Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 15:47   #691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Very innovative airscoop. Takes air from from from, gets its channel to bonnet and then to..!
It is indeed innovative. The airscoop gets channeled through the bonnet and then to the front grille through the ducts(that i have circled in red).

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-chennai-118-large.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Non Crde Scorpio is not discontinued , Scorpio M2DI is being sold to corner Sumo Victa market but it can not be registered in Metro cities as it is not
BS III.
raj_5004 was referring to the SZ2600 & SZ2600plus as the non-crde scorpios, they were discontinued when CRDe was launched. M2DI is also non-crde but it is different from the SZ2600 & SZ2600plus.

Last edited by badboyscad : 14th January 2009 at 15:52.
Old 14th January 2009, 15:57   #692
Senior - BHPian

Well not too impressive design. But guys, this MUV certainly overtook me on Pune-Mumbai exp when i was doing > 110 KMPH that too with much ease (pre-launch days). If the FE is proved to be good, there will be buyers no doubt as ppl in this segment do not pay much attention to the exterior looks.
Old 14th January 2009, 16:07   #693
BHPian

This reminded me of the TVS Victor bike - good parts, spoiled by poor looks, rendering the sum of the parts better than the whole product.

If you just look at individual parts, they look fine, but the overall product is awful to look at, however good it may be. I guess this alone will drive away most private buyers and restrict the vehicle to commercial use.
Old 14th January 2009, 16:19   #694
BHPian

XYLO Variants

Some insight about Xylo varints/interiors. I think the price is unmatched for the features offered. Looking at the specs/features I think Mahindra has done a very good job and on paper they have a winner. Only time will tell how it performs.

All the best M&M!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo-variants.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo-interiors.jpg  

Old 14th January 2009, 16:24   #695
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra needs to hire some good designers. In rest of the departments, they are going great guns!!
Old 14th January 2009, 16:41   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Would certainly agree with you point of view and relate to that. If I also look out for a second vehicle in the family for comfortable and safe travel, I might also consider this vehicle, since:
(all from brochure & pics)
a. It is spacious
b. It has good interior
c. Engine if proven one.
d. It's a M&M - for the dealer coverage.

But will I think of this if I am a buying the first vehicle for myself? IMHO no!
50-50. Some will take Xylo are their first vehicle too. My family friend ( 5 members in family )took their first vehicle as Tavera . They didnt go for Innova as it was costlier than Tavera . Some people are very consicious about the price factor too. They wanted a big vehicle , Diesel and Seating Capacity . They took the one they can afford to the maximum . Consumer tastes and preferences are mixed. What i have noticed in this thread was people started speaking more about the -ves(front look, ABS etc) than the +ve ones(many like good price , good interiors , good features , spacious .. etc) .
Old 14th January 2009, 16:42   #697
BHPian

Guys I just received this email. I dont know if this is the actual specification. If wrong please Excuse me.

XYLo.

Engine Type 4 Cylinder, Turbocharged Diesel (m-Eagle CRDe) Displacement 2498cc, Max power 112bhp @ 3800 rpm Max Torque 24 kgm @ 1800-3000 rpm, Gearbox Type 5 Speed Manual, Steering Type Power Assisted Rack & Pinion, Suspension Front Independent Coil springs, Double Wishbone type with Anti-roll bar Rear Multi-link Coil springs ,Wheels and Tyres - Wheels 6.0J X 15 (Steel and Alloy type) Tyre 215/75 R15, Brakes Front Ventilated Disc Rear Drum , Vehicle Body Two box, Five Door ,Seating Capacity 7 & 8 seater, Fuel Tank Capacity 55 litres. Overall Dimensions - Wheel Base 2760 mm, Width 1850 mm, Length 4520 mm, Height 1895 mm, Ground Clearance 186 mm, Turning Circle Radius 5.4 m, Kerb Weight 1830 kg (2WD) Gross Weight 2475 kg (2WD) .

Exterior :
Ski rack – (N/A)
Body coloured electric Outside rear view mirrors.Fog lamps
Rear fog lamps
Alloy wheels
Side body cladding – Body Coloured (Steel insert)
Coloured Bumpers
Coloured Grill
Coloured Handles & outside rear view mirrors & footstep end caps
Rear wash & wipe (rear wiper)

Interior :
Digital Clock – (N/A)
Digital Drive Assist System
Roof console for spectacle holder
Mobile charging points (front on IP and middle on centre console)
Courtesy lamps (1+1+2)
Rear glass embedded antenna
Seat & Interior Trims
Theatre Style Seating (7,8)
Flat bed front seats
Armrest for driver and co-driver
3 position lumbar support for front & middle captain seats
Height adjustable driver seat
Foldable flight trays
Foldable arm rest in the middle and last seat with utility space
Seat material made of fabric
8 front facing, 7seater (captain seats)

Safety :
Tubeless tyres
intellipark reverse assist
Engine immobilizer (Transponder based)

Comfort & Convenience :
HVAC
Surround cool dual AC's
Floor console
Power steering
Puddle lamp on front & rear doors
Tilt steering
Keyless entry
Central locking
Illumination ring
Power window
Power window express up/down (driver side) with anti-pinch
Two DIN audio system
Rear defogger
Electric remote fuel lid opener

Sorry for the lengthy post, but this is how i received it.

Last edited by mnhegde : 14th January 2009 at 16:51.
Old 14th January 2009, 16:42   #698
BHPian

mahindra xylo has really disappointed me . I went to the showroom to get an e4 model booked for my self, but the moment i saw the mpv i was shocked that what mahindra has done . the looks are pathetic . I feel that I am the most dejected person who was eagerly waiting for the xylo . I feel really bad . It looks like a big wagon r , with a huge over hang .
Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana
Old 14th January 2009, 16:55   #699
BHPian

What is the expected fuel efficiency?

Guy, any ideas on what is the expected fuel efficiency of this vehicle? When they say the "Era of Sedans is over", they should have a decenf FE.
Old 14th January 2009, 17:04   #700
BHPian

mods: sorry exceeded the 20 min deadline hence this post.

I think the front grill could have been better. the rear 3 quarter view make it feel huge.
If the comfort and refinement levels match or are atleast 80 % of Innova this will sell.

I doubt though people will buy this for personal use. Xylo will definitely be lapped up by the taxi operators.
Old 14th January 2009, 17:16   #701
BHPian

Thanks for the pictures..

This will sure be a great value for money in terms service costs and spare parts.

But to me it doesn't looks good. Atleast they could have retained with the front of Scorpio itself... It would have been much better...

and from the front headlight, it looks like too boxy towards the end.

It will sure have a lot of value added features when compared to Innova, because thats the only way they can even think of breaking into innova's territory.

It looks similar to the tavera in many ways. The alloys looks the same for both.
Old 14th January 2009, 17:35   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
There are four car dealerships within walking distance from my parent's home here in Chennai. And, with all four of them launching new cars at this time, i'm enjoying myself a bit. I checked out the Xylo today. The ride is good. I want to talk to the design team , though. What were they thinking?. Really.
From the pics I have seen through other sources, I thought the vehicle is outright ugly.But some of your snaps made me think that the vehicle is ugly in a few angles only

But the pricing is spot on with all the goodies loaded. Takers for the top-end will miss the ABS, EBD and Airbags though.
Old 14th January 2009, 18:04   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Mahindra needs to hire some good designers. In rest of the departments, they are going great guns!!
I think the main designer behind the Scorpio left soon after the launch of Scorpio.

Many a time, the designers are forced to work within certain parameters by the top management - which means they are not given 100% freedom to exploit their styling talents. The management also gives certain input for the stylist. I think the Xylo grill would be an example. Also the people who have been working on the design for a few years begin to see less and less of the flaws of their design. Also I suspect this is one area that most companies do not get feedback from the customers during the development phase since they do not want to reveal the design.

I remember an instance in a company where the chairman got the R&D team to develop a variant for one of their existing vehicles and got the variant also certified from ARAI. But as far as I know, they sold less than 10 numbers of that variant. And almost everybody in the R&D team knew they were simply wasting their energy and time - but who will bell the cat?
Old 14th January 2009, 18:57   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
From the xylo website:

Safety
Tubeless tyres
intellipark reverse assist (useless while cruising)
Engine immobilizer (Transponder based) (useless while cruising)

Are they keeping any tubeless tyre in the dash/steering wheel instead of an airbag??

PS: only pun intended.
M&M don't know the difference between safety feature and security feature
immobilizer is a security feature, I don't know how it will help the safety of the occupants in the vehicle
Even after having all the gadgets, they are not offering ABS and Airbags, not even an option, where as Top end Innova has ABS and Airbags and standard
How many of us wants a gadget on the dash to understand, which gear the vehicle is
Old 14th January 2009, 19:03   #705
BHPian

A good effort from Mahindra there. We need to applaud an all Indian product first, maybe we can nit pick later.

Having said that I do feel Mahindra should have provided ABS and airbags. Maybe we as consumers need to push manufacturers hard enough to start providing these safety features atleast as an option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks