Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:56   #211
Senior - BHPian

check out the INDICA VISTA TV COMMERCIAL from the website....awesome..Red Vista is looking beautifull....
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:58   #212
BHPian

The glove box door seems not fitted right

Not sure if it is just me. I see the glove box door is not properly aligned.
Old 23rd August 2008, 22:07   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Just when we start thinking of a replacement for the Marina, along comes the Vista. I'm definitely going to check it out. A lot will depend on how much I like the styling.

Checked the web-site. No gallery. But good to see two new gear-boxes. Want to check if anything can be done about the extra-large HL's.

Un-like what we saw earlier in the brochure, the spec sheet on the web-site says the car weighs about a 100kg more : TDI - 1265 kg, Safire -1210 kg, Quadrajet - 1270 kg.

I liked the detailed comparo that they have provided. May not be all that we would look for, but is still very useful.

The intro went something about being wise to go one step at a time, but TM wanted to do it all in one go. Almost. They still dont give us ABS & Air-bags. That would have actually made this one a complete car.

But why does the configurator have only 4 states ?!

Last edited by condor : 23rd August 2008 at 22:19.
Old 23rd August 2008, 22:52   #214
Senior - BHPian

The car is superb and so is the website.
The tag line is the most appropriate I guess, changes everything!
But they should have given a better petrol engine.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:01   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing :

The under-seat storage space is not new even on the Indica.

After almost a decade of the Indica being around, I had hoped that the angle of the hand-grip w.r.t to the arm-rest on the door was more like that on a Safari. This angle as seen on the Safari gives a more natural posture for the arm & wrist. But apparently, the Indica think-tank & I think differently.

Last edited by condor : 23rd August 2008 at 23:17.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:07   #216
Senior - BHPian

MAD useless site. I have to keep hopping my mouse all over the place for back and forth. Screw creativity - i wanted simple menus.

That said, what's the turning radius of this ultra long/ultra fat beast?
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:10   #217
Senior - BHPian

According to the comparison on the website, the Swift LDi/LXi don't have body coloured bumpers

I have never seen any swift with black/gray bumpers. I hope this is not a serious misconception which I have!

Secondly, my barebones PC with just 256 MB RAM slows down a great deal with that website open.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:11   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
MAD useless site. I have to keep hopping my mouse all over the place for back and forth. Screw creativity - i wanted simple menus.
Thats right. Its difficult especially with a laptop. A click on the screen, it navigates to the main menu. I don't understand why manufacturers load their websites with the flash content. They should have atleast have two versions of the website, one without flash and one with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
According to the comparison on the website, the Swift LDi/LXi don't have body coloured bumpers

I have never seen any swift with black/gray bumpers. I hope this is not a serious misconception which I have!

Secondly, my barebones PC with just 256 MB RAM slows down a great deal with that website open.
wow! seems like they are really 'afraid' of the Swift. Sad to see Tata taking the Hyundai path. I always respected Tatas for their honesty and ethics.

Also, looks like the QJ weighs 1270kg. In comparison, Swift VDi is only 1075 kg. The Indica must be a lot bigger than the Swift. But, what about performance, Even though they achieve 190Nm at 1750rpm? I'm not seeing the gear ratios on their website.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 23rd August 2008 at 23:20.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:18   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
blue_pulsar : Tata have made a fool of themselves in this comparison.

Atleast when they are telling that other cars have ABS and Airbags while they don't .
They're being honest !
Quote:
phamilyman : That said, what's the turning radius of this ultra long/ultra fat beast?
5.2 m. (IIRC)
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:20   #220
BHPian

Quote:

The site is too heavy even for my airtel broadband connection . They should have provided a non flash connection.

Overall the specs look good. Would be checking the car in flesh tomorrow.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:21   #221
Senior - BHPian

oh what the bleeep?

5.2m? My primary worry with the Palio was that who'll do three point turns? 5.2m is what the Sumo grande does. guess they're right. Vista has changed everything. A petrol that'll be MORE SLUGGISH than the palio 1.1 and a turning radius to shame itself to hell.

This tata fiat marriage has made fiat cars seem cheap/made to a price, and bestowed tata with italian turning radiuses
Old 24th August 2008, 00:01   #222
BHPian

Prices are ex-showroom or OTR?
Old 24th August 2008, 00:35   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Thats right. Its difficult especially with a laptop. A click on the screen, it navigates to the main menu. I don't understand why manufacturers load their websites with the flash content. They should have atleast have two versions of the website, one without flash and one with.

wow! seems like they are really 'afraid' of the Swift. Sad to see Tata taking the Hyundai path. I always respected Tatas for their honesty and ethics.

Also, looks like the QJ weighs 1270kg. In comparison, Swift VDi is only 1075 kg. The Indica must be a lot bigger than the Swift. But, what about performance, Even though they achieve 190Nm at 1750rpm? I'm not seeing the gear ratios on their website.
the QJ weighs only 1140 kgs and not 1270 kg.go through the brochure again, dude!
Old 24th August 2008, 00:51   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When did the Sportz i10 start getting the ABS/Airbags ?

I guess this comparative analysis is done by some showroom sales exec and put up just in time for the website launch

Last edited by Fountainheader : 24th August 2008 at 00:52.
Old 24th August 2008, 00:52   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the QJ weighs only 1140 kgs and not 1270 kg.go through the brochure again, dude!
Nope, 1270 is what I see in their website. Here's a screenshot.
Indica Vista Official Brochure!  EDIT: Vista Now Launched-vista2.jpg

Interesting thing is, no Palio in their comparison also

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 24th August 2008 at 00:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks