Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2008, 21:28   #121
Team-BHP Support

Is it only limited to cars? What about those scoundrels who stack up an array of speakers by the road side playing "Are you ready.." all day through in the wake of some religious celebrations? They not only contribute more decibels but are all over the road dancing and creating a menace. Wouldn't those groups be imposed a fine of Rs. 500/- per tweeter?
Old 29th August 2008, 22:34   #122
BHPian

This is by far the stupidest car related law i have heard.

Its only due to music that traveling throughout Mumbai in a car is still manageable. Just imagine getting stuck in a bad traffic on even worse roads and nothing to do. Atleast for me, its music that has been a saviour in such conditions.

Banning loud music, accepted. But banning music completely? Cops, what were you even thinking?
Old 30th August 2008, 00:09   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
What about those scoundrels who stack up an array of speakers by the road side playing "Are you ready.." all day through in the wake of some religious celebrations?
"Are you ready?" hahahahahaha. MF, Seriously I dont know what they have with that track.
Old 30th August 2008, 16:55   #124
BHPian

The rule against loud music has always been there.It is just that cops normally catch somebody on traffic lights or on nakas.

My friend got caught once.He got away by giving the cop a bottle of vodka, which had only two pegs left.He was from abroad so the cop thought, it was some foreign drink and let him go. We still laugh about it.

The problem with traffic rules is that if the cop becomes adamant, you cannot do anything as there is even a fine of 400 rupees for misbehavior with a cop which includes arguing as well. The traffic cop is the king of his domain so beware.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:32   #125
BHPian

atleast the rule is in book and if they implement it, i bet many bhpians here will sell their cars and opt for public transport. lol. many ICE setup here in the members cars are worth the price of second hand alto/ 800.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:27   #126
BHPian

Not really. The rule is only about disturbing the peace. Anyway, that is all settled now.
Old 27th October 2008, 02:59   #127

Thank god these kind of absurd rules don't happen in Kolkata at all. Disco's are open here till 7 in morning (as opposed to 1.30 in other cities). Full car modifications and moderate volume music allowed (even though many play it loud without any trouble). Even if some cop who doesn't know a damn about the rules tries to use his head, you pay 50 bucks and get away. I am having fun here!
p.s- Nothing offended here and everyone please drive safely and in rules.
Old 16th August 2009, 14:49   #128
BHPian

Here's an idea for the cops, ban Jay walking, thats sure to stop more.. or rather most of the accidents in Mumbai.

I feel that some clown coming and dancing in front of your car / bike is a lot more distracting than listening to music/talking on the phone.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:45   #129
BHPian

So what happened to this lame rule anyways? Did it get implemented or just got ignored the way most citizen concerns do?
Old 12th March 2010, 21:51   #130
BANNED

haha the same thing was done in DELHI long time ago but nothing happened.... every one plays loud music here...
Old 15th March 2010, 16:26   #131
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this is rubbish
maybe the cops should start enforcing lane discipline and speed limits first, before barging in and trying to invade one's privacy within the vehicle one drives.
Old 15th March 2010, 17:20   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
this is rubbish
maybe the cops should start enforcing lane discipline and speed limits first, before barging in and trying to invade one's privacy within the vehicle one drives.
Guess Mumbai is a bit better in those respects. People have been pulled up for not following lane discipline especially at certain specific high density signals. Speed Limits are not a problem in Mumbai, you cannot go over 20 anyway

I guess it was clarified that it was only for loud music. Frankly, even if it is not being enforced, have not heard cars playing loud music for quite some time.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:18   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Its really a ridiculous thing to happen.I foresee:
1. ICE Threads will go down on Team BHP as there wont be any ICE left.
2. No more threads on "Songs in your cars" discussions
I hope other states dont catch this disastrous act.
Still the threads will be there discussing about sound proof glasses

I think by this rule Ipod sales might increase. Cops all ways use there brains in useless stuff only rather doing there assigned duty.
is this what called as BEYOND CALL OF DUTY
Old 4th May 2010, 15:34   #134
BHPian

What is the actual rule that the Mumbai Police is going to implement? We cannot debate without actual format.
I think it is for those who play it loud in traffic who may not hear the rear vehicles blowing their horns. If they ban it, there should be some sound level limit in decibel like they check it for the alcohol.
Secondly, completely banning music especially FM Radio, will increase traffic problems as FM stations transmit vital information regarding the traffic conditions in and around the city.
BHPains, please do comment.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:33   #135
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

idiocy thats the word.
the police would have been better employed in finding sufficient evidence to convict and punish all the perpetrators of the 26th November carnage rather than do stupid things like enforce a ban on music inside private cars.
considering the crime statistics of Bombay and the chaos created by the Raj - Sena boys is this invasion of individual privacy really a worthwhile deployment of Bombay police time?
let them first enforce lane discipline and speed limits and proper implementation of rules against drunken driving etc!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks