Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 10:56   #391
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Raj. I am sure M&M is pitching this against the Sedans and atleast at this point not talking directly about Innova! So, this 'MUV' space is worth the WAR!!
Old 9th December 2008, 11:08   #392
BHPian

@getsurya: 90 BHP is going to be a real let down...I don't think M&M will downtune CRDe this much. AutoCar writes 2.5 CRDe will produce 110 BHP and initially will be available in 2WD...4WD will be introduced sometime later..

Cheers!!!
Old 9th December 2008, 11:17   #393
Senior - BHPian

Deepam, I agree. Autocar might be right!
Old 9th December 2008, 11:26   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Deepam, I agree. Autocar might be right!
IMO if M&M launches it with 90 BHP, it is bound to fail...I still remember reading anemic-anemic about earlier TDI (1948/90) engine of Safari.

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 9th December 2008, 11:32   #395
BHPian

After the news-paper reports I seriously doubt if the vehicle is going to be launched at all in December. The overall environment is just not condusive enough for a new vehicle. Also M&M has a lot riding on the Xylo. They will definitely want to minimize the risks involved. I am sure that this car is going to sell in good numbers, but M&M would surely not want to take any chances.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:27   #396
BHPian

Any idea about production has been started or not ?
If not then i guess they might launched it once every thing has been finalised and the production batch will be from 2009

And 90 bhp will be totally a let down. Remembered an unpowered safari 1948 TDI / 90 BHp

All though saw Xylo on mumbai - pune expressway, saw only two persons where sitting in vehicle . I wonder if they have tested the vechile fully loaded with no of persons 7/8 as per sitting capacity with and without AC in some Ghats and off Roading to test the Real Character of the vehicle.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:57   #397
BHPian

:: XYLO ::

Got this emailer just now with this web address in it.
Old 9th December 2008, 21:08   #398
BHPian

Planning to launch on 13 JAN -- CNBC TV18
All Company also reduces prices. -- CNBC
Old 10th December 2008, 14:09   #399
BHPian

Mahindra has come out with a press statement regarding Xylo's launch details.

It's going to be officially launched on 13th Jan and bookings will start from 14th Jan.
Old 11th December 2008, 13:29   #400
BHPian

press article on the launch details and booking

Mahindra_XYLO_will_launch_on_January_13!

Last edited by mshooli : 11th December 2008 at 13:31. Reason: re-phrasing
Old 12th December 2008, 21:57   #401
BHPian

Just got this on the email from the undercover website of the undercover car. Luckily, the mail isnt undercover-ish!

Very straightforward message indeed:
Quote:
The Mahindra Xylo is coming! 13th January, 2009 will mark the final stage of the sedan’s evolution. Be the first to see, and test drive the evolved sedan first hand. The new Xylo will be on display in our showrooms at select cities from 14th January, 2009 onwards.
BH.
Old 13th December 2008, 00:35   #402
nbr
BHPian

Chryslers watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the new pic definetely looks better and digestable! its not a benchmark in styling but its not bad either! even the innova is not a head turner! notice the diaper like thing on the centre of the grille, it started with the new bolero! i hate that thing.

The new grill has changed,due to pressure from Chrysler i guess. Earlier Chrylser had warned about using the same kind of a grill by Mahindra.
Old 13th December 2008, 01:33   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
@getsurya: 90 BHP is going to be a real let down...I don't think M&M will downtune CRDe this much. AutoCar writes 2.5 CRDe will produce 110 BHP and initially will be available in 2WD...4WD will be introduced sometime later..

Cheers!!!
If my suspicions are correct going by Getsurya's info, and I'm no doomsday soothsayer, but I think I see where M&M is going with this Xylo. I think, it's going to be more like 97bhp - and they are probably using a variant of the 2.5 litre (2499 cc) Bolero CRDe engine, rather than the 2.2 M-Hawk engine or the 2.6 Scorpio CRDe engine.

The fact that they will offer 2wd and 4wd on a people mover and the 15 inch wheels, max cabin space etc, point to only one direction. This is going to be M&M's flagship people mover and vie for the number one UV spot in India, which presently, believe it or not goes to the Bolero series of vehicles.

M&M may consider discontinuing the Bolero altogether (or at least in its present form), as it's an aging design that's drooping with multiple cosmetic surgeries. And the Xylo is an all new platform offering many future possibilities (pick up, double-cab etc)

We have a couple of people close to M&M on the forum - any insights on this?

Cheers,
Old 13th December 2008, 13:10   #404
Senior - BHPian

Xylo launch date confirmed.

It's launch date is confirmed. 13th January, 2009. Will be in showroom from 14th, But I hope even before we might get a chance to see or even to take TD.
Old 13th December 2008, 20:25   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
The new grill has changed,due to pressure from Chrysler i guess. Earlier Chrylser had warned about using the same kind of a grill by Mahindra.
But I thought that was only restricted to countries where Chrysler and Mahindra, both sell their products. In fact even before Mahindra got into a legal wrangle with Chrysler for selling the Scorpio in US with the Chrysler-ish grille, the two had already faced each other in a court in South Africa, where Mahindra has been selling their products for some time now. Dont remember what exactly came out there though. But Mahindra continues to sell the Scorpio there.
In any case, there is talk of Mahindra planning to put in a bid for Dodge- Jeep. Getting in so much trouble over a grille
Also, saw the latest spy shots of the Xylo in the current issue of the CAR magazine, where it appears with the grille, original head lights and an awesome set of alloys which I would think would be made available in the top end versions of the car. The grille seems to be in line with the Mahindra family look.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks