Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 14:02   #541
Senior - BHPian

Whats wrong with my eyes?? I think the Xylo looks quite ok - in fact quite good. I mean - what is our reference here ? Sedans ? I dont think even Sedans these days are pleasing to look at ...so how much more do you think can be done with a MUV ?!!

@1100D- the rear end treatment u have posted looks neat !

I think the Xylo is a worthy alternative to many cars and of course the INNOVA

By the way - is the Xylo based on Scorpio ( ladder frame) or is it a monocoque ?
Old 13th January 2009, 14:03   #542
BHPian

I can't say it is ugly, but it doesn't worth all the cover ups Mahindra did. I think it is priced ok, huge let down as there is no ABS and Aribags (not even an option), even after having all those gadgets (parking sensor, trip computer etc)
There isn't much difference between E6 and E8 except E6 is only coming with 7 seats, and it does not have Alloys (but it got a Ski rack)
Old 13th January 2009, 14:04   #543
Senior - BHPian

I would love to wait for the 3rd or 4th version before I even think of owning one. The experience with "made in India" cars so far has been terrible. They use the Indian consumer as guineapigs and keep refining their vehicle every now and then. It's always a work in progress.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:06   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Coming to the looks, I recall not liking the Sumo Grande at all in the Launch photos, but the vehicle looks much better in the flesh than in the photographs that were used to represent it.
You think the Sumo Grande looks good in the flesh..er Metal???

Looks like the Xylo and Grande are quite similar, though. Both were designed by a committee, both are tall-boy designs, both look like evolutions of existing designs rather than brand new ground-up designs.

The Sumo's positives are space (good enough for 7 REAL people) and a more powerful engine. If the Xylo has the same amount of space then its a matter of who markets it better.

On the face of it, this is no competition for the Innova. It looks uglier, has a less powerful engine and will never match the fit, finish or reliability of a Toyota. Lets not even get into Service.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:06   #545
BHPian

Looks are subjective so can't really say if its ugly, but interior pics do look promising and did any one notice the huge leg space in 2/3 row? Man that looks like a perfect family MUV....errr CAR
Old 13th January 2009, 14:15   #546
Senior - BHPian

@Steeroid
"On the face of it, this is no competition for the Innova. It looks uglier, has a less powerful engine and will never match the fit, finish or reliability of a Toyota. Lets not even get into Service.[/quote]"

but Innova has 102bhp, 20.4 kgm against Xylo 112bhp, 24kgm

so how is the Xylo less powerful than Innova ?
Old 13th January 2009, 14:16   #547
BHPian

Seen the website and specs in details. No regrets for buying Mhawk. Even this is not offered in 4*4 and dont find anything except probably the door handles, 2 din audio and electrical adjustable ORVMs .
Old 13th January 2009, 14:17   #548
Senior - BHPian

Yuck !! I almost puked on seeing the pics. This gives competition to Pontiac Aztec in the "who is the ugliest car". And M&M claimed the era of sedans is over. Right.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:23   #549
Senior - BHPian

Browsed through the website. The interiors look very good. I think this would be a hit with the Taxi operators and the Hotels.

All the best, Mahindra.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:32   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
@Steeroid
"On the face of it, this is no competition for the Innova. It looks uglier, has a less powerful engine and will never match the fit, finish or reliability of a Toyota. Lets not even get into Service.
"

but Innova has 102bhp, 20.4 kgm against Xylo 112bhp, 24kgm

so how is the Xylo less powerful than Innova ?[/quote]

Maybe he got confused with the Petrol version of Innova
Old 13th January 2009, 14:42   #551
BHPian

I agree as well.. The interiors look very good..
Assuming that they rae up to the build quality of the cars in competition like Innova.

Lot of holes for different things, cup holders, and others..

The Display in the Music system could have been better to incorporate the parking Sensors..
The middle row A/c and the socket for Laptop etc is a great feature.

The last row AC vent is on the inner side, I think it would have been better off if it was near the window (outer side) so to provide cooling to the middle passenger as well.
Not sure how the feel of the Seat fabric would be, the look of it makes me think it could be scrubby and scratchy ( the design)

Overall I think it looks nice.

I like the Mint Green, Java Brown and Grey and Black combo in the colours..
Lilac and Shimer Gold is too much..
Old 13th January 2009, 15:00   #552

If a Zen Estilo can sell, This will sell in hordes!! PERIOD!! It is not as bad as it looks in the pictures. Its a pretty good package though.
Old 13th January 2009, 15:22   #553
BHPian

Attaboy Cyrus.. If this "van" has space, is comfortable and has decent mileage, it will sell.
Old 13th January 2009, 15:22   #554
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a question - are you saying the Innova looks better than this???

IMHO, the Xylo seems to have packed away quite a few small frills. Noticeably lacking are the ABS & Airbags but I'm not surprised because for some strange reason, these are way at the bottom of M&M's priority list, always!

This should do well as a people's mover. Don't expect high speed aerodynamics etc & you won't be disappointed.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it has Anup's favorite middle row food tray attached as well. LOL

Last edited by suman : 13th January 2009 at 15:38.
Old 13th January 2009, 15:23   #555
BHPian

A bunch of pics

Courtesy: ZigWheels

Use the Slide scroller to see the interiors. lot of chubby holes, and glass holders.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks