Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2005, 21:52   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
I don't think highway ride would be an issue in NHC. I have seen NHC overtaking my Palio 1.2 gracefully when I am running at 110 km/h. As others pointed out, I too felt steering is very light when compared to Palio. Seat comfort is wonderful and gear shift is top of the class.
palio 1.2 is a very slow car even by diesel car standards,even many diesel cars like accent crdi and indica turbo can beat it easily and the roll-on timings of the 1.2 really bad even compared to any petrol car.i find the 1.2 engine of the palio especially the NV really weak.it might have 72BHP but it doesnt feel like a 72bhp car.
Old 22nd December 2005, 03:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

I have driven a baleno at 125-130 on the Sarkhej Highway and my lancer at around 140-150.

I have just had a short NHC drive on the sarkhej highway at 120kmph.

I cant exactly judge the NHC but its was not that bad. the car had just touched 120kmph but it was prettu much under control and behaving the way it should. the acceleration from 85-120 was just average at best.

My Lancer was a breeze to drive on the expressway. The toqruey engine helps a lot and overtaking is easy. being heavier it also feels planted against the baleno. I personally dont feel the 7horses missing against the baleno when driving the car at high speeds.

The baleno drive was fun. those 95horses are really very agile. I would want to take the longest route as long as the traffic is sparse. But I felt it to be as lightweight as the OHC at high speeds(only 10kgs difference I think). The effect is less pronounced though and I think the car can easily touch 140-150 with stability.overtaking is also a breeze on this one.

nothing much to differentiate between the three and the difference has been very minor. But a lancer with a baleno engine is what the doctor has ordered for highway driving.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd December 2005 at 03:06.
Old 22nd December 2005, 04:59   #33
Max
BHPian

i have driven NHC at 160kmph speeds with 5 people on board and it felt stable at that speed.
Old 22nd December 2005, 06:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

The NHC has no problems doing highspeeds in a straight line. I've done 160kmph on it and it felt very stable.

It's only when you have to tackle turns at those speeds does it dissappoint. It understeers under hard cornering and the steering lacks the feels of a hydraulic system.

It's a good family cruiser though. Comfortable, safe and frugal.

The new NHC however, needs to be driven as the setup on this model has been altered. Hope they've rectified all the problems.

Shan2nu
Old 22nd December 2005, 13:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
The new NHC however, needs to be driven as the setup on this model has been altered. Hope they've rectified all the problems.
Shan2nu
Recently drove my NHC ZX on the Gnoida expressway and touched a top speed of 150.

The car seems very stable and sticks to the ground - very much like the lancer and the optra. There are no issues and the improved steering inspires confidence now.

While turning at these speeds, one can feel the reduction in the body-roll over the earlier NHC, and at no point of time does the car feel like its not in your control.

In fact, my friend who drives a lancer was pretty impressed by the handling, and almost got hooked on its rev-happy nature.

Another thing I need to mention here that there is hardly any cabin noise while cruising at these speeds. The 'whistling' noise from ealier NHC is gone now, and the only sound you hear is the low grrrrowl of the beast inside.

Of course, this is one of the best tarmacs in northen india - havent cruised on rougher roads.
Old 22nd December 2005, 13:32   #36
BANNED

hey any idea what happend to that freak 99octaneblaster?
Old 22nd December 2005, 14:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygermans
shud i be surprised that 99octaneblaster and you share the same interest, and were born just one month apart. may be ur next incarnation will be at 4 november 1989.

how many lives you got there, mate?
Old 22nd December 2005, 16:24   #38
BHPian

Driven the NHC CVT on Mumbai Pune expressway at 165km/hr max speed..no problems at all,but vibration starts after 150km/hr speed.

sr
Old 22nd December 2005, 20:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygermans
Wow, what a qstn dude!!!
Where is that zonda you saw in bandra again, in your garage??? thats if you got one...

Sorry Im off topic.

Most Viewed