ) - not sure i read it right but is this some new version of scorpio ??
Off Topic:
The M2DI is actually the Bolero engine on the Scorpio, which is obviously sold aimed at the taxi markets. And yes, you read the name right.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:19   #357
Senior - BHPian

I saw the car several times over the past year in camoflage and did not find it very impressive (somewhat boxy and nothing close to the cuboid designs that are gaining favour of late) If the picture above is a true representation it looks even worse I suppose if Hyundai could make the ugly duckling first generation Santro successfull I won't be surpirsed if this one does well (price and utility scoring high on our minds) Although consumer have matured and do consider asthetics important lets see how this one unfolds
Old 26th November 2008, 17:18   #358
Senior - BHPian

Xylo Launched?

Guys is the Xylo launched? I see the ads online now. Infact attaching an image which I print screened while I was reading about the Xylo.

Here's the link - :: XYLO ::

Coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo.jpg  

Last edited by amtak : 26th November 2008 at 17:20. Reason: added the website link
Old 26th November 2008, 17:41   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Guys is the Xylo launched? I see the ads online now. Infact attaching an image which I print screened while I was reading about the Xylo.

Here's the link - :: XYLO ::

Coming soon!
Great observation Amtak!
M&M claims Ingenio/Xylo has successfully clocked over 1,000,000 testing KMs. If they are claiming it right then we can expect a no (or less) niggle car.

Cheers!!!
Old 26th November 2008, 18:01   #360
BHPian

In the teaser campaign there is no mention of 4*4 drivetrain. And it also says a world car- I guess like Mhawk its also going to be a 2 wheel drive only.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks