Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 17:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
and how much do these cables come for?? I want two!!!
I think you need to wait a little bit when i post it in the market place.By the way where are you going to put the cable

Lets get back to the topic
Old 26th August 2008, 17:32   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I think you need to wait a little bit when i post it in the market place.By the way where are you going to put the cable

Lets get back to the topic
for that answer, check your pm!!

Coming back to the topic, Granny Dhabhar thinks the cops are "Mua akkal vagarna" (stupid senseless people)...She says, it is ok if people listen to Waltz at a normal volume!!
Old 26th August 2008, 17:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

I can understand you hate that idea but, dont talk about bannig cars... you never know they might think you are serious and actually ban them

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels View Post
OK how about completely BANNING CARS FROM THE ROAD? huh?

That would solve every friggin problem related to car accidents etc. NO?
Old 26th August 2008, 17:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
There is nothing absurd with the news or the law.The law says music at a level which causes noise pollution.Basically if you listining to "rise up" or any of your bollywood number with all your woofers and speakers on and windows rolled down and volume jacked up till max you attract a penalty.Listining to music at sane volumes does not cal for an offence. The rule exists thats a different thing its not enforced or will not be enforced.So lets not get very emotional and descriptive about the law or the rules.
This makes sense. If the law is aimed at those who crank it up in public places even while driving , i can dig.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

This is hieght of banning. Certain things cannot be done. I feel what cops meant might be the loud music might be banned. As it is if we sit inside the car with all windows rolled up, we cannot listen to the horns with low decibles. But will this move survive? Maybe for a couple of weeks and after that, it will become a money making mantra for cops.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
There is nothing absurd with the news or the law.The law says music at a level which causes noise pollution.Basically if you listining to "rise up" or any of your bollywood number with all your woofers and speakers on and windows rolled down and volume jacked up till max you attract a penalty.Listining to music at sane volumes does not cal for an offence. The rule exists thats a different thing its not enforced or will not be enforced.So lets not get very emotional and descriptive about the law or the rules.
The problem is that this depends on individual perception. If a cop is half-deaf, then people who are blaring something nearby will go scot-free. If a cop likes Hindi songs and not English songs, he could penalise the guy driving in the car playing the English songs. Do they have decibel meters? Are they calibrated? Have they announced that in Mumbai, it should be below a particular threshold? Does this include the general traffic noise? Are they going to check every car? What if my car has a woofer that rattles but doesn't cross the decibel threshold? Too much flexibility to grease some palms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The next rule from the cops is going to be no talking to your co-passengers in the car as it distracts the driver and results in accidents. To ensure that, the rule will say that all people in the car should have their mouth's taped so the cops will know at a glance that the rule is being followed.

By the way, how are they going to check if music is playing in the car?
Better yet, how about your own personal constable travelling as a passenger to ensure no one talks? Customized in your car color uniform and having a whistle and a receipt book issuing challans? You know, there could be one good thing about it tho; a nagging wife or girlfriend would smarten up to repeated challans. :
Old 26th August 2008, 18:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone went thru this site Mumbai Police - Aap ki seva Mein! .. It states:
IF HARASSED BY A TRAFFIC POLICEMAN:
If a traffic policeman harasses you for illegal gratification, never yield to his demands.
Allow him to impound your license; do not attempt to bribe him even if coerced.
Note down his buckle number/name which will be written on the plate of his shirt. If he does not have one, you may demand his identity card. If he fails to provide an identity card, refuse to give him your documents.
All receipts, temporary licenses will have the name/buckle number of the officer.
You can approach the traffic police with a specific complaint indicating all the particulars about the incident; this MUST include details about the concerned police officer. It is desirable to send this complaint by registered post.

These people themselves dont trust their own staff
Old 26th August 2008, 18:54   #53
BHPian

Why are our lawmakers behind music these days??
First ban on music in bangalore joints.
now ban on music in cars.

What are these guys eating/drinking...how can they get there priorities so wrong!
Old 26th August 2008, 18:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Many cars today come fitted with a factory fitted music system.If it's a hazard to the driver than i don't think car companies would have had them
installed.
Such rules are made just by someone hot shot who doesnt have any idea how to deal with a certain issue and end up contriving a solution which would cause harrasement of the public at the hands of the police.
It's just a money minting idea by the cops.
Old 26th August 2008, 19:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Mad max: You live in india.the questions you have raised dont mean anything..Its simple, you have loud music which people outside your car can listen and enough to attract the attention you get challaned.And frankly if you have the ac on in a car and you listining to music you cannot increase the volume beyond a certain level cause it gets too loud.and i know this cause i ve the whole nine yards fitted in my car when it comes to a music system.And as i said its india,you want to avoid the cops decrese the volume or have the ghandhis ready in your pocket.Simple.
Old 26th August 2008, 20:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

I thought I was drunk and seeing things when I saw the topic of this post. Very hesitantly I opened the post to see if this was some kind of a joke or something like a sensational headline, perhaps someone was inspired by the kind of headlines and breaking news of some of the news channels.

I mean for the life of me, I could not fathom what was the issue with music in cars. i've been driving for years and playing music everytime, and never found that to be a distraction and subsequently the cause of an accident.

I honestly believe the authorities are losing the plot. Dont they feel that the pathetic roads lead to accidents, the non functioning signals lead to accidents, the pathetic licencing process in the RTO's leads to accidents, the badly maintained vehicles lead to accidents, encroachments on roads lead to accidents.

Seriously, all of the above need to be tackled first. Dont push it too much, Mr.Sabde. You might seriously force some motorists into taking legal action against such hare brained ideas. As a responsible governement officer, you are expected to apply your mind before making a decision. Dont assume that you will be able to get away with anything at all.

A seriously dumb decision, and no way is it going to pass muster.
Old 26th August 2008, 20:15   #57
BHPian

i see prices of ICE systems (subs, amps, HUs, wires, speakers etc) falling in Mumbai in the near future!!!!! Mumbai here i come!

in hyderabad, the traffic cops occasionally dig out an ancient law banning tinted windows to penalize car owners. on most occasions they dont bat an eyelid on seeing black/opaque tints but once in a while when they have a target to meet, then God save the car drivers...
Old 26th August 2008, 20:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

This might just beat the "No Dancing" rule in bangalore !!!!

Old 26th August 2008, 20:43   #59
BANNED

i fail to understand this stupid country and its even more stupid rules. first you pay tons of dosh for high end audio only to play at low volumes. freaking idiotic people surely born here only
Old 26th August 2008, 20:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Only in delhi and Mumbai all the nonsense rules stated as 'LAW' are passed on to make as much money. IMO this idiotic rule cannot be carried out cos noone can get inside your vehicle with all doors and windows closed to check whether you are listening to your fav song.
BTW why is the police so worried about honking horns! Isn't excessive honking horn is also banned as per law!
First no LCD in front(which still makes sense) and now this, and i thought the LAws are passed by parliament!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks