Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MJD powered Vehicle?
Indica Vista Quadrajet 204 36.96%
Palio MJD 135 24.46%
Swift VDi DDiS 197 35.69%
Other ( Fiat 500/splash/chevrolet etc ) 16 2.90%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 16:17   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Now am waiting for Swift owners to pounce on Indica owners
Come to think of it, I dont even own an Indica yet! But it is the so-called "Taxi" mentality that I dont understand If anything at all, a car being used as a taxi is a huge plus! It tells a lot about atleast its VFM, maintainability and practicality ... dont agree? Have a look at any good car in either Europe or the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Harry, that is what has been happening all this while. I guess the inverse of what you have said would happen now...
I could see that happening, and hence ... let the wars begin.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:33   #152
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has been in the auto industry only for a 10 years time and has been steadily improving their cars. The acquisitions, their technical partnerships all proves one point that Tata is fighting to improve the quality, durability and reliability of their cars. The Indicas have seen great improvements over this 10 year period and the evolutions for the Indica has been very very positive unlike the Marutis where they are going back in time to their 1980s with the quality of their cars.

I have great respect for Indica anyday for one fact. The Indicas are being made from scratch in India rather than rebadging a Japanese puny.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:54   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukla View Post
Come to think of it, I dont even own an Indica yet! But it is the so-called "Taxi" mentality that I dont understand If anything at all, a car being used as a taxi is a huge plus! It tells a lot about atleast its VFM, maintainability and practicality ... dont agree? Have a look at any good car in either Europe or the US.
Agree with there, I own a wagonR and now a days every other new taxi I see on Delhi roads happens to be a wagonR, so am I suppose to start thinking that I am driving a TAXI?

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2008 at 08:48.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:31   #154
Senior - BHPian

Why don't we close this thread now? I think it has outlived its usefulness. I think we can revive it after a period of 6 months - when the ownership experience with the Indicas is substantial.
Old 10th October 2008, 17:57   #155
BHPian

For most shopping for a Diesel hatch, the choices boil down to the Swift DDiS, Palio MJD, and Indica Vista Quadrajet. Swift DDiS being the hotseller, has waiting period of more than 2 months. However, someone in my building just got his DDiS delivered yesterday. When I enquired how long he had to wait, he mentioned he got it on the spot because of full cash down payment. Is the production of the Swift really falling short -OR- are Maruti dealers taking customers for a ride, thanks to the heavy demand for DDiS?
Old 10th October 2008, 19:03   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
For most shopping for a Diesel hatch, the choices boil down to the Swift DDiS, Palio MJD, and Indica Vista Quadrajet. Swift DDiS being the hotseller, has waiting period of more than 2 months. However, someone in my building just got his DDiS delivered yesterday. When I enquired how long he had to wait, he mentioned he got it on the spot because of full cash down payment. Is the production of the Swift really falling short -OR- are Maruti dealers taking customers for a ride, thanks to the heavy demand for DDiS?
On the spot!! I enquired last month and waiting for ABS was 6 months and without ABS 4 months. This is news to me!
Old 10th October 2008, 22:06   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukla View Post
Okay, finally this time I had my mobile camera with me. Please pardon the quality of the pic.

I have seen many of these in and around delhi. Who is the Taxiwallah now ... let the wars begin
See, thats the difference. To prove that a Swift can be a taxi, you had to post a pic. We don't need that in case of an Indica
Old 11th October 2008, 08:50   #158
Senior - BHPian

The SWIFT is pulling it back on the poll.

Please don't close this thread MODS

It's not over till THE FAT LADY SINGS

The SWIFT seems to be the most logical buy, atleast from the resale value point of it. The DDiS has found its soulmate in the SWIFT. It does not work that well in any other package. The petrol SWIFT has a lot of shortcomings, but the DDiS simply blows the competition away. The luckiest guys in the world are the ones driving the VDi ABS.

One question, MARUTI advertise that the SWIFT now comes with integrated stereo and steering audio controls, but I saw a brand new SWIFT yesterday which did not have any of these, petrol ZXi it was.
Old 11th October 2008, 09:47   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
On the spot!! I enquired last month and waiting for ABS was 6 months and without ABS 4 months. This is news to me!

thats true in case of DDIS harry, and there are no discounts even when your getting a december 2008 car.

my brother in law booked it in first week of sept through some one he knows in maruti, so he will get it in first week of november thats 2 months.

when he enquired from DD motors about the same, they said there is a 4 months waiting so you ll get the car in december and there are no discounts.

So no point buying it in december get the january model.
Old 11th October 2008, 11:57   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
thats true in case of DDIS harry, and there are no discounts even when your getting a december 2008 car.

my brother in law booked it in first week of sept through some one he knows in maruti, so he will get it in first week of november thats 2 months.

when he enquired from DD motors about the same, they said there is a 4 months waiting so you ll get the car in december and there are no discounts.

So no point buying it in december get the january model.
Gaurav, I had the same thoughts as you, hence called up a couple of dealers. Thinking on the same lines, I asked one of the salesman, as to why should I wait 4 months and have the car in december? he said that- " Sir, people will get 2008 manufactured cars till Feb 2009.

Last edited by sudipt123 : 11th October 2008 at 11:59. Reason: correction
Old 11th October 2008, 14:46   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
\
I have great respect for Indica anyday for one fact. The Indicas are being made from scratch in India rather than rebadging a Japanese puny.

The first generation Indica was not designed in India. Tata roped in another institution I.DE.A. And this was the reason for the close resemblance between Tata Indica and Fiat Palio. Fiat claims that the early arrival of Tata Indica made entry tough for Palio as both were having a close resemblance.
So Tata Indica was not designed entirely inhouse.
Old 12th October 2008, 03:09   #162
Senior - BHPian

we were assured by DD motors, New delhi, peeragarhi branch that in january we will get the january 09 model but that will be after first week.

i dont know how maruti is handelling this but i think it depends on dthe dealer. DD Motors is a very big bulk buyer, got 2 of their ware houses in faridabad and gurgaon where the store their cars. so they can give you january model on january.

rest every dealer has a different answer.
Old 12th October 2008, 17:54   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post

Its just the newest strategy where you create a situation where you dont have to give any discounts even on previous year manuactured vehicles. And we are ready to buy it. FIAT and TATA are trying to match follow the same way.
Old 12th October 2008, 19:02   #164
Senior - BHPian

Right now , its a sellers market for the Swift/Dzire Diesels. Tata and fiat are trying to change that, lets see
Old 15th October 2008, 23:55   #165

mileage and top speed comparision

i am curious to know the TOP SPEED and MILEAGE of the three fiat-diesel-engine(swift, vista, Palio).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks