Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 18:04   #766
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Demo car today on way to office. Looks bigger than Tavera etc but i still maintain the looks are ugly - specially the back!
Old 15th January 2009, 18:32   #767
BHPian

I had high hopes on the XYLO...

Innova A little too expensive for my current budget..
XYLO.. Let me down....
NHC 9.46 2 months waiting and no Alloys...

So I am left with nothing but SX4 8.25 OTR Delivery in 20 days.

Ash!!!!!!!!
Old 15th January 2009, 18:44   #768
Senior - BHPian

Excellent first view review sam, I would try my hand tomorrow during my visit to the dealer to pick up my car. He wanted to deliver it to my office, I said I would come over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Visited Sri Durga Automobiles here in North Delhi. They were having there own launching ceremony going around with some dancers in front of Xylo.
A. First Impression
a. Doesn’t look that bad (I mean Xylo not dancers) from exterior.
b. Fit and finish is well above M&M Standard.
B. Interiors
a. I saw Red color, so they have brownish interiors.
b. Door opening knobs feels like after market fitting.
c. A/c went on roof feels to be very delicate. I feel it will gona break soon if you are having kids.
d. Seats are flooded with extra padding to get extra bounce and comfort. But not sure will they were proved to be comfortable during long journey.
e. Plastic doesn’t look that cheap in this color, but finish is missing for each and every part. They tried hard to make it better than earlier products but not full marks to then yet. Still they have to go long way.
f. Single 3rd row seat will ate all storage option for you. As you get split seats in Innova which you can adjust as per your requirement. So if you going on wedding with family its fine, but outdoors you need roof carrier, no other choice. As Told by Sales person.
g. Folding and un-folding seats in not as smooth as it has to be. Take care of your foot.
h. Armrest of driver seats blocks way to seat belt hook and creates problem while using gear knob. So I have to keep it backward.
i. Didn’t checked A/C, so no comment.
j. ICE is fine as far as stock is concerned, it does support USB.
k. Doesn’t like fabric at all, looks odd to me.
C. Ride
a. Suspensions are a bit stiff, if you drive slow on rough patches your seats will take that heat and give you comfort ride. But in general its bumpy ride.
b. Acceleration is bit slow, doesn’t proved to 112bhp machine.
c. Cabin is not noise proof, you can still hear engine noise. Heard extra acceleration noise from engine while running at 30 km/hr speed.
d. Felt heavier then Innova while driving, doesn’t felt like MUV or sedan whatever M&M is calling it.
e. Unable to do hard testing due to short TD, as big Q is waiting behind me.
D. Overall
a. Good package for those who don’t pay much attention on interiors and can avoid it.
b. Seats are comfortable for short run, need to get reports for long drive.
c. ICE is good for stock.
d. 2 Lakhs cheaper then Innova G4 and you get Top End E8 model here in Delhi. Rs 8,53,000/- on road in Delhi with extended warranty.

Didn’t took any pics due to heavy rush around Dancers not Xylo
Old 15th January 2009, 22:06   #769
BHPian

M&M Xylo

Mahindra & Mahindra has finally launched their Innova-killer - the Xylo. Codenamed Project Ingenio in the initial phases of its development, the Xylo is available in four variants and a host of attractive colours. The MPV is Mahindra's attempt at providing Indian masses with a great Indian travelling machine and judging by the result, they've done a pretty good job of it. Powered by a 2.5 litre CRDe engine which is a downsized version of the Scorpio SUV's 2.6 litre powerplant, the Xylo is well set up both in the engine department as well as in its suspension duties.

While the car may not be extremely attractive on the outside (to most eyes), it packs in a host of valuable features that set it apart from the rest of its competition. And like our Editor says - the Xylo kills not only its immediate competition, but some sedans and hatchbacks as well! Revel in the imagery captured by ZigWheels' resident shutterbug Kunal Khadse as he brings you the Mahindra Xylo in all its glory - on the outside and from the inside as well!

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img2.jpg
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img4.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img7.jpg
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img11.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img9.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img20.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img19.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img17.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-img18.jpg

Source:zigwheels.com
Old 15th January 2009, 23:14   #770
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Plastic quality of central console, door handles etc. are quite poor. More comparable to the Qualis than the Innova.
I don't really agree about the quality of plastics and interiors of the Innova. For the kind of money that Toyota asks, the interiors are at best pedestrian
Old 15th January 2009, 23:14   #771
BHPian

Well Mahindra has finally done the impossible.

Design a vehicle that is at least 10 times uglier than the Sumo Grande! That takes some doing.
Old 15th January 2009, 23:20   #772
BHPian

the interior of the car looks cheap special the plastic used. innova interior quality are much better.
Old 16th January 2009, 00:16   #773

I think everyone is being way to critical of the M&M guys.,..XYLO's head on look is horrible (i think they will re-do the front within a few months , one must remember the way they kept updating the SCORPIO).,,apart from that it cant find any chink in its Armour..An important quote from the XYLO launch Press confrence . “The product development process has improved significantly in the last six and a half years. We hadn’t got everything right the first time when we launched Scorpio. We have got everything right in Xylo the first time”said Mr Pawan Goenka, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra (SOURCE: THE HINDU)..,,
If we look features wise the base model of XYLO is about 1.7 lacks cheaper than the Innova model with the same features...now this the kind of value for money is not offered in any car in the Indian market..Another important point is As far quality levels go again XYLO is right up there, actually M&M have cut down on their profit margin by about 8-10 %.., xylo is supposed to be a mass selling vehicle..
Old 16th January 2009, 00:38   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do you mean first car or only car? If it is the latter, I fail to understand the logic with sales numbers.
I meant *only car*. There are several folks who can afford both sedan and MUV but prefer sedan over MUV (as their only car) for several reasons. When I talked about sales numbers, I was hinting at comparing Innova sales to sedan sales, ofcourse after factoring for Innova sales in taxi segment since we are talking about cars for personal use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
same here hondadude! a lot of people on this forum has innova as their only car/MUV.
It is a relative game. Compare that to number of people who have sedans as their only car as opposed to Innova.
Old 16th January 2009, 04:19   #775
BHPian

I love the back, but front esp the grill, YUCK. They could have made it uglier, even the side view is pathetic.

However the interiors do look good, if Qualis could sell so many, i guess Xylo wont face any problems other than that there are more competitors, with TATA also set to join with its Indicruz. God knows hws it going to turn out.
Old 16th January 2009, 04:29   #776
Senior - BHPian

The back end is straight lift from the old Mitsubishi
Challenger/Monterosport/Navita.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:24   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-NewCar View Post
I had high hopes on the XYLO...

Innova A little too expensive for my current budget..
XYLO.. Let me down....
NHC 9.46 2 months waiting and no Alloys...

So I am left with nothing but SX4 8.25 OTR Delivery in 20 days.

Ash!!!!!!!!

Why not Linea its 5.9L Base (Active) Petrol to 7.00 L (Top) Emotion Petrol will save you lot of money while delivering the class
Old 16th January 2009, 10:48   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
the interior of the car looks cheap special the plastic used. innova interior quality are much better.
thats the reason toyota charges 2 lakhs more.
Old 16th January 2009, 11:24   #779
Senior - BHPian

A quick look at the Grande & Xylo's rear end and front view:

Both the cars look good in darker shades and I feel, if they both visit the dentists, they'll look even nice. I love the Grande in Green and also started liking the Xylo in this maroon.

I feel the vehicle would start growing on to people's mind. And soon. That's the key reason why probably Mahindra's havent changed the grill design.

With regards to the rear end, Grande wins hands down! It looks so much in proportion suddenly. I feel that the Xylo's rear end is a ripoff of the Sandero Steppe version. Have a look!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-dsc2760dp1.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-2009011451130201.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-tata_sumo_grande_back.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo-back.jpg  

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-renaultsanderostepway2009_2000x1550.jpg  

Last edited by amtak : 16th January 2009 at 11:26.
Old 16th January 2009, 11:27   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Guys, i modded the Xylo once again, and this time the results are mind blowing! Doesnt look to be a very difficult mod to implement in practice. Check it out here:

Modded_Mahindra_Xylo
Isn't that the Laura Grill? Looks good. I feel you should Mod a Xylo which is parked in bright sunlight. The "light" aspect is missing in these pics.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed