Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 10:49   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Maybe its a design thing. People wear clothes so why not let your car wear a cover. Mahindra might launch fancy sports leisure covers, fancy formal wear covers, special covers for celebrations etc etc.
So, what kind of wear it is, a cargo-wear?
Innova is the leader in this MUV segment and I am sure a face lift is on the way, will attract even more families to choose it.
Any delay on XYLO or Tata's XOver further would be a great advantage to Innova - So the design, comfort, look, and FE are very important.

If XYLO has such a design (even just the front look), even customers who come to buy other MM products (Logan, Scorpio etc), may afraid to go to the showroom. The passers by will change their route in the nights.

Last edited by agbenny : 17th November 2008 at 10:53.
Old 17th November 2008, 11:13   #302
Senior - BHPian

xylo is a perfect name for this vehicle,it really looks and sounds like a lab specimen

this car is atleast not as ugly as the 2 nd gen honda city(fit ) and the Dzire

Last edited by AMATMO : 17th November 2008 at 11:14.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:57   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
xylo is a perfect name for this vehicle,it really looks and sounds like a lab specimen

Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder!

Cheers!!!
Old 17th November 2008, 19:44   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post

Unfortunately it is a close call here! I still hope for the best till the launch...

Also, how long does Mahindra take to develop a vehicle? This Ingenio/Xylo is running for sometime now.
Old 17th November 2008, 21:01   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Unfortunately it is a close call here! I still hope for the best till the launch...

Also, how long does Mahindra take to develop a vehicle? This Ingenio/Xylo is running for sometime now.
I had the same question, Just read few posts below. :-)
Old 17th November 2008, 22:44   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
You are right! The red Xylo's grill and bonnet look quite similar to those in spy picture.

Cheers!!!

Why is Mahindra obsessed with the rodent look.. just like the rodent king Hyundai !!
Old 17th November 2008, 23:30   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its better than launching a vehicle and then recalling it for minor problems dude! it will hurt the brand. let them take their own sweet time and launch a defect free car.
Old 18th November 2008, 08:46   #308
BHPian

redesigned Innova's here already. Saw the other day in the showroom when I went there to check the new Fortuner. The grill just looks like the Avanza. Not so inspiring. Not much change btw for Innova and as well for Fortuner. Confused whether to book a Fortuner or Rav4 or Honda CRV.
Old 18th November 2008, 10:10   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
its better than launching a vehicle and then recalling it for minor problems dude! it will hurt the brand. let them take their own sweet time and launch a defect free car.
Rightly said Raj!

The same is evident in Scorpio which requires lesser workshop visits than Safari (Safari guys: just stating the fact, which I picked from your own posts). Reliability has to be the most vital characteristic of any car and here M&M scores far better.

So M&M take your time but in that time let Xylo undergo a cosmetic surgery to beautify it's SNOUT!!!

Cheers!!!

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 18th November 2008 at 10:12.
Old 18th November 2008, 11:44   #310
BHPian

Quote:
I would just say that the market waits for none!
Old 18th November 2008, 12:06   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would just say that the market waits for none!
probably true, but i guess mahindra knows what its doing. suppose it launches the XYLO now without undergoing proper tests and the vehicle faces a lot of problems in the hands of the customer, they will lose their brand value and even sales of scorpio will plummet in that bargain!

mahindras extensively road test their vehicle before launching. everyday a team of 10 drivers drive the vehicles for 350-400 kms on different roads and this continues for many months to test the different parameters and possible defects in the vehicle. this has been told by an insider. maybe this is the reason for the delay.

so eventually what will you prefer? a vehicle now with lot of problems or a vehicle later but free from defects?

also my friend who supplies moulded plastic parts to mahindra for their cars told me that he has been harassed for two years by mahindra for the ingenio project. he supplies some components for the XYLO like the washer fluid tank and many others. mahindra told them that they wanted the best quality and no compromise. so my friend's company had to be ISO first and then every time his product was rejected claiming bad quality or poor design. finally after 2 yrs of strain, mahindra seems to have accepted their parts!
Old 18th November 2008, 12:42   #312
BHPian

Quote:
probably true, but i guess mahindra knows what its doing. suppose it launches the XYLO now without undergoing proper tests and the vehicle faces a lot of problems in the hands of the customer, they will lose their brand value and even sales of scorpio will plummet in that bargain!

mahindras extensively road test their vehicle before launching. everyday a team of 10 drivers drive the vehicles for 350-400 kms on different roads and this continues for many months to test the different parameters and possible defects in the vehicle. this has been told by an insider. maybe this is the reason for the delay.

so eventually what will you prefer? a vehicle now with lot of problems or a vehicle later but free from defects?

also my friend who supplies moulded plastic parts to mahindra for their cars told me that he has been harassed for two years by mahindra for the ingenio project. he supplies some components for the XYLO like the washer fluid tank and many others. mahindra told them that they wanted the best quality and no compromise. so my friend's company had to be ISO first and then every time his product was rejected claiming bad quality or poor design. finally after 2 yrs of strain, mahindra seems to have accepted their parts!

I was speaking more on a macro level my friend. You must be reading the newspapers these days. Its the beginning of tough times.

In simple words, if Mahindra was smart, they would have launched in the right time with the right quality. If they miss either part of these equation, its not easy...
Old 18th November 2008, 12:54   #313
BHPian

Quote:
I was speaking more on a macro level my friend. You must be reading the newspapers these days. Its the beginning of tough times.

In simple words, if Mahindra was smart, they would have launched in the right time with the right quality. If they miss either part of these equation, its not easy...
Keeping the launch of New Innova in mind, M&M must speed up the proceedings. If the criticality of the time to market factor is not realized well in time, M&M may end up loosing a number of customers.

Cheers!!!
Old 18th November 2008, 13:43   #314
BHPian

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I don’t think the Xylo would be as ugly as it is made out in the artist's impression. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I think the headlights would be a lot sleeker than what’s been shown in the impression. The impression just shows a blob of white, where the headlights normally would be – in between trying to ape the ones on the Scorpio. In the spy picture, if you check the way the lower part of the bonnet curls back into the fender (the portion where they have the yellow turn indicator on the spy model - a la SX4), that gives us an fair idea of its sleekness. I had seen a couple of Xylo spy shots with original headlights on other websites. The headlights, the shape of the A-pillar, even the rear view mirrors looked good. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Coming to the grille, the way it’s shaped in the impression,- the lower half of the grille is dark red and seems to be set out – the upper half is lighter shade of red and curved inside - gives it a certain snout. I don’t think car grilles work that way. It think it would be a straight forward grille a la the Scorpio. Probably bigger in size with pronounced slats. And definitely with that arc on the top part where the bonnet merges with the grille.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]As for the bonnet itself, the amount of camouflage should point to the fact that it would be would have highly stylized lines to merge itself with grille. Again the artist makes no use of shades, coloring to highlight this. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The vehicle doesn’t seem to have that old Mahindra trait – water gutters !!!!![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Can’t wait for the vehicle to be on the market.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 20th November 2008, 15:07   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
So M&M take your time but in that time let Xylo undergo a cosmetic surgery to beautify it's SNOUT!!!

Cheers!!!
Even Scorpio underwent cosmetic surgery before launch. The headlights and the surrounding area had to be redesigned which delayed the launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks