Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 08:57   #871
Senior - BHPian

My reply in BOLD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs View Post
OK! I have booked the Xylo (E8) last week (25th Jan) after 7 TD's by me, wifey and few colleagues. Waiting period is 6 weeks. Promised delivery date is before 15th March.

congrats on the purchase abs. its a great MUV at that price, irrespective of whatever bashing it has received on this forum.

Some of the considerations I had in mind after obsessively excessive research are,

I have a big family - both parents, 2 kids and 1 wifey.
I had done enough TD's of Innova for the last 1.5 years and have also considered the new Innova for and its current OTR price and decided its slightly out of my budget range.
Amazing 3rd seat space (I am a 6 footer).

yes, the space in the 3rd row beats innova!

People have complained about braking. etc. etc.
My previous car was a premier padmini and my current is a 1993 model 96kkm old M800. So any current car is better than these two..
Don't want to wait for the E10 with ABS and Airbags.

braking is good and car comes to halt in a straight line, but it can improve a lot with ABS.

I am not too happy with any of the exterior/interior combinations, Have opted 1st choice - Mint Green and 2nd choice - Shimmer Gold.
Black is a big No No for Chennai weather.
Java brown and Lucky Lilliac was not very attractive either.

i would go for the mint green in this case.

Anything with a beige interior is dirtying prone when you have 2 very hyperactive kids. So I have to choose one with black interior, though I like beige interior as I feel that it will make the car appear roomier and brighter. What are your opinion on the car interior colors?

beige is a better idea. it is not that tough to maintain.

One colleague was dead against Mint green saying that it will be difficult to sell odd colored cars. Though I intend keeping the car for quite some time, I am curious to hear what you folks think of the odd colored cars, while buying used cars?

nothing like that! infact many may chose your car over another xylo for the colour itself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post

Didn't you shortlist Silver color. looks good and easy to maintain.
i dont think there is a silver colour available.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:23   #872
Senior - BHPian

Pals,

I have seen the car and did a 40km TD of XYLO(while I was waiting for my mHawk to finish its 2nd servicing).

The car is good to drive and has lots of road visibility, good ac, relatively nice interiors and is a true VFM product.

Bashing any product for us is being a critic always! but the other side also is good to view!!
Old 5th February 2009, 12:48   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Looks like Xylo going to be a winner. 1700+ already sold, 4000+ booking. It is great news for M&M when the economy is going down. After all it is a VFM package with their track record on reliability, there is no reason for it to fail

The Hindu Business Line : Mahindra sells 1,788 Xylo units in 2 weeks

1,788 Mahindra XYLOs sold in 2 weeks; Bookings cross 4,000 mark | Indian Autos blog

The Scorpio is down to 1300 from 3000 nos in a month ..... so you can guess from where the 1700 sale has come from
Old 5th February 2009, 16:13   #874
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs View Post
OK! I have booked the Xylo (E8) last week (25th Jan) after 7 TD's by me, wifey and few colleagues. Waiting period is 6 weeks. Promised delivery date is before 15th March.

Applied for loan from SBI after extensive research and info in the thread on Team BHP on getting the best EMI. Will pressure for quicker delivery after the loan gets processed.

Some of the considerations I had in mind after obsessively excessive research are,

I have a big family - both parents, 2 kids and 1 wifey.
Some unconscious Freudian slip

I had done enough TD's of Innova for the last 1.5 years and have also considered the new Innova for and its current OTR price and decided its slightly out of my budget range.
Amazing 3rd seat space (I am a 6 footer).
People have complained about braking. etc. etc.
My previous car was a premier padmini and my current is a 1993 model 96kkm old M800. So any current car is better than these two..
Don't want to wait for the E10 with ABS and Airbags.

When is E10 coming BTW ?

I am not too happy with any of the exterior/interior combinations, Have opted 1st choice - Mint Green and 2nd choice - Shimmer Gold.
Black is a big No No for Chennai weather.
Java brown and Lucky Lilliac was not very attractive either.
Anything with a beige interior is dirtying prone when you have 2 very hyperactive kids. So I have to choose one with black interior, though I like beige interior as I feel that it will make the car appear roomier and brighter. What are your opinion on the car interior colors?

Grey /Black is always better and classy beige is a passing fad , Just imagine how tacky beige will look with Chennai red dirt stuck on it.

Did any one who did a TD notice that the interiors pictures shown http://www.mahindraxylo.co.in/view_gallery.htm and what we saw in flesh and blood were quite different or is it photoshopped. The images appeared to be of nice quality leather, but that is not even listed as an accessory in the website.

Interiors and exteriors both are photoshopped , You do not get that kind of finish. This is true for all brands

One colleague was dead against Mint green saying that it will be difficult to sell odd colored cars. Though I intend keeping the car for quite some time, I am curious to hear what you folks think of the odd colored cars, while buying used cars?
Color is personal choice but some colors really reduce resale value ,
Example Pink of Estello or Green of early Santro or that Red or tacky yellow of Scorpio Sports edition.
From Scorpio you can make out that except black Mahindra discontinue colors every few months.
In fact if the scorpio is not Black you can identify approx period of manufacture by color.

Example
Electric Blue , Militry Green , Red , Yellow , Copper , Silver etc were offered and discontinued.

Last edited by amitk26 : 5th February 2009 at 16:18.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:31   #875
Senior - BHPian

My rendition of what Mahindra should have done to make the silhouette more symmetrical. They simply had to complete the front bumper and color code the side step lower portion
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-xylo.jpg  

Last edited by canonball : 5th February 2009 at 17:36.
Old 5th February 2009, 19:02   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats should be one badly maintained vehicle.

Its best feature is the OTR price.

i agree with das

OMG the mahandria had done a blunder , Yuck a peice of Box with a steering and some seats and some plastic stuffs , This is where we can say about build quality , mahindra scores 0 marks in build quality , I was egarly waiting to see a good competitor for innova , this proves that innova is in an another class , it can be a competitor to rhino, tavera , the loccally made kasva

but you know the driving pleasure in the american tavera is much better , when our indian loco builders are gonna achive the build quality parameters?
Old 9th February 2009, 12:00   #877
BHPian

Looks like a hybrid between a scorpio and an some wierd looking MPV.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:15   #878

XYLO-Bashing - Need some facts

Hello
I have posted a rather inexpert rant about the Xylo, Indian product design and SUVs in general on my blog:
SUVicide by design what to think?!

I need your advice on a few industry details, viz:
1. What is the extent/history of TATAs collaboration with mercedes benz?
2. On what grounds is GM pursuing legal action against Mahindra?

Thanks for all your help
Amitabh
Old 11th February 2009, 22:11   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Pals,

I have seen the car and did a 40km TD of XYLO(while I was waiting for my mHawk to finish its 2nd servicing).
40 km of TDing. That's hell of a lot. There are still some nice people around in these times, eh? We heard TBHPian being asked to make a U turn and headback in 2 kms or under in a Linea.

BH.
Old 12th February 2009, 00:15   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
My rendition of what Mahindra should have done to make the silhouette more symmetrical. They simply had to complete the front bumper and color code the side step lower portion
I think they have considered the typical Indian road and kept more GC.
Old 12th February 2009, 10:54   #881
Senior - BHPian

@burningheart(Hmmm your name reminds me of TUMS in US) doing a TD for 2 km or so does not give any sense. So I waited and told M&M that I would need to drive atleast 30km on different stretches which they agreed considering my lineage with them!!
Old 14th February 2009, 12:34   #882
Senior - BHPian

Dear getsurya, Way to go, here In Mumbai we hardly get more the 5 kms of test drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
@burningheart(Hmmm your name reminds me of TUMS in US) doing a TD for 2 km or so does not give any sense. So I waited and told M&M that I would need to drive atleast 30km on different stretches which they agreed considering my lineage with them!!
Old 15th February 2009, 18:50   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i dont think there is a silver colour available.
Mist silver is a colour available in Xylo. At least that is what the xylo site shows -
:: Welcome to Mahindra Xylo co.in ::
Old 17th February 2009, 12:12   #884
BHPian

Autos Maxabout claims there is an Automatic Xylo on the cards in May 2009.

Mahindra Xylo Automatic Review, Mahindra Xylo Automatic Price Quote , Finance Mahindra Xylo Automatic, Comparison, Insurance - Automotive at MaxAbout.com

Is it to be believed? Do we know anything about an Automatic in Xylo?
Old 19th February 2009, 19:55   #885
BHPian

XYLO price increase?

Dropped by my local M&M dealer today to see a Xylo. They didn't have one on display - it has been "will get one in the next 3 or 4 days" for the past 20 days. Anyway, I wanted the pricing and the sales lady said that they got newer prices today and that the E6 will be 40 to 50K costlier on-road

I didn't believe her and asked the manager and he confirmed it. The old ex-showroom price of the E6 was Rs 7,29,200/- and the new one is close to Rs 7.65 L. He said he is yet to get the exact details. And he also said that M&M has asked them to not accept any more bookings until the new prices are confirmed.

Can anyone on Team-BHP please verify with your local dealer?

Thanks
Teja
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks