Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 23:03   #616
Senior - BHPian

now after going through this thread, after hearing all the negatives about the xylo, i am sure its gonna be a super success!
Old 13th January 2009, 23:07   #617
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my photoshopped XLYO pics in this thread got deleted, so i ve re-posted them in the Photoshop thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1129147
Old 13th January 2009, 23:09   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Mahindra should have done away with that typical Scorpio grille in the first place.
Very true, the Grill seems to be out of place, overall I liked the masculine appearance. The outer bodyshell and the bumper appears to be tougher compared to Innova which is so easily dented in our congested traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Those fold out aircraft like tables are a nice touch.
I would say the fold-out tables would be a safety hazard and dangerous to the rear passenger during high speed/sudden braking, if that metal table protrudes like that behind the front seat.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:19   #619
Senior - BHPian

well im late i know but just saw the autocar preview on utvi... not a great looker but you cant call it downright ugly.. looks decent from the rear,Interiors are beautiful.. so is the equipment offered and finally power ORVM's!! mahindra should take the interiors + trip comp etc and ofcourse the electric orvms and put it in the scorpio as its their flagship model.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:41   #620
BHPian

Its looks notwithstanding, this people mover is surely going to be a winner atleast in the taxi market.

Pricing makes the Xylo compete with a segment which is a notch below the Innova. If all turns out well, Tavera, Bolero, Scorpio, Sumo Grande and lnnova sales will definitely be captured.
Old 13th January 2009, 23:47   #621
BHPian

I guess that with the release of Xylo, Innova will be able to shed its taxi image, as majority of the tour/taxi operators will be eying Xylo only, as its cheaper and powerful than the former. What do u think, guys?
Old 13th January 2009, 23:51   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Guys, what's the deal with the pink cup holders? pink glove compartment for that matter? Is my old pair (of eyes) playing tricks?
Interior snaps may be from the Lilac colour one, they call it Lucky Lilac
Old 13th January 2009, 23:56   #623
BHPian

On a different thread, there is discussion and speculation on when the facelifted Innova would be launched. Maybe, just maybe...Toyota were waiting for this; and now they will steal Mahindra's thunder by launching the facelifted version of the Innova soon. Let's hope so
Old 13th January 2009, 23:58   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
If all turns out well, Tavera, Bolero, Scorpio, Sumo Grande and lnnova sales will definitely be captured.
Errr... Sumo Grande has 'sales'?
Old 13th January 2009, 23:59   #625
Team-BHP Support

all i can say is no wonder the camouflaged it so heavily all this while. lol. im sure if they just re-do the grill and the headlights and get rid of those curves itll look pretty good.
Old 14th January 2009, 00:02   #626
Senior - BHPian

in india cars/vehicles dont sell by the way how they look....but how much they cost!

so i predict another winner from M&M. Xylo will go the same way Scorpio left sumo way behind.

Xylo will leave behind innova and will be a winner! (mark my famous words)

cheers:
Old 14th January 2009, 00:04   #627
Senior - BHPian

I'm invited to the North regional launch of the XYLO tomorrow. Let's see how the car looks in person & the whole hoopla about space etc. etc.
Old 14th January 2009, 00:12   #628
nbr
BHPian

Zig wheels not happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yeah big words and big awards dont cost much these days. Me, I'd save that money for a lifetime of darukhana visits.

I agree with you. if you have noticed, in all his other videos ,he says its the best one ever launched. We need to have more reviews regarding this MUV
Old 14th January 2009, 00:15   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
in india cars/vehicles dont sell by the way how they look....but how much they cost!

so i predict another winner from M&M. Xylo will go the same way Scorpio left sumo way behind.

Xylo will leave behind innova and will be a winner! (mark my famous words)

cheers:
Well, not quite..people want value for money and quality. Innova is a proven vehicle and great value for money.

I think it is highly unlikely that the Xylo can make a dent in the Innova market. What the Scorpio did to the Sumo, Xylo will probably not do to the Innova.
Scorpio was a better product than Sumo at the time and besides, TATA is not considered in the same league as Toyota. This time if Mahindra is to beat Toyota, they have to have a really superior product. We'll soon know
Old 14th January 2009, 00:19   #630
Senior - BHPian

i think the side profile and the masculine fender flares of Xylo are inspired by this Dodge Durango!

the scorpio tail lights also looks inspired by the tail lights of durango!

have a dekho.....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp dd2.bmp (900.1 KB, 620 views)
File Type: bmp dd3.bmp (792.7 KB, 1001 views)

Last edited by Parm : 14th January 2009 at 00:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed