Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 21:03   #811

MARKETTING stratergy

the more we look at the XYLO it seems, that either the M&M guys got drunk while designing the front end(All u guys have shown us that with just some photoshop touches a world of a diffence could have been made).,,or it is a part of their now famous grand XYLO marketing strategy, in which they have mastered to offer weird reasons ...

Going by all this i think the marketting group must hav purposely made sure that it doesn't get the butch look -when compared to the scorpio-otherwise scorpio sales would have been badly hit.. advice to M&M if u want XYLO to resemble an SUV please just change the headlights,if u want it to resemble an MUV please change the grill straight away..,It is intresting that PORCHE also faced a similar dilema CAYENE should it look like a another PORCHE sports car OR a BUTCH looking SUV..and we all know the horrendus result..,

on a serious note they should have priced it along the scorpio and should have got an underpowered version for the taxi market.,,.i wonder now who will buy the SCORPIO LX model..,

Another visual flaw is the shape of the STERRING WHEEL-it is really odd (staright out of the SUMO).,looks horrible.,.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:35   #812
BHPian

The excess body roll has also been highlighted in the business standard review..
Old 16th January 2009, 22:21   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpente View Post
@stable rock.. i agree to most part of your review but sorry to differ on swinging and braking.. ther must be a problem with the vehicle you wer driving.. cuz i rode it.. an all i can say is its a beauty.. the turning radius is amzingly small for such a big car..now pls note i am not comparing it with innova or a jetta but this makes a great city vehicle! i found it less swinging than our good ol scorpio and the braking was pretty powerful! and as far as i hve read reviews and user TD reviews everyone seems to be damn happy bout the car.. i think we t-bhpians hve set our mind to thinking negative about this car.. most people who hve experienced the vehicle including all car experts hve given a thumbs up to the vehicle.. stablerock.. i think the car u rode had an issue.. cheerio!
I have clearly mentioned in my TD report that Xylo was very comfortable at speeds of about 40km/h,even at a higher speed in a straight line the car was comfortable no doubt in it,(as you said ideal for city and great turning radius too)But once you do a line change or take a curve at a better speed Xylo swings.Regarding this body roll it is clearly mentioned in the reviews by the experts,say atleast by Bijoy kumar of BSM.

As you mentioned the the braking might be powerful but I was not confident enough to apply it due to the excessive body roll.It was swinging too much when i tried to slow down from a speed of 100+.

Those who are used to Scorpio,Grande might feel comfortable driving a Xylo because those people are used to these kind s of body rolls. Again I am mentioning that it might come out as a success for M&M becuase of the VFM factor.

Last edited by stable rock : 16th January 2009 at 22:28.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:10   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
According to the sales guy ABS and Airbag is not at all necessary.Another shocker for me.He also told me that it is very difficult to take the car above 80+ km/hr in the Highways we have,so ABS is not at all necessary for cars according to him.I think he never had seen or heard about the GQ roads we have.Poor knowledge for the sales guy .
Why? ABS and Airbags are only for sedans, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
When I ask where the luggage will go for 8 people. He said if you need luggage space etc, then you must go for sedan
Sedans!? How dare he?
Old 17th January 2009, 00:27   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Why? ABS and Airbags are only for sedans, is it?
May be the 'Age of Sedans is over' is only for those sedans that doesn't offer ABS and Airbags
Old 17th January 2009, 09:29   #816
Senior - BHPian

bijoy kumar's review comes as a breath of fresh air after all the bashing in T-BHP!
Old 17th January 2009, 09:59   #817
Senior - BHPian

The front of this vehicle reminds me of Darth Vader in Star Wars.

Old 17th January 2009, 10:49   #818
Team-BHP Support

Arent we going over-critical here with respect to our opinions and views on the Xylo?

For all i remember, we have one review, and innumerable complaints from people who havent even seen the vehicle in person.
Old 17th January 2009, 15:53   #819
BHPian

You need to test drive the vehicle

Frankly speaking, I wasn't quite impressed with Xylo after looking at its pics. But when I test drove the vehicle I was completely impressed by it. First of all the vehicle has a tremendous road presence. Everyone seems to be disliking the grill in the front but that is one thing that makes a statement in the vehicle. The interiors are very well done and the drive quality is excellent. Those who are criticizing Xylo should simply test drive it. I am sure their opinions will change.
Old 17th January 2009, 23:08   #820
BHPian

It is surprising, and if true, quite disappointing, to learn that a machine that was tested extensively - ostensibly in "hell"- behave the way a couple of fellow forum members describe it to. I sincerely hope that, and keeping in mind the confidence exuded by M&M, the experience is a one (two) - off case.
Old 18th January 2009, 00:23   #821
BHPian

Guys have to see this weeks C&B show on NDTV the way Siddharth Patankar has described the styling of the Xylo is simply hilarious .
Old 18th January 2009, 10:48   #822
Senior - BHPian

I am quite impressed with what the Xylo comes with at its price tag. I have tried to sit in the third row and have done it comfortably (I am tall). I believe that is the main thing that a main stream MPV should do.

Secondly, the Era of Sedans thing is just an advertise. Lets not forget that numerous other manufacters have made car commercials much more sillier. I believe that bottom lines are not to be taken seriously sometimes.

Last edited by Stratos : 18th January 2009 at 10:52.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:22   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Its available in Red color E8 Model.

Sales guys are pathetic in M&M, no knowledge of anything. When I ask where the luggage will go for 8 people. He said if you need luggage space etc, then you must go for sedan, we made this vehicle specially if you want to go out for short distance like 7-8 people want to go for shopping locally you can use this Xylo.
When I ask for Engine, he says its completely new Engine made my Mahindra.
Very stupid explanation... I think with luggage only 4 people can travel with folding the back seat. I think they should have make 40-60 to the back seat so that some space could have adjusted while traveling 5-6 people in the car.
We may expect the some facelift after all the feed back from T-Bhp and the Customer.
Old 18th January 2009, 11:27   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
And one who spends 10 lakhs on an Innova would have the financial capability to buy a smaller / cheaper car for the rest.
I guess we are saying the same thing then. Innova is usually not the *only vehicle* in the house. That would apply to all MUVs in general.
Old 18th January 2009, 13:13   #825
Senior - BHPian

the xylo didnt catch my eye on first sight...it was the same reaction when the scorpio was first launched..but i guess we'll get used to it over time as with the scorpio in spite of its design quirks..it'll do very well in the market IMO..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks