Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 09:49   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks for pointing it out

Sumo Grande is priced very near to the base Scorpios and Scorpio with the non-crde engine should be of same rate as the Sumos.
scorpio non-crde is discontinued since long.

just checked the on-road price of the top end grande, it costs more than the Crde scorpio LX, ridiculous! no wonder it failed.

moving on to the Xylo, i feel grande is dead now, tavera's sales will come down drastically and even bolero sales might drop.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th January 2009 at 09:50.
Old 14th January 2009, 09:59   #647
Senior - BHPian

They have made a copy of Innova and raised the height at the back, so that the back seat guys can sit comfortably.

Think this is going to be for the cabbies, the worst designing done by the Mahindra engineers or a good work done to hide the copy cat(Innova design).
Old 14th January 2009, 10:13   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
A multi-purpose vehicle. Hmm. So they expect us to carry our whole family in a vehicle that does not support ABS or airbags. how many of us are willing to wager not just our lives but our family's too.
Why are we all going after Xylo, saying they haven't provided ABS & AIRBAGS like Innova....how many Innova V are here on this forum let's find out. I do agree that they should have given ABS & AIRBAGS at least in the top end E8, but we all shouldn't start bashing them like this.
Old 14th January 2009, 10:15   #649
Senior - BHPian

HT has an article on launch of the Xylo with a small table comparing it with the competition.

From the comparo, read the below as:

Xylo, Innova and Sumo Grande
Torque : 112bhp 102bhp 250bhp

Note these are not typo's.
Old 14th January 2009, 10:18   #650
Senior - BHPian

@ deep: i totally agree to what you say buddy. when airbags and ABS are offered on top-end variants and they charge a small premium for it, nobody is willing to buy it and most opt for low end models. compare the number of innova 'G' variant to the innova top-end 'V' variants on the road. see the number of swift VXi compared to swift Zxi.

but i agree that T-BHPians maybe safety conscious, even i am. for us, mahindra definetely has to offer ABS atleast!
Old 14th January 2009, 10:19   #651
BHPian

i dont like the front grill. it funny in a wierd way.

cabbies would be all over this.

say good bye tavera and innova. because by mahindra standards this will be cheap

its a dissapointment for me.
Old 14th January 2009, 10:33   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
HT has an article on launch of the Xylo with a small table comparing it with the competition.

From the comparo, read the below as:

Xylo, Innova and Sumo Grande
Torque : 112bhp 102bhp 250bhp

Note these are not typo's.
that is why no body buys Sumo Grande, what will one do with so much power
Old 14th January 2009, 10:35   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
...moving on to the Xylo, i feel grande is dead now, tavera's sales will come down drastically and even bolero sales might drop.
Pretty much summed up the effect correctly, I would say. That is, unless M&M does some major goof up.

Unless TATA redo the Grande, they are looking at dead stock! But fr the Bolera, I reckon they will still do their numbers slowly and steadily.
Old 14th January 2009, 10:36   #654
Team-BHP Support

A feature which no other car in the world has.

The central console LCD display shows a picture of your preferred god or godess. You can choose from a list and the central display shows that. Amazing. lol.

The central display also shows instantaneous mileage, distance to empty, inside/outside temp, outside humidity, gear information and compass.
Old 14th January 2009, 10:39   #655
BHPian

No offense to anybody, I have observed that the moment one of us starts banging any vehicle, without wasting anytime so many of us join the rail.
Someone on this thread writes "even a school kid can design a better vehicle"...guys, design is not just about the front grill or some other aesthetics...looks are definitely vital but let's be patient, until Xylo hits the road, give this infant a break!

Cheers!!!
Old 14th January 2009, 10:42   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
that is why no body buys Sumo Grande, what will one do with so much power
Too good salvation!!!
Old 14th January 2009, 10:49   #657
BHPian

Quite disappointed by the looks considering that it wouldn't have been so difficult to have cleaner lines on the front. The one thing I like is the pattern of the seat fabric. Finally M&M dropped the wierd floral pattern they use on the Scorpios.

Regarding ABS - the editor's review on zigwheels mentions that it will be available a couple of months after the launch.

Quote from - Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

"The Xylo employs 281mm dia disc brakes up front along with 282mm dia drums at the rear. At launch there will not be any versions with ABS but the company intends to have versions with this important safety device within a couple of months on the market."

Last edited by cypher : 14th January 2009 at 10:59.
Old 14th January 2009, 10:55   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Why are we all going after Xylo, saying they haven't provided ABS & AIRBAGS like Innova....how many Innova V are here on this forum let's find out. I do agree that they should have given ABS & AIRBAGS at least in the top end E8, but we all shouldn't start bashing them like this.
It doesn't matter how many Innova V's are on this forum - at least there is an option for the discerning buyer. And its high time all manufacturers start offering ABS & Airbags as an option on all MUVs/SUVs - at least ONE variant should have this.

Look at the other options being offered on the Xylo - why not the most important safety feature?
Old 14th January 2009, 11:02   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
It doesn't matter how many Innova V's are on this forum - at least there is an option for the discerning buyer. And its high time all manufacturers start offering ABS & Airbags as an option on all MUVs/SUVs - at least ONE variant should have this.

Look at the other options being offered on the Xylo - why not the most important safety feature?
Suman: I am having the same opinion too - " I do agree that they should have given ABS & AIRBAGS at least in the top end E8"
Safety is certainly utmost important in any vehicle no doubt about that.

I have read that M&M is having plans to launch Xylo with ABS & 4x4 in couple of months....
Old 14th January 2009, 11:05   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The central console LCD display shows a picture of your preferred god or godess. You can choose from a list and the central display shows that. Amazing. lol.
This is a great feature! LOL!
They have this instead of safety features like ABS. Great innovation, which even Toyota, Honda, BMW etc doesn't know and spending cost for saftly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks