Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 20:01   #1
BHPian

Esteem Automatic repair in Pune????

Firstly, I'll give u guys a few details of my car.

My dad bought a Wine Red Esteem AX frm Sai Service, Andheri, Bombay in 1997. He used it a lot till 2002, thats when he upgraded to a Qualis. The car has done abt 1.2 lakh Km.

After 2002 various drivers appointed by my dad's office drove it but those guys completely screwed the car's engine.

If that was not enough, the car turned into a submarine on 26th, July 2005 when it rained like hell in Mumbai. The car was in my Dad's office in J.B. Nagar, Andheri and coz its a low lying area it was completely flooded. The car was removed after 3 days of being complely submerged in water. We repaired it at Patel Auto in Goregaon and it was running quite well till now.
But, lately a lot of problems have crept up with its engine and gear box.

Now, I live in Pune. But don't know of any good place to repair my car here. So BHPians in Pune, do u guys know of any good place in Pune to repair a automatic car. Any garage with some experience of handling automatic cars?????

Any help would be appreciated a lot.
Old 27th August 2008, 13:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Good money behind a bad car? I don't see the point of spending $$$ to repair a car that has been completely flood damaged, run 1.2 lakh kms and been abused by a team of drivers. Sell it.
Old 27th August 2008, 13:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Good money behind a bad car? I don't see the point of spending $$$ to repair a car that has been completely flood damaged, run 1.2 lakh kms and been abused by a team of drivers. Sell it.
Would be very tough to sell it too. What are your plans ? If you really love this car & plan to keep it for another 2 or 3 years, spend accordingly & keep it or else if you find a buyer, sell it. As GTO has said, the latter is better.
Old 27th August 2008, 19:34   #4
BHPian

Selling the car will be tough. Nobody in the right frame of mind would buy such a car, with such a history. I know i woudn't.
Anyways in my family ppl are very emotional abt cars. We just let go of our premier padmini after it served us for 20 yrs.(3 Lakh KM)cheers:

i don't mind spending even 25-30k. coz being a automatic car altleast my grandpa can drive it.

Anyways, thanks for ur replies.
Old 29th August 2008, 20:08   #5
BHPian

Bhoomi Motor on East Street. Please check - in pune if they can't help, most others cant. What does Maruti [Sai Service maybe ?] have to say ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks