Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 11:31   #511
BHPian

And I thought Innova was ugly (though I own one). Xylo is a disaster (look wise) unless they come up with a face lift model ASAP. Regarding the Engine and maintenance Mahindra is known to deliver good and hoping for the same. Interiors are ok, looks better than Sumo grande hopefully feels better as well.

Till then I will stick to the Innova will replace my existing innova with the facelift version once it is launched.
Old 13th January 2009, 11:38   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I do agree they could have done better. But Xylo is not that bad the way people blast on it. We should appreciate effort of Mahindra to bring good competition. They have invested a lot.

If we are not pleased by XYLO we get other vehicle like Innova for less cost because XYLO is present. i wish TATA bring something similar to XYLO.

XYLO price is less, I hope the quality of material used not too cheap.

Good luck!

Ravi.
TATA is coming up with indicruz and it is going to have simmilar front design as of indica vista so expect it to be certainly better than front looks of xylo.
Old 13th January 2009, 11:39   #513
Senior - BHPian

It looks like a mixed breed of the Tavera and Innova! I think the Tata's Crossover would look much better.

The pricing seems to be pretty good though, Innova would definitely feel the pinch.
Old 13th January 2009, 11:43   #514
BHPian

The Xylo looks quite odd from some angles. I am amazed that their claim of a stylish Innova turned out like this! If this is stylish what would be ugly!

The front central airvents looks drastic!

Anyway wish them the best!
Old 13th January 2009, 11:46   #515
BHPian

Guys

Most of you who are critising it, please hold on.

1. First we should have a look at it in person.

2. We should drive it and then give our verdict.

3. It is a MPV not a SUV so it will not look as Butch as a scorpio or an Endevaour.

4. Initial pics indicate it is better looking than the Innova, Tavera, Sumo Grande and the Rhino.

So I guess one should wait before they reject it outright as "Ugly'
Old 13th January 2009, 11:53   #516
BHPian

But Ranc... High ranking Mahindra officials had openly indicated that its gonna be a beauty. That is why it is disappointing. At least they should not have hyped for the sake of it...
Old 13th January 2009, 11:54   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Guys

Most of you who are critising it, please hold on.

1. First we should have a look at it in person.

2. We should drive it and then give our verdict.

3. It is a MPV not a SUV so it will not look as Butch as a scorpio or an Endevaour.

4. Initial pics indicate it is better looking than the Innova, Tavera, Sumo Grande and the Rhino.

So I guess one should wait before they reject it outright as "Ugly'
They could definitely have done better...but we shouldn't go after them saying Ugly/Hideous...M&M has always given rugged and reliable vehicles, so Xylo should be next on the list. But M&M could have done a better design job...as they started it from scratch.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:08   #518
Senior - BHPian

First impression:

- It's ugly! Till the B pillar it looks like a Scorpio and from there it looks like M&M designed it to look like a MPV.

- It also looks very tall.

- From dead on front, a lot of people are going to mistake it for a Scorpio.

- Doesn't look like it comes with ACC either.

- Pretty disappointing as a package. No ABS or Aribags.

- The air con vents in the middle look weird and I hate that pod like thing protuding out from above the vents.

- How come no one has said the steering resembles the Civic's?

The era of sedans is definately not over.

Last edited by amit : 13th January 2009 at 12:10.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:10   #519
BHPian

With the XYLO now out we have to get a TD to feel it & to decide & comment. Though its not very pleasant to see, it might be a reliable vehicle. Specs are not bad for a MPV.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:19   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
But Ranc... High ranking Mahindra officials had openly indicated that its gonna be a beauty. That is why it is disappointing. At least they should not have hyped for the sake of it...
Even a crow will think that its kid is beautiful. So we cannot blame M&M officials on the comments they say
Old 13th January 2009, 12:20   #521
BHPian

In 360 degree view on Xylo website, it does not look that bad.
I am looking forward to a TD...let's see how does it drive!
Old 13th January 2009, 12:22   #522
Senior - BHPian

The Penthouse on Wheels or six-packed luxury land yacht (e-brochure has these titles for xylo) does not have ABS/Airbags.

What's wrong with Mahindra marketing and product management folks ? The latter for coming up a positioning (era of sedans is over) and then providing a product that does not have safety features like Airbags/ABS; and the former for positioning this MPV (which very much looks like an MPV) at younger crowd. Look at the e-brochure and you will understand what I mean.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:24   #523
Senior - BHPian

Ugly little duckling, and it doesnt look like it can grow into a beautiful swan.

Too much Renault influence in M&M?
Old 13th January 2009, 12:25   #524
BHPian

All the hype!!!!! Could have done better!! Won't say its a bad design!! But still.........!!
If they had offered ABS & Airbags it would have been a sure Value for Money Ride!!! Come on M&M why cut such an Important safety equipment. Atleast they could have given it in the Optional Category !! The duo tone of Black & Silver was good but again they gave the silver color only for the Front Bumper!!! Could have continued through the whole body. It would have been more appealing!! Overall for now !! I would term it as Disappointment in Styling!! But will be a Competition for Innova and the Sumo Grande!!!
Old 13th January 2009, 12:25   #525
Senior - BHPian

For the hype that was created by Mahindra for months now, the looks are very disappointing. The front looks downright ugly and they should have put on an all new grille. It looks ok from the rear 3/4 view but it is a tad too tall as well. I expecta lot of body roll in this one. Interiors look decent but those larger than life AC vents look wierd. About comfort and seating only sitting in the car in person will tell. I dont know about the top end version but the base model should do well in the taxi market.

Is it better looking than the Innova? Most certainly not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed