Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 16:08   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Here is a high resolution pic of face lifted(photoshopped) xylo :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1132870-post1209.html

BBS: That is simply stunning!!! Please Do send these pics to M&M!!!

Guess its high time I should come and get trained in photoshop from you!!!
Old 16th January 2009, 16:10   #797
BHPian

Send this to Anand Mahindra, if they could have launched this. Then it might proved as a big head turner.

Great Job though
Old 16th January 2009, 16:29   #798
BHPian

The more I see these PS of XYLOs, I tend to think it is one of the best looking SUV/MUVs currently available in the Indian market today. No reason to not buy one now.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:40   #799
Senior - BHPian

@Cypher, BBS - good show - the XYLO fundamentally seems to be a decent design but for that yucky M&M grille - which is on its way to become a "phamily grill ". next in line could be the facelifted LOGAN with that ugly front end !!
Old 16th January 2009, 17:45   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
The more I see these PS of XYLOs, I tend to think it is one of the best looking SUV/MUVs currently available in the Indian market today. No reason to not buy one now.
the PS job by badboyscad is wonderful! Great going, BBS!
Old 16th January 2009, 17:59   #801
BHPian

Xylo test drive

Hi friends,

Took a test drive of Mahindra Xylo today.

First of all regarding the exteriors and interiors.Xylo looks much much better in flesh.It was an ugly looking vehicle for me when i saw the pics but in real it is not so bad.The display vehicle was of mint green color with black interiors,E8 version.It was not that easy to get into Xylo for older people when compared with Innova.Inside it is very spacious with very good legroom(front and the middle row).I didnt check the legroom at the back though.The seats are also well cushioned with armrests.The plastic quality inside is not up to the mark,especially that of the door handles, bottle holder etc in the centre console and in the rear seats.The 2 din HU is not that great but it is neatly integrated to the centre console and is easy to operate for the driver.The switches and knobs I felt were of better quality but overall finish is no where near Innova, but i felt the seats were much more comfortable than the innova.Even the keyless entry remote was also of cheap quality material.

I got a Lucky lilac color Xylo for the test drive.This color was much better than the mint green which was on display.There was swinging movement when the car was started.But inside it was silent at idle.i just placed my hand on the gear lever and their was a slight vibration so that was the confirmation for me that the engine is started.but when i pressed the accelerator the engine started crying and it was very much audible inside the cabin.So refinement also is poor.Gear shifting is again not that great with long throws.During the drive the engine noise was heard and it means the cabin is not insulated well.The engine pulls well but it roars and pull.But again i felt Innova had better pick up and a refined engine compared to Xylo eventhough Xylo have better bhp and torque.Took the ORR and the road was empty,pressed the gas and Xylo responded with a little laziness,speedo read 100,saw a speed breaker 100 mts away and wanted to slow down,pressed the brake,Oh my GOD this Xylo dont like to stop.My heart was in my mouth for a moment.Xylo was swinging like a boat during a high tide.Braking is poor and no body control too during braking.It always wanted to swing

Now regarding the ride.My Dad was happy with the interiors initially and was praising the comfort and the ride when the car was moving at around 30-40km/hr initially.When the car started moving faster he started cursing this vehicle. Interior comfort is good but the ride quality is not that great.

I dont want to talk anything about the VFM factor.I would prefer Innova anyday eventhough Xylo is much cheaper than Innova.It is priced at 9.27 on road for the E8 vesion and 8.88 on road for E6.

One thing is very clear that why Mahindra dont what to compare Xylo with Innova,because it is nowhere near Innova and i dont want to compare the Xylo with any sedan because it is meaning less to compare a MUV with a sedan.

Xylo is similar to a boat.It always swings.It swings during starting,running and during braking(braking time swing is the best).It always like to swing.Overall a thumps down for Xylo.

Friends,sorry for the long post,really expected a better vehicle from M&M.

Cheers.

Last edited by stable rock : 16th January 2009 at 18:06.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:00   #802
BHPian

gr8 PS job by Badboyscad !
Old 16th January 2009, 18:07   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
A quick look at the Grande & Xylo's rear end and front view:
i feel the grande has a better front while the xylo has a better rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Hi friends,

Took a test drive of Mahindra Xylo today.

Friends,sorry for the long post,really expected a better vehicle from M&M.

Cheers.
sad to see that the xylo is not living upto the customers's expectations. nobody is giving it positive reviews. very soon, i will go for a TD myself, not that i want to own one, just for the heck of it!
Old 16th January 2009, 18:10   #804
Senior - BHPian

Whatever you say, Taxi guys must be drooling []

They have a cheaper version of luxury cab(instead of innova)

Swinging ? those who sit in the Tata Sumo taxi, would not mind this either isnt it

I feel Xylo will make a great taxi, since i havent personally seen it and driven it, i cant comment on the usability of this as a family car(we really dont have much options in this segment ..family UV)
Old 16th January 2009, 18:21   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
...Took a test drive of Mahindra Xylo today....

Xylo is similar to a boat.It always swings.It swings during starting,running and during braking(braking time swing is the best).It always like to swing.Overall a thumps down for Xylo...
Rock-a-bye baby on the tree top... when the wind blows....

Did not expect it to be this bad. Would wait for few more review. Anyway, thanks StableRock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Whatever you say, Taxi guys must be drooling []
I feel Xylo will make a great taxi ...
Yeah; guess we will have 'Xylo sickness' from now on, apart from 'Sea sickness'. And the scenario will be - vehicle stop, person get down, vomit, wipe mouth, enter home.....

Guess I am over doing it here, even without seeing one in real flesh! Sorry!
Old 16th January 2009, 18:27   #806
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I meant *only car*. There are several folks who can afford both sedan and MUV but prefer sedan over MUV (as their only car) for several reasons. When I talked about sales numbers, I was hinting at comparing Innova sales to sedan sales
One really can't make such an assumption from the sales figures alone. For one, the Innova is very expensive for well-equipped models (double that of a 5 lakh sedan). Second, no one would buy the Innova as their first car...10 lakhs is too high an amount to begin with. Lastly, most people who have an Innova probably have a large family. And one who spends 10 lakhs on an Innova would have the financial capability to buy a smaller / cheaper car for the rest.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:40   #807
BHPian

Poor sales executive

The reason for swinging action and poor braking etc according to the sales guy was because the PDI of the test drive vehicle was not done yet. He told PDI will be completed by Monday and he will arrange another drive for me.It is very clear that there was nothing to do with the PDI for Xylo's behaviour.

According to the sales guy ABS and Airbag is not at all necessary.Another shocker for me.He also told me that it is very difficult to take the car above 80+ km/hr in the Highways we have,so ABS is not at all necessary for cars according to him.I think he never had seen or heard about the GQ roads we have.Poor knowledge for the sales guy .

He also told me that only black interiors are available for Xylo.According to him the beige interiors with wooden type console is only made for the ad purpose.Is it true? i saw three colors, Mint green,Lilac(both E8) and maroon(E6).All 3 had black interiors.So what about the beige one shown in the Zigwheel pics?

Last edited by stable rock : 16th January 2009 at 18:55.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:00   #808
BHPian

Its available in Red color E8 Model.

Sales guys are pathetic in M&M, no knowledge of anything. When I ask where the luggage will go for 8 people. He said if you need luggage space etc, then you must go for sedan, we made this vehicle specially if you want to go out for short distance like 7-8 people want to go for shopping locally you can use this Xylo.
When I ask for Engine, he says its completely new Engine made my Mahindra.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:09   #809
BHPian

@stable rock.. i agree to most part of your review but sorry to differ on swinging and braking.. ther must be a problem with the vehicle you wer driving.. cuz i rode it.. an all i can say is its a beauty.. the turning radius is amzingly small for such a big car..now pls note i am not comparing it with innova or a jetta but this makes a great city vehicle! i found it less swinging than our good ol scorpio and the braking was pretty powerful! and as far as i hve read reviews and user TD reviews everyone seems to be damn happy bout the car.. i think we t-bhpians hve set our mind to thinking negative about this car.. most people who hve experienced the vehicle including all car experts hve given a thumbs up to the vehicle.. stablerock.. i think the car u rode had an issue.. cheerio!
Old 16th January 2009, 20:40   #810
BHPian

The Xylo factor - Review from business standard.

It has got a good review from Bijoy Kumar of Business Standard

The Xylo factor

-- Wind
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks