Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 19:42   #601
BHPian

Here I am, if you just remove the grill I would say its not Bad at all looking a Price Tag. Rather I would say M&M moved way ahead in fit and finish, ya not close to Toyota, but they did. Interiors seems to be much much better than Scorpio. Tyre looks really heavy, its Macho MUV.
Old 13th January 2009, 19:51   #602
Senior - BHPian

OK, I am going to stick my neck out and say that this car will be a big success for M&M.

why? because they seem to have improved fit and finish (though will reserve judgement on that count till i see in flesh), has good interior space and undercuts a similarly specced Innova by over a Lakh- the E8 seems comparable to the G4 version of the Innova.

the taxi fleet will love it. Also, the Bolero 2.5 block is very rugged and reliable, so that can only be a good thing. More power and torque than the innova would also mean better lugging power- another thing taxi wallahs will like.
Old 13th January 2009, 19:54   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
But, i must say your 2 tone idea has come out very well on the OE xylo :
Thanks BBS!! And as expected the XYLO is turned into a sure head turner !!!
Old 13th January 2009, 19:59   #604
Senior - BHPian

Just watched the 3D images and the full view and I really like this one! Not getting into VFM and all that, since we will never agree on that. But yes, lack of ABS and airbag is bad!

Apart from that, the design and especially the interiors are beautiful! Sumo Grande is sure going to feel the heat, if at all we should take that as a competition here. If the performance is something that is being seens (like the high speed acceleration and pickup) and if the vehicle if free from those QC slips, I guess we might just have a winner here!

Kudos M&M!
Old 13th January 2009, 21:02   #605
Senior - BHPian

after watching this video:
Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

i feel the xylo is a winner for sure. even the front looks pretty decent in the video.

i especially loved the digital speedo and claims that the rear seats are more comfortable than the innova strengthens my opinion.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:15   #606
BHPian

i saw the video!

actually i saw a lot of stuff before commenting.. zigwheels has a superb and detailed review and i loved the video they posted.. i also saw wallpapers on the xylo website.. darn neat yaa! actually i wud prefer being in the first class of a jumbo jet but i wud give the same preference for xylo on indian roads(in my budgetthat is) the real beauty of xylo is the interiors.. i wanna hve a test drive before commenting more
Old 13th January 2009, 21:29   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

A new entry to the Ugliest car thread!!
My god, this thing is hideous!! But Indian taxi market sure doesn't always require a stunner. My guess would be, this product from M&M could very well become a favourite with the tour operators for the simple reasons,

As compared to Innova, its-
Cheaper
More comfortable(Claimed and hoping its true)
Better service network
Cheaper spares

Only time will tell how it does.

PS: Is it just me or the rear reminds you guys also of the LC Prado.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:32   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
after watching this video:
Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

i feel the xylo is a winner for sure. even the front looks pretty decent in the video.

i especially loved the digital speedo and claims that the rear seats are more comfortable than the innova strengthens my opinion.
The guy in the video Mr. Darukhanawala is saying in the end that comfort level of rear seats of xylo is even better then that of innova.Man those are big words!! If ride quality and comfort levels are like these guys are saying then we are seeing another toyota qualis like success in this segment.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:33   #609
BHPian

XYLO Sedan?

Mahindra launches luxury sedan XYLO- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 13th January 2009, 21:57   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
A

PS: Is it just me or the rear reminds you guys also of the LC Prado.
Hey, you got it! I had a sense of déjà vu when I saw the Xylo's rear. It resembles the Prado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
and to think that i got stones pelted at me for taking snaps of it
And I bet you'll get stones pelted at you if you buy one and drive it home to your kids- only that time, they'll probably do it!

What a hype it has been. Made a lot of us sit on the edges biting our nails in anticipation. At least, the interior space and the comfy- looking seats save half the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
jkdas was talking about Sonalika RHINO..not about Rhinoceros!
Yes, yes, but I was talking about the rhinoceros. After seeing the Xylo, what else do you expect me to think about?

And what's that green colour of the vehicle? Bathroom tiles?

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2009 at 13:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another!
Old 13th January 2009, 22:22   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
And I bet you'll get stones pelted at you if you buy one and drive it home to your kids- only that time, they'll probably do it!

What a hype it has been. Made a lot of us sit on the edges biting our nails in anticipation. At least, the interior space and the comfy- looking seats save half the day.
On second thoughts M&M might be considered pioneers for the minivan segment in India in a way -- just like Chrylser did in US. have a look at my gallery and you can draw comparisons between them -- i was missing this vehicle in India when i returned from US. but i need an Auto tranny on this one . lets see who does that first on these minivans -- will it be
Toyota -- Innova
M&M -- Xylo
or
Tata -- Xover

I'll wait and watch and make do with my indigo till that time
Old 13th January 2009, 22:24   #612
BHPian

I agree that the fit and finish are good (by what I have seen in the pictures). But exterior view is not upto the mark.

I was wondering if they provide the same kind of interiors in Scorpio, then scorpio sales might rise significantly.

I won't buy Xylo. I would buy Innova (just going by the looks).
Old 13th January 2009, 22:25   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Yes, yes, but I was talking about the rhinoceros. After seeing the Xylo, what else do you expect me to think about?

And what's that green colour of the vehicle? Bathroom tiles?
! come on man just give mahindra some break.
Old 13th January 2009, 22:48   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
The guy in the video Mr. Darukhanawala is saying in the end that comfort level of rear seats of xylo is even better then that of innova.Man those are big words!!
Yeah big words and big awards dont cost much these days. Me, I'd save that money for a lifetime of darukhana visits.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:01   #615
Senior - BHPian

I would take Mr Darukhanawala's words with a pinch of salt. To see how really confortable the car is, you should sit in both cars yourself. One man's comfort could possibly be another man's pain.

For all you know Mr Darukhanwala might find all the cars he sits in comfortable. We all know how biased some auto publications are.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks