Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 17:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Here's an exerpt from an article in today's Business standard mentioning possible launch date and pricing:
The Rs. 4-5 lac price is not for Ingenio but for a smaller future vehicle that's only seat 5.
Old 4th April 2008, 21:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Yup even i doubt Ingenio will be priced around 4-5 lacs bracket.
Isnt Ingenio is targetted at Sumo grande??
Old 4th April 2008, 21:55   #48
BHPian

the color looks like the same color of tavera...
u never know these amrericans might be trying to do what mahindra did....
Old 4th April 2008, 23:35   #49

Finally someone puts up pictures. I have the vehicle in questions pictures since last summer. unluckily for reasons i can not disclose, i cant put them up.
Also, someone has stated that the scorpios top speed is 150 kmph. I suggest that the person in question drive a scorpio on the expressway and then comment.
I was present when the top speed test was done. and it is not 150 kmph, it is way more.
Old 4th April 2008, 23:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1 View Post
well a friend of mine who works in mahindra told me that thre ingenio will be launched with 2.2 ltr m-hawk engine. i think the car must be having better aerodynamics [than scorpio] coupled with the punchy diesel engine making it go to 160km/h .
man_1,

A quick one. Can you ask your friend@MM to confirm if the profile in Doctor's pics, is that of the Ingenio please?

cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Here's an exerpt from an article in today's Business standard mentioning possible launch date and pricing:
On another note, if the m-Hawk (without the de-tuning) engine, if they could launch a (brand) new UV at 4-5 lacs INR, then why is the Scorp m-Hawk so obscenly expensive? Something amiss, don't you think?

Are MM trying to build the Scorpio brand into a lux-SUV segment so that they can slot in a (brand of) UV into the space where Scorpio actually was born into (and now being exited)? i think it's happening now.

(By the methods buried deep down in the annals of differential calculus, by 2010, M&M will find some ways to price the Scorpio at 20 Lacs levels- though it may have driver's air bag by then )

Ummm. Gotta watch for another case study on HBR.

BH.
Old 5th April 2008, 00:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
I was present when the top speed test was done. and it is not 150 kmph, it is way more.
I'm curious! What was it on a Scorpio? And how long was it sustained (either in terms of distance or time in minutes), please? And what modification were done on the vehicles? Was it done on dry or wet or combination? How many vehicles were used? What time of the day?

BH.
Old 5th April 2008, 00:22   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
I'm curious! What was it on a Scorpio? And how long was it sustained (either in terms of distance or time in minutes), please? And what modification were done on the vehicles? Was it done on dry or wet or combination? How many vehicles were used? What time of the day?

BH.
It was a normal scorpio without any modifications.
It was on the expressway.
We held the top speed of about 168kmph for a long time. As long as the road permitted.
The test was done both in dry and wet weather.
It was done on a CRDe and a petrol export Scorpio.
Old 5th April 2008, 01:13   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
It was a normal scorpio without any modifications.
It was on the expressway.
We held the top speed of about 168kmph for a long time. As long as the road permitted.
The test was done both in dry and wet weather.
It was done on a CRDe and a petrol export Scorpio.
How was the experience of holding on to that kind of speed (168kmph) in an unmodified scorp "for as long as the expressway lasted". Scary, eh?

I thought, the top speed tests were conducted after removing certain elements of the vehicle (especially the accessories such as ski racks, side claddings, etc) to reduce the coefficient of drag and (may be inapplicable for scorp) slipstream turbulence. And abroad, top speed tests are not done on public roads (motorways included) and also not done on wet days due to health & safety regulations (amongst others). Private airstrips or disused/idler airports seem to be the preferred tracks. But hey, we Indians can do anything on our expressway.

But thanks for answering the top speed query anyways.cheers:

Btw, did you feel that, the scorp had little more juice left in it, when it was doing 168? I was expecting that you would mention some where close to 180 kmph as the topspeed, when you said "way too high above 150" in your last post.

BH.
Old 5th April 2008, 02:10   #54
BHPian

Great scoop doctor!! I really couldn't make out what car it is, but i go by what the others say and believe it to be the Ingenio. IMO, it is longer than the Innova and there by more spacious.

Dhaval
Old 5th April 2008, 12:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
How was the experience of holding on to that kind of speed (168kmph) in an unmodified scorp "for as long as the expressway lasted". Scary, eh?

"For as long as the expressway lasted" & " As long as the road permitted" re two very different things when it comes to the expressway!

Which stretch of the expressway was this?

Also, top speed tests by manufacturers are done using vehicles as they would be delivered to the customers, i.e with all accessories etc.

Suhail
Old 8th April 2008, 10:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Clicked few snaps of the possible Ingenio while coming back from Mumbai this Monday.. Will post it soon... Interesting thing is, Got photo when it was following Innova..
Old 8th April 2008, 18:46   #57
BHPian

maybe its not the ingenio it must be the toyota fortuner
Old 8th April 2008, 20:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
maybe its not the ingenio it must be the toyota fortuner
Dont think so, The fortuner is much bigger than the one shown in the thread. NDTV showed the fortuner last week.

See this:
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-fortunertoyota.jpg

Last edited by mail4ajo : 8th April 2008 at 21:00.
Old 8th April 2008, 21:23   #59
BHPian

What is the possibility that this can be Logan MCV?
Just today someone posted some pics of the MCV and the large glass area reminds me of the vehicle in the scoop pic. Just a thought.
Old 9th April 2008, 09:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Here you go... Sorry for the pic quality...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-0407_074045.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-0407_074124.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks