Team-BHP - Its here : 2005 Mondeo GHIA Duratec!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Its here : 2005 Mondeo GHIA Duratec! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4437-its-here-2005-mondeo-ghia-duratec.html)

Say hello to the all new mondeo which is now available in India @ 14.2 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi. The mondeo comes with a 2.0 lt electronically controlled Duratec H E engine producing a whopping 142.7 ps/6000 rpm and a max torque of 185 Nm/4500 rpm. It also has a new look bumper with trapezoid shape fog Lamps, 16 inch alloy wheels on 205/55 R 16 tubeless tyres and all wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS) and electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD). The icing on the cake is that the mondeo is priced around 60k less than the accord. Still want to buy the Honda Accord?

src : www.india.ford.com

Just hoping that they would bring one of these engine options also, just to compete with the likes of accord v6.

2.5 Duratec V6 2495 cc 6 cylinders in V; DOHC on each bank; 24 valves; alloy cylinder head and block; electronic multi-point fuel injection 125 kW (170 PS) at 6000 min-1 (rpm) 220 Nm at 4250 min-1 (rpm)

3.0 Duratec V6 2967 cc 6 cylinders in V; DOHC on each bank; 24 valves; alloy cylinder head and block; electronic multi-point fuel injection 150 kW (204 PS) at 6000 min-1 (rpm) 280 Nm at 4900 min-1 (rpm)

3.0 Duratec ST V6 2967 cc 6 cylinders in V; DOHC on each bank; 24 valves; alloy cylinder head and block; electronic multi-point fuel injection 166 kW (226 PS) at 6250 min-1 (rpm) 285 Nm at 4900 min-1 (rpm)

good news. am a total mondeo freak. always like it more than octy/accord

clap:

my fav baby is back ! just hope ford gets it right this time - the mondeo can be very tough competition to the Skoda RS , about the Accord im not too sure as it has a japanese connection !

but who knows - with the pricing and A.S.S being proper the mondy could get into the accord space as well

somehow the looks dont send the pulse racing as the looks of the old mondeo did ! and those alloys arent great either !

anyways - now how about a comparo -

Skoda RS v/s Ford Mondeo

Droooooool - this could be one good fight !

Wow this is excellent news, more from the fact that finally, a mainstream auto company is giving us a whopping 3L engine in a sub 30lakh car! Outstanding! Sets my heart racing! :)

ooooooooooh thats one sweeet machine. guys now i will have to wait longer cos all of a sudden i dont fancy the old mondeo...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenh0rn
Wow this is excellent news, more from the fact that finally, a mainstream auto company is giving us a whopping 3L engine in a sub 30lakh car! Outstanding! Sets my heart racing! :)

green pal

that was neo just thinking aloud !! lol:

hey there isnt option of a diesel engine??

saw a small ad of it in today's paper with the under title "play GOD"!!!!!!!

I had the pleasure of seeing two 05 GHIA's zoom past me multiple times on the beautiful Bangalore - Mangalore highway. Apparently, the drivers would stop for tea every now and then --- and end up overtaking me again and again.

It has wonderful looks on the road. The rear is remarkably impressive. On the Sakleshpur stretch of Western Ghats, the control of the vehicle was very obvious. To me it "looked" better than any of it's competitors. Anyone has done a test ride ?

Hey guys,
While i really love the mondeo, i heard that it is almost totally stripped.
Only 2 airbags, standard deck and all.
If this is true, i would rather get a second hand one anyday.
Oh and are they going to launch a CTDi diesel engine too?
It will be a hit.

Wow,
Luv the new look mondeo.. Hope it does better this time around..

Oops sorry.
I see that everything is still there and there are no changes in the specifications.
So how about a test drive now guys?

ITS BACK YAHOO. I was morning the loss of this wonderful car, and now its BACK with a vengeance. Long live the Mondeo!!!!!!!!!!

Back, yes. With a vengence? Doubt it as you will find that the specifications are similar (unless the older model sold with different specs back home). The changes that are visible are the grille, front bumpers, et al. The turn indicators also have a lane-change mode.

Allegedly the new model has several internal changes. However, from the cars in our fleet it looks like the older duratec was smoother.

The Mondeo has always felt like it was better built than the Accord. I say felt because the Mondy comes up with niggling problems which you will not experience with the Accord. It does feel better than the Accord at higher speeds, but the Accord gets there much faster.

I wouldnt compare the Mondy with the Octavia as they are in two different categories. The Octavia should be fighting it out with the Optras, the Corollas and the Elantras. We are NOT talking acceleration figures here - a person dishing out 15 lakhs plus for a car looks for a lot more than that.

We own both models, and frankly I dont find any big difference between the two.

Cheers

Steer

From what I saw on the Ford India website, the xenon lamps have been replaced by regular halogen lamps. It could be a cost cutting measure. The Mondeo is back with a great price tag but how easy on the pockets are the service and the spare parts?