Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which MJD powered Vehicle?
Indica Vista Quadrajet 204 36.96%
Palio MJD 135 24.46%
Swift VDi DDiS 197 35.69%
Other ( Fiat 500/splash/chevrolet etc ) 16 2.90%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 00:01   #436
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

My classmate has a automobile spare part unit. On a discussion about servicing Indica cars, he advised me to shun (then the only one here) the local service centre as he did not have good experience.

Till date all my Tata cars (Sumo, Safari, Indica and Marina) have gone predominantly only to that service centre (or its branch in Ernakulam / Cochin) and I have been happy 99% of the times.

Not even the service personnel are the same at every service. It is my driver who usually gives it / takes it back.
Please name the service center that you are happy with.
Old 14th November 2009, 05:38   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Just like people say Linux is free only if your Time is free, Tata cars are VFM only if your time is free. As long as you can spend your time diagnosing the issues ( the indica & indica vista problems list threads here are obvious examples)
Not sure which version of Linux you are talking, as on today it can compete with any other OS, I would have agreed with your comment on Linux if I read it few years back (early 2000), now things have changed definitely linux is getting populau . I hope it will be the same for the latter (TATA)
Old 14th November 2009, 19:37   #438
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Please name the service center that you are happy with.
I have mentioned the service centre in my own thread. It is Focuz Motors.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:35   #439
BHPian

What is the warranty offered by Vista and Swift?
Warranty years and kilometers?
Extended Warranty Years and Kilometers?
Old 16th November 2009, 18:54   #440
BHPian

I got the answer

Swift
Warranty: 2Years/40000 KMS
Extended:3Years/100000KMS

Vista
Warranty: 2Years/75000 KMS
Extended:4Years/100000KMS
Old 16th November 2009, 19:16   #441
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I got the answer

Swift
Warranty: 2Years/40000 KMS
Extended:3Years/100000KMS

Vista
Warranty: 2Years/75000 KMS
Extended:4Years/100000KMS
In the case of Swift, I think the extended warranty is :

1. 3Years/60,000 KMS
2. 4Years/80,000 KMS
Old 17th November 2009, 11:30   #442
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess for good for for bad the TATA warranty is valued more than the Maruti warranty due to it being needed more, and hence works towards nullifying the slight worry that exist on the long term reliability of a TATA. But then the warranty is enought to nullify the worry - atleast for me.
Old 19th December 2009, 11:56   #443
BHPian

The warranty extended by Tata exuberates their confidence in the product cause frankly they are in the business of making money not warranty disbursment. being from a automobile company I know how difficult it is to establish warranty structure.

My vote is with Vista so is my money (just bought one) for sheer space, comfort, features, VFM and pleasure of the ride.

Negatives will be the lack of imagination in case of switches and plastic parts inside the cabin.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:35   #444
BHPian

for those who care about interior space and dont care bit about driving pleasure and comfort, TATA will do.

But overall swift is better drivers car, its is one car that you will want to a luv to drive, so if you drive, swift is the car to go.

But if you have driver or you are looking at family car option, indica will never let you down.

I voted for the swift of course (I own an Indica and have booked a swift.)

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2009 at 17:53. Reason: Please take time to type in with proper punctuation and avoid sms language, affects readability. Thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:59   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavanrv View Post
for those who care about interior space and dont care bit about driving pleasure and comfort, TATA will do.

But overall swift is better drivers car, its is one car that you will want to a luv to drive, so if you drive, swift is the car to go.

But if you have driver or you are looking at family car option, indica will never let you down.

I voted for the swift of course (I own an Indica and have booked a swift.)
I think if you love driving then Vista is the car for you. You might be biased due to previous gen indicas. But Indica Vista has great seating comfort and space. Drivability is better than Swift in any case because of smart Gear Ratio and Peak torque at 1750 rpm. Drive both Swift and Vista in a city then make your opinion. Swift needs lot of gear changes in second and third. In Vista once you are in third then forget gear knob.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:36   #446
BHPian

Fiat Palio & Punto Multijets beat the Tata & Maruti

Strong car with great handling and drive.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:45   #447
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post

Strong car with great handling and drive.
Sounds like the "What's on your mind?" from facebook. You can't say, swift's handling can be beaten! in a blanket statement.
Old 21st April 2010, 16:35   #448
BHPian

Where does the debate stand as on today ? in April 2010 ? Will opinions change after Vista emergence with some new Drivetech4 technology they claim ?

IMO Vista still is ahead of the pack taking into consideration all aspects for a family.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:51   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
Where does the debate stand as on today ? in April 2010 ? Will opinions change after Vista emergence with some new Drivetech4 technology they claim ?

IMO Vista still is ahead of the pack taking into consideration all aspects for a family.
IMO Vista lags a little taking into consideration all aspects for my family which incidentally have two out of four members in favor of driver focussed cars. The other two don't drive.

There is still catching up to do for vista. The only thing in its favor is that its really very spacious and cheaper than the other hatchbacks with the same engines.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:08   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
IMO Vista lags a little taking into consideration all aspects for my family which incidentally have two out of four members in favor of driver focussed cars. The other two don't drive.

There is still catching up to do for vista. The only thing in its favor is that its really very spacious and cheaper than the other hatchbacks with the same engines.
+ its very comfy and TATA so parts r available in the market.

Most Viewed