Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 15:19   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Even Scorpio underwent cosmetic surgery before launch. The headlights and the surrounding area had to be redesigned which delayed the launch.
IMO M&M auto surgeons are on with their knives. That's why the launch is taking such a long time. Lest the excessive nose surgery make her another MJ!!!

Cheers!!!
Old 20th November 2008, 17:12   #317
BHPian

Saw one of these in Chinchwad on my way back from work -- he stopped and took a u turn to a tyre shoppe to get wheel alignment done -- i took some snaps without his knowledge -- however the moment i tried to take a snap of the grille and front hood -- the driver ( not an employee -- mostly a localite) went wild and started shouting and abusing me -- i quitely crossed the road and came to my car -- he started pelting stones at my indigo from a distance of 15 feet from where he was standing as if i had commited a henious crime of taking snaps.

My personal opinion of the space-- this looks like a competition to Sumo Grande -- interior space is CRAMPED

P.S. All snaps from my cell phone

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic035.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic036.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic031.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic033.jpg
Old 20th November 2008, 17:17   #318
Senior - BHPian

good snaps buddy. the interiors look very pleasing and very curvy. but they should have used a different steering and not just the same scorpio one.
Old 20th November 2008, 17:33   #319
BHPian

Good work done KPBhatt!
For the first time we are able to see the interiors of Xylo, which are looking better. Are they introducing roof AC vents (something of that sort is visible over driver's seat)?

Cheers!!!
Old 20th November 2008, 18:14   #320
Senior - BHPian

nice interior pics.. best of all spy pics posted. these look like ready and final interior fittings. Mahindra aiming at Innova directly i feel but it still lacks the sophistication that Toyota has in interior department.
Old 20th November 2008, 18:33   #321
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work KPBhatt!
These are the best shots of interiors I have seen. Looks nice without doubt. The A/C vents are more of A-starish design, but nothing wrong. Any given day looks better than Scorpio interiors. Mahindra has really worked hard for this. But still its a notch below Innova that is a class apart. If Mahindra is targeting Innova, Mahindra will have to place this car lower than Innova.
If the space is cramped, then again, its bad. Mahindra had sufficient time to sort it out. Still we cant really comment on this factor. Was the car quick ?
One more thing is that it more looks like SUV, and those physical dimensions will affect its performance and handling and might not be better than Innova. Looks like competetion to Safari 2.2 and Grande sumo.
Any clue about the launch dates ?
This is a month of launches for me.
Old 20th November 2008, 18:36   #322
Team-BHP Support

So kpbhatt you got stoned in public.

Excellent pictures.
Watermark them before they are copied someone.
Old 20th November 2008, 18:45   #323

The A-shAPe AC vent seems to be very unnecessary..,
Seems that the Ingenio will be powered with the new Balero 2.5 CRDE Peugeot as well, this might be offered with the lower end variant. This engine is much lighter when compared to the 2.6 CRDE of the scorpio.
Old 20th November 2008, 21:01   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
-- however the moment i tried to take a snap of the grille and front hood -- the driver ( not an employee -- mostly a localite) went wild and started shouting and abusing me -- i quitely crossed the road and came to my car -- he started pelting stones at my indigo from a distance of 15 feet from where he was standing as if i had commited a henious crime of taking snaps.

My personal opinion of the space-- this looks like a competition to Sumo Grande -- interior space is CRAMPED
Pelting Stones ?? that is not a good way !! If he thinks his car is something that is not to be pictured.. he better test it on tracks.. that is not good.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:09   #325
Senior - BHPian

Good job kpbhatt, Risky too! :-)

When pics like these are getting taken and published, it is a nice publicity to the car before launch. Those companies should advice test drivers to not to behave cheap on the roads like this when they get pre-launch free publicity.

Mahindra guys note this, allowing motor enthusiasts to take such pictures should be a part of marketing techniques - Teach your test drivers.!!!

BTW, the dashboard looks awkward to me (too many, looks cheap plastics too). I hope it can only compete with Sumo grande, not with Innova. :-)

Last edited by agbenny : 20th November 2008 at 22:14.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:30   #326
BHPian

Mods -- please watermark the images with team bhp logos. also remove earlier unmarked images

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic031.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic033.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic035.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-pic036.jpg

Last edited by kpbhatt : 20th November 2008 at 22:49. Reason: uploading watermarked images
Old 21st November 2008, 08:16   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
he started pelting stones at my indigo from a distance of 15 feet from where he was standing as if i had commited a henious crime of taking snaps.
Good pictures kpBhatt. The interiors looks very good.

-- wind
Old 21st November 2008, 10:08   #328
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures . Good Work. If I was there , I would have thrown stones back at him for his unacceptable behaviour .
Old 21st November 2008, 10:37   #329
Senior - BHPian

kpbhatt, thank you for the snoop! You should have kicked the driver black and blue.How dare he throws stones on you/your car?
Please complain this to M&M in thier website. M&M is a responsible company and shall respond to it. If not, I shall take it up with them as a customer and use our contacts to get the message driven hard way in!!
Good pics. M&M's biggest drawback is their stupid design team which cant even copy properly.I have similiar complaints with them on my scorpios'.
The interiors have to be world class for any car in India. Gone are those days when the car manufacturers can sell four tyres clanked with some noise making engine spewing smoke without good seats, safety aspects and make monies out of us! Globalization in this aspect too has helped us -Indians!!
Old 21st November 2008, 12:20   #330
BHPian

Thank YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
...BTW, the dashboard looks awkward to me (too many, looks cheap plastics too). I hope it can only compete with Sumo grande, not with Innova. :-)
Thank YOU! I thought I was the only one here that found the dashboard a bit on the hideous side. Though I don't know which one is uglier, the dashboard or the front looks of the xylo in the rendered speculation.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks