Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which MJD powered Vehicle?
Indica Vista Quadrajet 204 36.96%
Palio MJD 135 24.46%
Swift VDi DDiS 197 35.69%
Other ( Fiat 500/splash/chevrolet etc ) 16 2.90%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:38   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Yesterday I had a chance to drive brand new Swift VDi. I felt something is missing from this New Swift. I am not sure but the experience was different compared to Swift which was one year old. I just had a feeling that Plastic Quality has been reduced. It was not having that upmarket look and feel. I am not sure about this. Lot of plastic cracks were coming from dashboard and doors. Can anybody confirm whether I am right or not?
After 2k kms in new swift evreything is changed now. Engine is very smooth and All plastic parts like dahsboard and door panels are not making sound now...
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:22   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
hi
i own swift dzire. as already discussed rear space in swift is cramped. i just solved that problem by going for dzire. i have already clocked more than 11000km, and many times with my family and found it very easy and confortable. my family now looks for a reason on weekends to have a ride. i rejected indica because of the same old looks and maintenance.
vsh:That's a lot of KM that you have clocked in such a short span of time Are you constantly on the RUN! What are the FE figures (For City / Highway run) that you are getting NOW? from your Dzire VDI, since its run up quite a bit. What was the FE when it was new i.e.before / after the 1st free service and likewise for the 2nd and 3rd as well?

regards
Smooth Sailing

Last edited by Smooth Sailing : 23rd May 2009 at 10:35.
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:34   #258
Senior - BHPian

i have voted for the swift.
i like the vista a lot for its spacious cabin & i have heard its got a good ride too. but in some other thread, i have mentioned that my bigger priority is styling, practicality comes next. so the swift...
though the vista looks good, its not a head turner in any way. the huge wheel arches & puny tyres are an eyesore. and the rear is very similar to the thousands of indica taxis i see on the road.
the swift on the other hand looks fabulous. its very sporty & a swift with just good alloys & fatter tyres looks amazing. its the best vehicle to modify, both in performance & looks.
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:39   #259
BHPian

Always we talk about brand image and all that stuff. I would like to share my Vista owning experience for last three months.

Everybody purchases car and wants to show off. I mean you would love if you see anybody peeps into your car and asks about your car. That is great moment. In January I purchased my Vista and coincidentally in other team in the company one of my friend purchased swift Vdi. Let me clear I am not comparing two cars by specs and performance.

When I bring my car into company parking then I always have very different feeling. Even after three months I could see somebody is peeping into car during lunch breaks. They are just curious to new car. Their curiosity makes me feel very good.

But what happened to my Swift friend... apart from first day and apart from his few friends nobody is interested in looking into car. That is obvious because swift is quite old and vista is very new.

But for me what matters is my feeling. My purpose of showing off is fulfilled by owning a vista. Now days more than half of company knows me because of my Vista.

After few months there will not be such buzz about Vista also. But I don't care because you know my one purpose of owning a car is fulfilled.

And in last three months I can see no added swift in company parking but I could see 6 Vista's in my company parking.
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:45   #260
Senior - BHPian

@ sushantr5: if you apply that logic, then you need to buy an i20 now, you will get more peeps. then the grande punto... then the jazz... then the...
what you have talked about is just the curiosity of your office staff. how does it imply that the vista is better than the swift?
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:36   #261
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ sushantr5: if you apply that logic, then you need to buy an i20 now, you will get more peeps. then the grande punto... then the jazz... then the...
what you have talked about is just the curiosity of your office staff. how does it imply that the vista is better than the swift?
Yeah, whats the measuring scale? More peeps per rupee? Otherwise, there are a lot of options
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:00   #262
Senior - BHPian

Imagine the interest a Ferrari would generate! All you would see is a bunch of people with the Ferrari drowned somewhere deep under a million salivating human beings.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:19   #263
BHPian

Guys, I am sure sushanth dint mean it that way i.e, literally" More peeps and more satisfaction".

@sushant: I am happy that your vista has generated curiosity to your liking and has made your ownership experience worthwhile.

One thing is for sure, the vista wont see volumes the swift has seen and in a way the exclusivity will be there.

The car as a product is fantastic value for money at the time you have bought it and will serve you well for years(reliability has improved).

To me vista means a mature decision not based on the herd mentality.

Indica badging/ Delibrate Indicaish looks( Not substantial resemblance though) has let the car down a bit.

Last edited by muni : 23rd May 2009 at 17:20.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:26   #264
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Honestly, I would not buy any car that comes with that crappy engine built by Fiat & Suzuki. For those harping about common rail diesels, they ought to go check out the engines Hyundai is dishing out in the same price range. Oh! Before everyone gets on my throat, I own a diesel swift and I HATE IT for two reasons. Crappy engine & crappy build quality. I wish I had picked up a Getz Crdi instead.

All those vouching for the swift for its looks, the Palio for the passion & emotion its built with, the Indica for its space etc have either not TD the getz or are plain anti-korean. Or are just blinded by their love towards a brand.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:30   #265
Team-BHP Support

McL: Need more details on the crappy engine part please.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:30   #266
Senior - BHPian

I've driven the getz CRDI, and will not deny its sheer awesomeness. If you drive an indica every day, then the swift might not feel as bad
But, unfortunately, nobody gives you an entire lakh for free. if they did. I'd be the first proud owner of a getz CRDi

Last edited by greenhorn : 23rd May 2009 at 17:32.
Old 23rd May 2009, 18:14   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I've driven the getz CRDI, and will not deny its sheer awesomeness. If you drive an indica every day, then the swift might not feel as bad
But, unfortunately, nobody gives you an entire lakh for free. if they did. I'd be the first proud owner of a getz CRDi

I would not rate SWIFT better either( We have a SWIFT and Vista in our family so am keeping the bias out. Both are not saintly though)

The getz does feel better but for a lakh more the indica/swift would offer the same as the getz if not more if priced same be it engine, build, comfort etc.

The sheer Awesomeness does not matter/ count to many and honestly the multijet aint that crappy.

Last edited by muni : 23rd May 2009 at 18:16.
Old 23rd May 2009, 18:28   #268
Senior - BHPian

I was talking about the first generation indica that I have Its a no contest between it and the swift.

Between the Vista and the Swift, its a fair fight!
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:43   #269
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
The sheer Awesomeness does not matter/ count to many and honestly the multijet aint that crappy.
Like I said, to have a fair comparison one must drive a car with a better engine. I would love to explain how the engine behaves in detail, but right now I need to pack my bags to head to Goa. So I shall do the needful once I am back.
Old 25th May 2009, 09:02   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Please read through post. I am not comparing two cars by specs. I am only sharing my experience. And to this logic, after fulfilling my exclusivity factor need why should I go for new car. The purpose has been completed.

If I would have bought any other vehicle which is in market quiet some time then I would have to look for your option.

What I am desiring from car (show off) is very small part of ownership.

Most Viewed