Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 11:58   #31
Team-BHP Support

A good find there, doctor.
I agree with the others, as it does look like an Ingenio to me, as well.
I feel this would provide competition to the Innova in the people mover segment.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:06   #32
BHPian

Hey guys..saw the same kind of car fully under those wraps exitting out of a factory gate near Adugodi junction and the bannerghetta road. I thought it looked like an innova going by the shape and the headlamps that were the only thing visible . This was a couple of weeks back while i was on my way to office ..Gotto check out what the factory was on my way back from office..
Old 31st March 2008, 12:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1 View Post
well a friend of mine who works in mahindra told me that thre ingenio will be launched with 2.2 ltr m-hawk engine. i think the car must be having better aerodynamics [than scorpio] coupled with the punchy diesel engine making it go to 160km/h .
Man_1

Ask your friend when is it going to be launched, I tried the Sumo Grande and was not impressed at all by its built quality.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:31   #34
BHPian

dashboard pics reveal this particular vehicle non-equipped with passenger side airbag (atleast). hope it comes with all bells and whistles for safety. anyways nice find
Old 31st March 2008, 13:06   #35
BHPian

Great find !!! Hope this makes to the market soon !!! I think the overall stance is better than the Scorpio.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Hey guys..saw the same kind of car fully under those wraps exitting out of a factory gate near Adugodi junction and the bannerghetta road. I thought it looked like an innova going by the shape and the headlamps that were the only thing visible . This was a couple of weeks back while i was on my way to office ..Gotto check out what the factory was on my way back from office..
Adugodi junction? Isnt that where Bosch is?
Old 1st April 2008, 10:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil3456 View Post
Adugodi junction? Isnt that where Bosch is?
its on the road when u come from forum and take a left at adugodi junction to hit the bannerghetta road. The factory occupies almost the entire stretch of road on the right. Peculiar thing is i didnt notice any board to indicate what the factory is but the notice on the gate said, vehicles entering the premises need to have emission certificates. Wonder what its all about. Anybody from bangalore knows what the factory is ?

Last edited by Rotorhead : 1st April 2008 at 10:23.
Old 1st April 2008, 10:31   #38
BHPian

It is the Mico/Bosch factory which you are referring to; the gate is mostly used for entry of staff.
Old 1st April 2008, 10:49   #39
BHPian

You can probably catch an Ingenio on the Mumbai - Pune expressway each time you go on a trip. of course it is fully camouflaged and covered in black white check prints.

During my last 4 trips on weekends to Pune, each time I saw Ingenio. It comfortably does 120+ speeds. Last time, the over enthusiastic driver overtook me( Verna) and when I was tailing it, he tried to speed away. Of course that was not to be done and I soon saw it fading away in the rear view mirror. It is another boring MUV (IMO).
Old 1st April 2008, 10:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Anyways looks like a new find.Lets hope it has all the features and a good shape so that its a hit instantaneously,a good fight for grande.
ram
It has rear foot steps... possible direct access to 3rd row (which seems to be front facing!).... yippeee... just what i want.

seems longer than Scorpio/ Safari and Shorter than innova... overall the shap looks promising.

Last edited by druva : 1st April 2008 at 10:57.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Well great scoop doc. Good pics. I only hope to see it without the camoflage soon
Old 1st April 2008, 11:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
It is the Mico/Bosch factory which you are referring to; the gate is mostly used for entry of staff.
yeah probably, i guess that explains why that vehicle was exitting that factory. AFAIK Bosch supplies major Common rail components such as fuel injectors and common rail pumps etc for MM .So it has to be the MM ingenio that i saw the other day and the innova kindof look that i mentioned earlier confirms the same.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

The one peculiarity which can be noticed is the proportions of the vehicle.It is long lower and the glass area is also low.
Good one though and maybe an immediate launch since the grande is already out on the streets.
ram
Old 1st April 2008, 19:18   #44

nice pics.

It is Ingenio. I have seen MH 15 TC 500 in Mumbai with same dimension having Scorpio steering wheel and Mahindra & Mahindra logo on it.

Note from Support Staff: Please do not post with Font & Color Tags
Old 4th April 2008, 16:18   #45
BHPian

M&M's new utility vehicle to cost Rs 4-5 lakh

Here's an exerpt from an article in today's Business standard mentioning possible launch date and pricing:

Quote:
M&M's new utility vehicle to cost Rs 4-5 lakh
M&M plans to roll out a five-seater mass-market utility vehicle (UV) next year, priced between Rs 4-5
lakh. The new mass market UV, which has been developed at a cost of Rs 500-600 crore, will not be a
trimmed down variant of any of the company’s existing models, but one designed and developed from
scratch. The prototype of the model is ready and is expected to be sent for homologation (for safety
and emission clearances) by the end of this year. The company is also developing an all-new sports
utility vehicle that will be launched in 2010. The new SUV will be rolled out from the company’s
proposed plant in Chakan, near Pune. (BS-4/4)

Last edited by swale84 : 4th April 2008 at 16:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed