Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 23:48   #61
BHPian

Absence of ABS/airbags as an option baffles me when competition is going ga-ga over it's safety features.

I hope they have planned for a model down the line with these as an option.
Old 20th August 2008, 23:51   #62
BHPian

gr8 one

Madly waiting to get my hands on it by monday!

Thanks for sharing the brochure
Old 21st August 2008, 00:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

The website is still not up.

Indica Vista Official Brochure!  EDIT: Vista Now Launched-indicavista.com.jpg
Old 21st August 2008, 00:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

From what I have heard, the engine is called the Quadrajet, only to save some money on royalties.
Also the Vista comes with the gearbox actually designed for the multijet and hence can take the torque of the higher spec multijet engines too. Maybe we can expect 90 bhp Indicas soon.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

This new "Vista" seems to be more solidly put together than the "cut-price" Indica. Atleast, that is my impression after seeing the car in person at the Delhi Auto Show. I saw this car being tested in the Nilgiri hills in Tamil Nadu during a recent roadtrip of mine there. Looks more substantial on the road than the Getz, whixh is the car i would compare this one to. I wish i had my camera on , so i could have taken a pic of the car on the street.Here's a couple of pics i took of the car at the Delhi Show.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista Official Brochure!  EDIT: Vista Now Launched-delhi-102.jpg  

Indica Vista Official Brochure!  EDIT: Vista Now Launched-delhi-070.jpg  

Old 21st August 2008, 00:24   #66
Team-BHP Support

An interesting observation made by greenhorn is whether this range of Indicas mean that it is the end of the road for the Dicor engine.

Well, probably not. They have launched Vista in three avtars. And interestingly even three different engine options. Now you do the combinations and it makes for an interesting point. Tata is probably the only manufacturer in this country that even lets you choose your engine specs across the trim ranges. Now they probably did not want to confuse people too much with so many options, particularly two different common rail variants in the same car.

My guess is that the Indica V2 will now move into the economy territory, just like their old look Indigo range still sells with VS badging (V for Value). And out there they may provide the Dicor as an option along with 1 trim of the TDi engine. The NA variant may remain in the original look Indicabs only.

About the ABS/Airbags, all I can say is that keep making enough noise, here as well as elsewhere. Someone somewhere is seriously watching and gathering some valuable data, I am pretty sure of that.
Old 21st August 2008, 01:17   #67
BHPian

I wonder how much TATA's UK divisions breathed on this? The interior is a huge leap forward. I understand TATA set a division up in the UK (pre JLR) to improve quality and fit and finish on TATA's cars. This car may be the result of that divisions handy work. This car I suspect may also be called a Rover in some country's....
Old 21st August 2008, 01:45   #68
BHPian

I was taking a second look at the interiors and a thought strikes me - It is probably possible to move the instrument cluster from the center to its usual position with minimum alterations. The top half and the right side panel (behind the wheel) are the only 2 panels that will need to be changed. I know its a crazy idea - but just a thought
Old 21st August 2008, 01:55   #69
BHPian

whoa...the new Indica looks just amazing...I must say this car has evolved over the years in a similar fashion the way Bajaj evolved it's Pulsar...the Indicas design had potential since day one and Tata's R&D dept definitely delivered a very attractive new Indica...I just fell in love with the interiors....I'am sure that dash is a first not only in it's class but across all classes in India...
Old 21st August 2008, 03:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
I'am sure that dash is a first not only in it's class but across all classes in India...
The spark has a very similar dash with the instrument panel in the center, if of course I remember correctly. Just that the spark has the warning lights in front of the steering and the indica has included it also in the instrument panel. Correct me if I am wrong someone.
Old 21st August 2008, 06:57   #71
BHPian

cool finally we have some competiton in the market. The car looks pretty big as well. And timing is perfect for taxi market too ( Assuming it is not impacted by the slowdown)

P.S : Now That Indica Vista has been launched, will it mean delay in the launch of Nano? They would not want nano to take the steam out of this. Nano looks more like a Durga Puja /Diwali launch.
Old 21st August 2008, 08:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

Looks great. I hope the gearshift is improved. I sincerely hope the Quadjet engine suits the car well. If it does and the gearshift quality is spot on, Swift - beware..

One more observation, the pictures show a good ground clearance, but the specs show 165mm, isn't that a bit low. (The print is not very clear though)

Last edited by dinu2506 : 21st August 2008 at 08:43.
Old 21st August 2008, 08:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

Maybe its just me, but from the pics the car seems to have shrunk in size when compared to the regular Indica. Overall, good effort though ! I would be more interested in the pricing.
Old 21st August 2008, 08:52   #74
BHPian

Well Vista is definetely going to put a damper on the Swift DDiS and Palio MultiJet sales. I hope the built quality of the vehicle has improved. Overall, very smart looking!!
Hope this Vista launch doesn't go the Microsoft way.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Looks good
Just hope that it does not turn out to be a Lemon like Windows Vista
Closed Thread

Most Viewed