Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 11:09   #661
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
A feature which no other car in the world has.

The central console LCD display shows a picture of your preferred god or godess. You can choose from a list and the central display shows that. Amazing. lol.
Holy cow, thats classic man! Says a lot about the target market for the Xylo. The dashboard temple industry (flashing lights et all) has got to be scurring for cover.

Whoever thought of this feature has really done his research. No, I am serious!
Old 14th January 2009, 11:12   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The central console LCD display shows a picture of your preferred god or godess. You can choose from a list and the central display shows that. Amazing. lol.
Now the absence of ABS and Airbags makes sense.
Old 14th January 2009, 11:14   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, I have a question - are you saying the Innova looks better than this???

IMHO, the Xylo seems to have packed away quite a few small frills. Noticeably lacking are the ABS & Airbags but I'm not surprised because for some strange reason, these are way at the bottom of M&M's priority list, always!

This should do well as a people's mover. Don't expect high speed aerodynamics etc & you won't be disappointed.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it has Anup's favorite middle row food tray attached as well. LOL

lack of abs and airbags - exactly what i was trying to find in the spec sheet on the web site.
what is with these manufacturer's - why is it so difficult to give abs abd airbags as optional extra right from the basic versions
Old 14th January 2009, 11:19   #664
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra seems to have a fancy for birds for engine names.
First was m-hawk and now m-eagle. wonder which bird next....
maybe m-sparrow or m-crow.

About looks, if India could make the Qualis(the ugliest vehicle) a grand success given its functional utility,reliability and price, im sure the Xylo too can be successful if it can offer the same for a competitive price and im sure it will be lapped up by the masses no matter how ugly it looks. (looks are subjective though).

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 14th January 2009 at 11:39.
Old 14th January 2009, 11:47   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
buddy, scorpio was never pitched against the sumo. the sumo is way cheaper than the scorpio. the top end mHawk scorpio costs 11.5 lakhs on-road. its a competition to the innova & safari, not the sumo.
whats scorpio's base model cost? i would be buying a base model and not top end mHawk scorpio!

i think scorpio did hit the sales of sumo and thats how sumo vista and grande came to life!

cheers:
Old 14th January 2009, 11:56   #666
BHPian

just one word, UGLY exterior and interiors. No safety feature, BAD. I dont understand whats the problem in making safety features as optional across all the models ? are they trying to say that a person who is buying an intermediate model has no value for life ? why don't govt enforce manufacturers to provide safety features as optional in all models along with to give CO2 foot print as part of brochure.
Old 14th January 2009, 12:00   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
scorpio non-crde is discontinued since long.

just checked the on-road price of the top end grande, it costs more than the Crde scorpio LX, ridiculous! no wonder it failed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
whats scorpio's base model cost? i would be buying a base model and not top end mHawk scorpio!

i think scorpio did hit the sales of sumo and thats how sumo vista and grande came to life!

cheers:
i saw that the sumo grand was priced at 9.5 lakhs on-road, see my above quote.

dint realize you were comparing the top-end grande with the base scorpio.
IMHO, you should compare the top-end of both or base variants of both.
Old 14th January 2009, 12:09   #668
Senior - BHPian

Every company has its own system of code naming the develpments.

The mHawk think was originally mEagle but the eagle name was already registered so M&M changed to Hawk.

As far as the Xylo is concerned, a changed grill would do wonder to the looks of this car.

After my initial outburst I will see this car probably today or tomorrow at the dealers and give some personal feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Mahindra seems to have a fancy for birds for engine names.
First was m-hawk and now m-eagle. wonder which bird next....
maybe m-sparrow or m-crow.

About looks, if India could make the Qualis(the ugliest vehicle) a grand success given its functional utility,reliability and price, im sure the Xylo too can be successful if it can offer the same for a competitive price and im sure it will be lapped up by the masses no matter how ugly it looks. (looks are subjective though).
Old 14th January 2009, 12:14   #669
BHPian

rear appearances and the interior looks ok to good , but i think the front looks to bulky for a muv, its somewhere between a proper suv and a proper muv - maybe mahindra's idea of a (con)fusion
Old 14th January 2009, 12:15   #670
BHPian

Xylo's birth will trigger the second innings of Innova. Great timing with that proposed Innova facelift in 2009.

Why the hell did they ruin the front end? There is just no trace of character.

BH.
Old 14th January 2009, 12:18   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
lack of abs and airbags - exactly what i was trying to find in the spec sheet on the web site.
what is with these manufacturer's - why is it so difficult to give abs abd airbags as optional extra right from the basic versions
I do not think air bags are offered in any of the Mahindra products sold in India. It is unlikely to be offered, unless government comes out with legislation.

Just curious, Does Mahindra offer air bags for their products ( excluding tractors) sold out side India?

-- Wind
Old 14th January 2009, 12:23   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A feature which no other car in the world has.

The central display also shows instantaneous mileage, distance to empty, inside/outside temp, outside humidity, gear information and compass.
omg really innovative idea i may say!!
i think this may console follow into the scorpio..

Last edited by vinaydas : 14th January 2009 at 12:25.
Old 14th January 2009, 12:27   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Xylo's birth will trigger the second innings of Innova. Great timing with that proposed Innova facelift in 2009.

Why the hell did they ruin the front end? There is just no trace of character.

BH.
The Innova doubtless is a great vehicle. But I would prefer if Toyota did not facelift it. They have this amazing knack of ruining a reasonable thing in the name of a facelift. I am sure Innova facelift will drive people towards the Xylo.
Old 14th January 2009, 13:36   #674
BHPian

all the reviews and articles are very positive about Xylo.. but i dont think it can compete with the innovas
Old 14th January 2009, 14:10   #675
Senior - BHPian

There are four car dealerships within walking distance from my parent's home here in Chennai. And, with all four of them launching new cars at this time, i'm enjoying myself a bit. I checked out the Xylo today. The ride is good. I want to talk to the design team , though. What were they thinking?. Really.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-116-large.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-117-large.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-118-large.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-120-large.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-121-large.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-123-large.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-109-large.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-119-large.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed