Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 10:14   #76
BHPian

Interiors look good except for the speedo on the centre console.
That is a very bad design.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:19   #77
tez
BHPian

the car looks good and for starters the center console fascinated me.Planning to see the car in flesh and check the quality. I feel they would be above current indica's. Looks like the bhp and torque figures are similar to Swift DDis. Does QJD mean that Petefying the indica would be possible now? Hope they price competitively.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:26   #78
Team-BHP Support

No White color. Now thats interesting
Old 21st August 2008, 10:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

Looks really nice plus roomy. I just feel that the wheels look a bit too high-profile
Old 21st August 2008, 10:53   #80
BHPian

Saftey options

I think TATA's will do the same launching ABS/Airbags variants late; the same what they did with the Turbo DLX Face lifted 2007 Indica models!!

I hate Tata for this!!
Old 21st August 2008, 10:56   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

I was returning from faridabad an hour back and i saw this red vista with demo stickers.
Indica Vista Official Brochure!  EDIT: Vista Now Launched-21082008102638.jpg

Indica Vista Official Brochure!  EDIT: Vista Now Launched-21082008102741.jpg
Old 21st August 2008, 11:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Nothing to beat team-bhp guys
Yesterday the broacher and today picture of it in flesh. Great.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:14   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great thread, Sidindica. Thanks for sharing the first look on the official brochures!

The Vista looks all set to storm the 4 - 5 lakh segment; it comes across as a thoroughly modern hatch and with the segment-favorite 1.3 multijet engine. The previous Indica set the benchmark for space & ride comfort. It is safe to presume that the Vista will raise the bar even higher. Like others, I am disappointed at the lack of ABS. Even as an option.

The Vista seems to be influenced by a cocktail of hatchbacks. I see elements of the Getz as well as the Spark. No complains though, as the end result packs appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
Nice ! but one big let down is the center mounted speedo . I personally hate that
I don't think too much of central speedo's too. But I guess that's just one way of Tata distinguishing the Vista from the regular Indica. Also, it adds a certain element of novelty to the Vista vis a vis other hatchbacks. Lastly, it's easier to adapt LHD versions at a lower cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Any idea about the pricing? The Multijet is a superb addition to the Tata stable, but the taxi image will still deter a lot of potential customers.
The taxi image is not as much of a deterrent as the quality / fit & finish is. The Vista is the *premium* Indica that is aimed at the individual customer, while the present Indica will in all probability be repositioned further for the economy / taxi segments. Think of it this way, both the Indicas are value propositions. But the current Indica is the entry-level hatch while the Vista has the potential to become a proper B+ segmenter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
The Indica Vista is supposed to be assembled on a new line setup by Kuka of Germany with 300 robots. It is said to be on par with the lines used by Mercedes and BMW. By comparison the existing line for the V2 has only 70 robots.

So the quality is bound to improve.
Interesting to hear. Tata also needs to get its vendors in line if the focus is on quality.

Didn't anyone notice how well-bolstered the seats look in the 4th picture?
Old 21st August 2008, 11:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Interesting to hear. Tata also needs to get its vendors in line if the focus is on quality.
And their After sales service

I think Tata will bother about the ABS/Airbags only when they get around to exporting it. They know their home market all too well unfortunately

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st August 2008 at 11:34.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:28   #85
BHPian

That was a good response. He deserved that kind of response for simply blabbering without substance. Sorry couldn't resist complimenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Do you get Alloy wheels standard on any Diesel Swift? IIRC Tata dealers have an option of installing alloys or extra cost so those that want can avail of it. Or you can go and get it installed elsewhere. That is assuming that Tata will not release such a variant in the future - if they plan to export it (which they do) you can rest assured that ABS/Alloys/Airbags and other features are already integrated and tested, its just a matter of time before they release such a model.

"The features of this car are inferior to that of the Swift."

How so? Does Swift Diesel offer any of the following:
-Adjustable steering
-Adjustable driver's seat
-Enough space to seat 5 people comfortably
-Adequate luggage space
-Split folding rear seat
-Power outlet at the back

"Tata hasnt put forward such a great model (features actually) that there could be a significant difference between the Indica v2 and Indica v3."

The Indica V3 is a completely new car designed from ground up. It has:
-New engines and powertrain
-Completely new suspension
-Better driver comfort - adjustable steering and driver seat
-Larger with more space
-Even better rear seat space
-All new interiors and plastics
So it is a significant difference from the V2, unless you are only considering the shape of the car.

And I am actually quite glad that Indicas are used as Taxis, at least they are spacious and comfortable. The few occasions when I have had to go to the airport in a Maruti Omni taxi have been positively scary.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:28   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Amazing. I love the interiors. I does look roomy. So one more addition to the TATA stable? Or replacement for Indica?
OT: after v2 I thought its v3. So, a all new release like Windows vista. Next what? SP1, SP2, etc
Should be a worthwhile buy around the time SP3 is released
Old 21st August 2008, 11:33   #87
BHPian

As usual team-bhp is ahead with scoops. Thank you very much sidindica for the brochure. From the pictures, the quality seems great. The shut lines are great. It offers tilt steering as well as height adjustable driver seats. Only disappointment is the non availability of ABS even as an option. Vista will definitely give a good competition for Swift. With Vista launch, Maruti's insane waiting periods for Swift diesel will definitely steer many Swift customers to Vista.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:36   #88
BHPian

Waaah!! Thats a good news. I have seen this model in Auto Expo and must say I was very much impressed by exterior and interiors. I am very sure this car is going to rock!!
Old 21st August 2008, 11:40   #89
BHPian

Wow! Looks good.

Comments

1) Kudos to Tatas for giving customers a wide variety of options (engines and trim) to choose from. A classic case of customers being spoilt for choice and certainly a thing or two for other manufacturers to learn.

2) The centrally mounted instrument cluster is not as bad as some members make it out to be. You get used to it in a matter of few minutes. I say it from my personal experience of driving Spark.

3) Two tone interiors are welcome change from the cheap grey platics that Indica had in all its earlier avtaar.

4) A 'bigger' Indica, along with improved suspension, tilt steer and height adjustment, should logically spell more comfort.

5) Vista does not come with white colour option, presumably because it is the one commonly associated with taxis.

Expectations

1) Unlike Fiat Palio MJD, 'Vista' would have a better (engine) noise insulation.

2) Fit and finish should not let the early buyers down.

Disappointments

1) No ABS or Airbags option, although, I feel that this would be introduced in near future.

2) Though dual tone interior is a major upgrade from the earlier Indicas, I would have preferred a beige and deep black combination like the i10. IMO, looks more classy.

3) From the pics, it appears that HVAC knobs are way too below (and too close) to the gear rod. I hope they are not as badly placed as in the Logan!

And yes, thanks for the 'scoop', Sidindica!

Last edited by CaAT : 21st August 2008 at 11:52. Reason: Typos
Old 21st August 2008, 11:47   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That was a good response. He deserved that kind of response for simply blabbering without substance. Sorry couldn't resist complimenting.
Ouch! I could have replied to it, but all said and done, I'd clearly mentioned in the post (that too in BOLD) to just wait and watch till the car can prove itself. So just let this pass. Nor do I want any more arguments on the same.

All I hope is that the launch of the Indica would atleast reduce the waiting times for the Swift!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks