Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 19:10   #706
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.. considering the compitition(innova) i dont think this one is that bad.. C'mon guys when Toyota can manage to come up with innova(how many of you felt innova was not ugly when you first saw).

Looking forward to see it on roads, may be as we see more and more(i am sure we will see alot of these as taxis) we will start liking it
Old 14th January 2009, 19:12   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
M&M don't know the difference between safety feature and security feature
immobilizer is a security feature, I don't know how it will help the safety of the occupants in the vehicle
Even after having all the gadgets, they are not offering ABS and Airbags, not even an option, where as Top end Innova has ABS and Airbags and standard
How many of us wants a gadget on the dash to understand, which gear the vehicle is
dont criticise for the heck of it buddy. almost all the manufacturers consider the immobilizer as a safety feature and not a 'security' feature.

have a look:

http://toyotabharat.com/inen/cars/innova/specs.asp

Verna : Feel It

Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Sonata Embera

you are comparing the Xylo with the top end innova for ABS and airbags, but dont forget there is a 3 lakh price difference between them. you cant compare a 800 and swift right?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th January 2009 at 19:20.
Old 14th January 2009, 19:29   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like the lov child of a Scorpio and a Tavera IMHO
...and the front grill says atleast one of the partners wasn't happy about it.

Old 14th January 2009, 19:34   #709
BHPian

For those seen the car physically please provide feed back on these:

1) With the last row seat in use, what is the available luggage space? Can all the luggage of the passengers (each an air bag )kept through the rear door??

2) Is the last row seat 60:40 split folding?

3) Is all Captain seat type seating is possible?
Old 14th January 2009, 19:36   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Hmmm.. considering the compitition(innova) i dont think this one is that bad.. C'mon guys when Toyota can manage to come up with innova(how many of you felt innova was not ugly when you first saw).

Looking forward to see it on roads, may be as we see more and more(i am sure we will see alot of these as taxis) we will start liking it
Are we being over critical because it is a desi product? I don't think Xylo is any worse than Innova when it comes to looks.

-- Wind
Old 14th January 2009, 19:38   #711
Senior - BHPian

also, everybody here is comparing the xylo with the innova. but given the price difference, i feel they are not even in the same segments. xylo is more competition to tavera/rhino/sumo/bolero rather than scorpio/safari/innova.

if i had 11 lakhs, i have the choice to go for a innova or xylo, but what if i have only 7 lakhs? then i simply cannot think about an innova. then xylo makes sense irrespective of the fact that it does not have ABS and airbags. c'mon guys, you cannot get EVERYTHING at that price.

i feel its very well priced and the interiors are the most practical i have seen for a long time. thats what matters to buyers in this segment.
now even if mahindra offers airbags and ABS for say 30 grands extra, i would like to see how many actually opt for it. (i am talking about the general indian customers, not T-BHPians!)
Old 14th January 2009, 19:43   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
also, everybody here is comparing the xylo with the innova. but given the price difference, i feel they are not even in the same segments. xylo is more competition to tavera/rhino/sumo/bolero rather than scorpio/safari/innova.
Innova is the class leading MUV. When an MUV which is supposed to be Innova-Killer, is launched, it is quite natural for people to compare with Innova.
Old 14th January 2009, 19:47   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Innova is the class leading MUV. When an MUV which is supposed to be Innova-Killer, is launched, it is quite natural for people to compare with Innova.
I agree to... Remember the phrase 'Innova killer' comes from Mahindra and not from us!
Old 14th January 2009, 20:55   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
For those seen the car physically please provide feed back on these:

1) With the last row seat in use, what is the available luggage space? Can all the luggage of the passengers (each an air bag )kept through the rear door??

2) Is the last row seat 60:40 split folding?

3) Is all Captain seat type seating is possible?
1. Luggage space is practically unusable, especially due to the concave build of the rear hatch which seams into the back. The rear space makes sense only with the rear row folded up, it's pretty decent then, say about 400 ltrs.
2. Yes it is.
3. Maybe you can adjust the seats once you buy the car.
I was looking for an option with luggage space and was advised to go in for a 7 seater with the bench row seat in the middle and explore the option of removing the rear captain seats for using as a dicky.
Regards
Old 14th January 2009, 21:01   #715
BHPian

what?

when did mahindra say anything about xylo being an Innova killer??? they wont state competition names dude! actually they did not do anything much apart from a teaser campaign and a microsite. It will take some innova share but the vehicle as rightly put by raj wont be aimed at innova when their positioning is sedan plus..and try to take market share of dezire, accent etc
Old 14th January 2009, 21:39   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpente View Post
when did mahindra say anything about xylo being an Innova killer??? they wont state competition names dude! actually they did not do anything much apart from a teaser campaign and a microsite. It will take some innova share but the vehicle as rightly put by raj wont be aimed at innova when their positioning is sedan plus..and try to take market share of dezire, accent etc
Dude... Search in google "Xylo enters market, targets sedan, Innova" (with the quotes).

The first article should be from LiveMint. Read it please and comment!
Old 14th January 2009, 21:42   #717
Senior - BHPian

M&M ad says xylo will cause the end of sedans. With this ugly looks ( front of Scorpio & side of Tavera ) if they think they can kill sedans, they need to think again. Or may be they meant Ambassadors, by sedan. Xylo may be very practical, but not much else.

Last edited by pgsagar : 14th January 2009 at 21:43.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:44   #718
BHPian

All who are comparing Xylo with Innova should understand that M&M has gone through a great deal to bring out this platform. The first vehicle to be based on this platform is the Xylo.May be the looks are not exactly what was expected, but the M&M reliability factor, pricing, great interiors will make it a hit atleast in the taxi sector. It might not be considered in the premium MUV status that Toyota Innova enjoys.But, think about the possibilities of vehicles M&M can bring on this platform.Toyota created a single platform and its much praised HILUX trucks,Innova, fortuner all are based on the same platform.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:46   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
M&M ad says xylo will cause the end of sedans. With this ugly looks ( front of Scorpio & side of Tavera ) if they think they can kill sedans, they need to think again. Or may be they meant Ambassadors, by sedan. Xylo may be very practical, but not much else.
I actually think the Xylo is not too bad. Its a good proposition.

But all the sales hype of crushing sedans etc over-promised to disappoint.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:51   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
M&M ad says xylo will cause the end of sedans. With this ugly looks ( front of Scorpio & side of Tavera ) if they think they can kill sedans, they need to think again. Or may be they meant Ambassadors, by sedan.
may be LOGAN
or logan is anyway dead even before xylo's birth

Last edited by drkunaldas : 14th January 2009 at 21:53. Reason: prevent 2nd post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks