Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MJD powered Vehicle?
Indica Vista Quadrajet 204 36.96%
Palio MJD 135 24.46%
Swift VDi DDiS 197 35.69%
Other ( Fiat 500/splash/chevrolet etc ) 16 2.90%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 05:31   #316
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
the 'problems' that you mentioned have never been faced by me and that is either due to the fact that I got a very good car or that I am a much better driver. Just because you and 15 other people faced a problem DOES NOT mean that I have to face it too and that I am dumb if I dont face it.
Maybe your car too is facing similar issues and your not able to figure it out? Have you ever wondered that possibility? A better driver doesn't necessarily mean someone who can drive really fast and safe or someone who is really slow and safe. A better driver is one who can "connect" with his car and at every moment be able to tell how it is responding. A better driver is one who has the reflexes to make the right move at those times when most brains would freeze out of panic.

Quote:
Kudos to your efforts to take street racing off our streets and I hope more people join such efforts.
I hope you will join us one day for such an event? Keep a track on the motorsports sections.

Quote:
I've seen some idiot posting a picture of his speedometer showing 185 that he has clicked himself holding a mobile phone in his hand and a steering in the other.
Going by your previous logic, if you are not the one doing this then why bother reporting such stuff?

Quote:
We all know what fast stupid driving can do and we see the effects everyday.
Rightly mentioned, STUPID fast driving does have disastrous results. How many drives have you been to with TBHP? I know many people who are way more safe at good speeds than most people are at 80kmph. And these guys make sure they have the right car, the right rubber, the works before they do all this. Atleast in the drives I have been to or organized, I am yet to see someone do anything stupid.

Quote:
Even if you are a responsible driver who knows how to handle a car at 120+, there are hundreds of dumbasses reading these forums who do not and still try it just to match up to you all and post their 'achievements' here. I would hence like to request you and all others to tone down their chest thumping regarding high-speed driving.
Do people quit smoking even after the manufac's print in bold "Smoking IS injurious to health"? NO! Its the same way with speeds, people will go faster whether you like it or not. If your not comfortable just get away from that car rather than competing with it to nurse an ego.

Our main aim to organize track days was not to teach people to drive faster, but to make them understand their limits and that of their cars. Once you know where the limits of your car lies, with reference to braking, max speed your car can take through a corner, how it reacts to panic braking and several other aspects you automatically ARE a much better driver (vis a vis to that idiot who thinks he can turn his Swift at speeds matching a Pagani Zonda). Fortunately, we live close to the ONLY two tracks in the country to test all this in a very safe environment and finally put some of the skills attained in day to day driving as well.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st July 2009 at 05:37.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:15   #317
BHPian

Lol, just saw this thread today. So this was what you were telling me about,, Rahul.
Anyway, I had a nice read.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:19   #318
BHPian

I would go with the Vista Quadra, as it's really spacious. Just wish it had a better AC.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:53   #319
BHPian

We are having countless pages written on the turbo charger. Can somebody comment on the maintenance of these vehicles? As an average buyer its of very high priority to many.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:00   #320
Senior - BHPian

very few people have reached 10,000+ K on the vista or the palio. awaiting their long term reports and their issues faced
Old 21st July 2009, 17:24   #321
Senior - BHPian

This thread is hotting up, and not very nicely.

In my previous few posts on this thread, I have mentioned some of the issues that McLaren has pointed out are noticeable in my car, atleast. Just a browse through the thread regarding Swift D turbo issues thread will prove that.

@greenhorn...I think a majority of Palio MJD owners on this forum are beyond 15,000 km and some of us are beyond 25,000 km as well. And my thread is updated.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:08   #322
BHPian

The dealer is offering the porcelien white colour with Black roof for quadrajet aura for a price increase of 3k. this is just the colour change and everything else remains the same like the Aura.
This colour came in for the anniversary model and that now that the model is no longer available TATA has introduced this colour to the Aura model only.
Personally i loved this colour. It made the otherwise good looking vista "Dashing"!
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:36   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
The dealer is offering the porcelien white colour with Black roof for quadrajet aura for a price increase of 3k. this is just the colour change and everything else remains the same like the Aura.
This colour came in for the anniversary model and that now that the model is no longer available TATA has introduced this colour to the Aura model only.
Personally i loved this colour. It made the otherwise good looking vista "Dashing"!
I agree. It made it look 'a little extra special'!
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:18   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post

The golden lettering , logo on the anniversary model didnt look good IMO. The chrome with the black top ON THE AURA would probly look good though...
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:05   #325
BHPian

some food for thought

Indica Vista Voted as the Best Diesel Car in “What Car” Magazine by Hormzad Sorabjee

Indica Vista Voted as the Best Diesel Car | CarTradeIndia.com
Old 29th July 2009, 21:12   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Indica Vista Voted as the Best Diesel Car in “What Car” Magazine by Hormzad Sorabjee

Indica Vista Voted as the Best Diesel Car | CarTradeIndia.com
Great news !
It looks like finally Vista is going to bask in glory it truely deserve. The practicality of Indian middle class (read great power in terms of market targetting) has started coming to fore.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:11   #327
BHPian

A big point in favour of the Vista is the 2+2 years warranty.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:19   #328
BHPian

The new Indica Vista is going to be equipped with ABS & Airbags besides steering mounted controls, electric mirrors & a host of other features which are STILL MISSING (baring the ABS) in the SWIFT.

Source - Tata Indica Vista Ignis has ABS and airbags!- News- Zigwheels

What will the Swift fans do now? Run for cover? They have always harped on the fact that Swift was safer than the Vista (a joke in the 1st place considering the ultra thin body that Swift has). What do these people have to say now?
Egg on your face guys!!!!
Old 12th August 2009, 15:06   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The new Indica Vista is going to be equipped with ABS & Airbags besides steering mounted controls, electric mirrors & a host of other features which are STILL MISSING (baring the ABS) in the SWIFT.

Source - Tata Indica Vista Ignis has ABS and airbags!- News- Zigwheels

What will the Swift fans do now? Run for cover? They have always harped on the fact that Swift was safer than the Vista (a joke in the 1st place considering the ultra thin body that Swift has). What do these people have to say now?
Egg on your face guys!!!!
Maverick as per initial news this is a petrol variant and its not mentioned diesel is also geting launched with these features(Which is apity imo) so swift vdi(which is main competitor of vista) can still rule.
Old 14th August 2009, 07:43   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
so swift vdi(which is main competitor of vista) can still rule.
RULE ! Do we really believe a 6-7 year old product with lots of issues ( as per experience on this forum) to rule ? A widely accepted fact is MSIL product sells due to reach of dealership and services (deservedly) not neccssarily due to better design/build.
Move over swift make way to Ritz. Even MSIL doesn't seems interested in swift to RULE.
Had Vista been from MSIL stable it would have certainly RULED. Just a wishful thinking nevertheless Vista would take its rightful place under the sky in due course of time I strongly believe.
cheers

Last edited by sanagg1 : 14th August 2009 at 07:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks