Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 11:43   #181
BHPian

Somebody who has seen the vehicle told me the vehicle is already out and is to be launched soon, he feels the deliveries have already started to Mumbai Dealers. So somebody in Mumbai can go to a dealer and see if it is in their stockyard and get a scoop photo. My source tells me the launch is next week with delevieries starting from 23rd Sep. This sounds more plausible because there is always a rush to get deliveries before 30th sep for depriciation purpose. Please check out the normal Mahindra dealers and not the Mahindra Logan dealers.
Old 13th September 2008, 15:32   #182
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Who won the battle of the sport sedans in that magazine? I'd put my money on the Fiesta S. The SX4 and NHC are anything but sporty!
Was the Fiesta indeed from the 10 lakh segment. IIRC it even did better than the Cedia and the Civic.

Coming back to the Ingenio and all its supposed speed reports, me thinks Mahindra may be testing the MHawk engine in 140+ BHP spec. Not that they would give this engine in the Ingenio but are testing it for other purposes. Mahindra has been putting an awful lot of expressway miles on the testmules.
Old 13th September 2008, 15:41   #183

Caught the Ingenio on film

I recently saw the Ingenio being tested on the Pune Express way. I was driving at just over 80 kmph and the Ingenio zipped passed me. I tried to chase it till 115 knph but still couldn't cope up with it!

The Ingenio sure has got one hellava engine within.

I have put the video on my blog. About cars, bikes and everything nice : Mahindra Ingenio caught on film!
Old 13th September 2008, 15:50   #184
Senior - BHPian

I spotted the Ingenio on the expressway in August. The vehicle was parked by the side and just as I crossed it, it started being driven. And I tell you, the guy was really ripping the car. I was doing about 130kmph in my SX4 in rain and the Ingenio just zipped past me at really high speeds. My co-passenger clicked some pictures but they didn't turn out clear because of the shower of water that was being sprayed by the vehicle on my windscreen. I gave it chase for some distance but backed off when my speed touched about 145kmph. My SX4 was really struggling to keep up with the Ingenio at 145kmph!
Old 17th September 2008, 16:53   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I spotted the Ingenio on the expressway in August. The vehicle was parked by the side and just as I crossed it, it started being driven. And I tell you, the guy was really ripping the car. I was doing about 130kmph in my SX4 in rain and the Ingenio just zipped past me at really high speeds. My co-passenger clicked some pictures but they didn't turn out clear because of the shower of water that was being sprayed by the vehicle on my windscreen. I gave it chase for some distance but backed off when my speed touched about 145kmph. My SX4 was really struggling to keep up with the Ingenio at 145kmph!
that sounds like the performance of the 2.2L mahindra engine .I'm very curious to see how it looks. Hope they get it good first off unlike the scorpio whose looks are a very love it hate it type.
Old 17th September 2008, 20:15   #186
Senior - BHPian

I wouldnt be suprised if they were also testing the Renault Petrol powerplant in it, considering that Mahindra is steadily entering new markets overseas and maybe even a LPG/CNG variant locally.

Does the Scorpio still come with a petrol option or was it discontinued considering the initial faliure.
Old 19th September 2008, 08:35   #187
Senior - BHPian

Gosh!!!!

i had seen this car in person, one year back in bangalore , when i saw it it was written on that "test vehicle for BOSCH" , there were 2 forigners sitting in the middle row and they where analyzing some graphs looking through 2 17" monitors attached to the roof, the car
Old 19th September 2008, 08:52   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
i had seen this car in person, one year back in bangalore , when i saw it it was written on that "test vehicle for BOSCH" , there were 2 forigners sitting in the middle row and they where analyzing some graphs looking through 2 17" monitors attached to the roof, the car
Hey Foby! Can you reveal how does the car look in person? Was it camouflaged?
Old 19th September 2008, 10:57   #189
Senior - BHPian

camouflaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hey Foby! Can you reveal how does the car look in person? Was it camouflaged?
ofcourse it was...but you know the entire cover was torn, and the car was black in color.she was looking gorgeous and heavy looks boosted her esteem.

i think the people sitting inside the vehicle was taking some observation values
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:13   #190
Senior - BHPian

I was driving back to pune on sat evening on the expressway after a trip to khandala when this vehicle zipped by. It had to stop at the toll plaza just ahead of my car. I've clicked a few pictures from the back. It surely was a Mahindra. It had rear headrests and pretty shiny vertical rear tail lamps. And it probably was of a metallic shade of bottle green or a lighter green. Heavily camouflaged tho. Will post the pics tonight.
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:50   #191
BHPian

I saw the same car on the ARAI road in Pune, followed by a Scorpio 2 days ago. Must be the Ingenio for sure.
Old 22nd September 2008, 16:08   #192
BHPian

It's great to know that it will do such great speeds but then it also scares me . With the speeds you guys are mentioning, I sincerely hope M&M provides ABS as standard or even as an option (at a price, if they wish) on all variants. And anybody knows if M&M is trying for an NCAP rating?

BH.
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:12   #193
BHPian

Great, so someone is know using the machines power at their best.

No downsizing or degrading the power!
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:49   #194
BHPian

We are well past the 15 day period, and like all others, I am eager to know what is cooking?
Have they come up with a new time-line yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
“Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) would soon come out with a new Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV),” a company official said today.
Addressing an HR conclave , Allen Sequeria, M&M, Senior Vice-President HR, said, "The new SUV would be rolled out in another 15 days. But he declined to divulge any details about the product.”

M&M to roll out new SUV - Corporate News - livemint.com

I guess we can presume it's the Ingenio - or maybe a Bolero CRDE?
Old 25th September 2008, 00:13   #195
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed, the Ingenio and Xover have a proper bonnet and not a monobox shape like the Innova. Guess that is to do with the Indian mindset of a bonnet makes the vehicle safer in the case of an accident. One reason the Omni did not sell to its potential was because of the lack of a bonnet
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks