Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 15:23   #556
BHPian

Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

Check this out. Xylo is really loaded on features for the price.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo2.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo3.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo4.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo5.jpg  

Old 13th January 2009, 15:24   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-NewCar View Post

The last row AC vent is on the inner side, I think it would have been better off if it was near the window (outer side) so to provide cooling to the middle passenger as well.
I think the last row ac went is not in the the inner side.I think those two on the inner sides are roof lamp.Ac went is in similar position as in the middle row.
Old 13th January 2009, 15:26   #558
BHPian

The sedan crusher apparently does 1-60 in less than 6 secs.
Old 13th January 2009, 15:27   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a quick look at the pics, on Vicky.in . I must admit that the vehicle is designed to scare people enough to give way to it. A fog-horn is standard equipment I guess.

The dashboard - A spoof on R2D2 & C3PO ? Wonder what were they thinking when they designed those central A/c vents !
Old 13th January 2009, 15:30   #560
Team-BHP Support

More and more i look at the front grill, i feel the cartoon which OD had released was oh-so-right! The grill needs to be changed with better looking headlamps.
Old 13th January 2009, 15:31   #561
BHPian

It looks okay. Everything depend on the space, comfort and ofcourse milage
Old 13th January 2009, 15:36   #562
BHPian

Guys, what's the deal with the pink cup holders? pink glove compartment for that matter? Is my old pair (of eyes) playing tricks?
Old 13th January 2009, 15:43   #563
GTO
Team-BHP Support

WHOA, the front end looks totally Korean to me! A weird design without a doubt, but nor will any of its competitors win the beauty contest. The interiors look great; roomy, practical and totally un-Mahindra. In the autocar pictures, a healthy Shapur seems to fit pretty easily on the third row too.

Look, no people-moving van sells on its looks. Reliability, space, pricing & fuel efficiency will be the key elements that it's target market is looking for. Is this an Innova killer? No ways. The Innova's alround package is unbeatable (including reliability + service). Anyone who's able to stretch to the Innova will not even consider the Xylo. Let's not forget that the all-new gen Innova will be here in a handful of years. And, expectedly, it will be a leap ahead of the current Innova.

However, on first impressions, the Xylo will manage decent numbers. Why?

1. Consider the pricing:

Quote:
Base version E2 @ INR 6,24,500
E4 @ INR 6,69,500
That's not too bad vis a vis the Bolero. For 60 grand more, the typical Mahindra customer is getting a thoroughly modern product, a better engine, potentially better ride quality and most important : room! The Bolero is a cramped UV at best.

2. Distribution: Is there any doubt that Mahindras country-wide distribution - including their rural stronghold - is key to the Boleros success?
Old 13th January 2009, 15:55   #564
BHPian

Yulk, Yulk, Yulk...Thats all I can say from the exterior pictures.

The dashboard appears to score on the fit and finish front but aesthetics wise, it looks like some 10 year old designed it. Too many uncoordinated shapes....

Mahindra was building up the suspense all these months for THIS???

All of a sudden, Sumo Grande looks beautiful to me.

Will reserve further aesthetic comments until I see this creature in flesh.
Old 13th January 2009, 15:58   #565
Senior - BHPian

An angry Korean with a Daewoo grill.
Old 13th January 2009, 16:01   #566
BHPian

To be fair, the interior room looks to be good, and the seats look inviting. I'm going to take a TD when this comes to Kochi and then decide on the purchase. The price is pretty competitive. Maybe they'll bring in the M- Hawk later on with ABS and such frills. But I still can't digest the front look- makes me remember the first generation Santro
Old 13th January 2009, 16:05   #567
BHPian

Now Sumo Grande looks like Land Rover to me. Its such a beautiful machine suddenly after M&M's attempt to destroy all the sedans of the world by "this". Wow Ratan Tata must be laughing as I type this. The ugly Bolero tooth is deliberately put for it to look worse in case the head lights and the dash were not enough.
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img4.jpg
Old 13th January 2009, 16:09   #568
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I find the car interiors ok and better than what M&M has offered till now.
The engine going by their lineage should be good too.

The front end is very snobbish!! The front grill if replaced with a smile(read horizontal fins!) might do a better job!!
Good price to go with is the icing on the cake!!

I would be interested in the motorized ORVM kit of this to go onto my Scorp!!
Old 13th January 2009, 16:11   #569
BHPian

i am impressed for the right reasons!

Woah so much debate for a car! i dont think mahindra created any hype..they basically just did not reveal the car. (i think thats the reason they LAUNCH vehicles dont you think? .....MPV and looks is like comparing Jumbo jets with F-16 Raptors. I checked out the pictures on their website www.mahindraxylo.co.in(in the wall paper section) and saw the interiors too.. man i am a bit dissapointed on ABS but at 6 lacs it cudnt get better.. i have a hyundai accent and i am sure to get this as my second car..perfect family car.. cant stop imagining what i could do with that much space..if u use the 360 degree view on the website..it feels like you are flying kingfisher..i think because we werre expecting a raptor shaped jumbo jet we are a bit dissapointed.. but any sane person wont buy an MPV to show it off ..that wud be funny.. its giving power, comfort, space, technology at an unbeliveable price and a digestable design..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo_wallpaper_2.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo_wallpaper_4.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo_wallpaper_1.jpg  

Old 13th January 2009, 16:14   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

However, on first impressions, the Xylo will manage decent numbers. Why?

1. Consider the pricing:

That's not too bad vis a vis the Bolero. For 60 grand more, the typical Mahindra customer is getting a thoroughly modern product, a better engine, potentially better ride quality and most important : room! The Bolero is a cramped UV at best.

2. Distribution: Is there any doubt that Mahindras country-wide distribution - including their rural stronghold - is key to the Boleros success?
i dont think it would be right to draw comparisons with bolero . Whosoever is going to buy bolero will not even look at this MUV/MPV whatever.
Its a practical van whose market segment is going to be mainly taxi operators , tour operators quite unlike bolero's segment .
What is to be seen s the ride quality of this one.
Hope it is unlike all other Mahinra SUV AND UV's .
Even if it achieves Innova's 70% in terms of ride quality its great vehicle to be driven in.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks