Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 18:15   #16
BANNED

the upgrades are nothing to talk about...except the front bumper which is now almost like the type-R civic. if you see closely honda has given the civic also the new family look with the broader and thicker front grill.
i like the front lights too, now they have the black smokey effect instead of lots of chrome.
lets see if it comes with more bells and whistles to take on altis.
Old 8th September 2008, 18:52   #17
BHPian

When it comes to looks (external styling) Civic is a clear winner, and some cosmetic enhancements are bound to happen on a three year old vehicle. IMO, the facelifts are quite evident, and those oval fog lamps look good too. But i feel that Honda should offer good alloys, the present ones are just about average.
The alloys in the pic (below) are just awesome.
Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-jdmhondacivicfacelift15.jpg
Old 8th September 2008, 22:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is exactly the front bumper that i wanted.looks like it'll be parts swapping time when this is launched in india.
Old 8th September 2008, 23:48   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
This is exactly the front bumper that i wanted.looks like it'll be parts swapping time when this is launched in india.
hey...even i am planning to change the front bumper ...but would it fit the current civic without changing the front grill or anything else.
i even like the black smoked headlamp look than the current one...but dont want to change the grill as i would be going in for the carbon look dominator style grill.
but..i think the new bumper with the foglamps is going to cost a bomb.
Old 9th September 2008, 00:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

The alloys on the black civic look awesome. Apart from that, can't see any real changes. But then, the Civic looks good as it is imo, wouldn't want it changed or we'd have an OHC situation all over again
Old 9th September 2008, 02:16   #21
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Are there any other changes at the rear other than the lip spoiler ? IMO the front looks better with this new bumper
Old 9th September 2008, 04:34   #22
BHPian

The front bumper is definitely better, plus its a facelift not a new car. Facelifts are mostly minor, that is why they are called facelifts. No point blaming Honda on this. Yes blame them on giving a white wheeled Civic Sport which mostly does nothing more than a regular Civic.
Old 9th September 2008, 04:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

Yeah the car does look pretty good. the old bumper was kinda empty. This looks more aggressive.

Let's hope honda fix the suspension, add more features along with 16" alloys and then we have ourself a contest.
Old 9th September 2008, 09:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well the front frill will have to be changed.i mean the black part of the grill.the silver part with the honda logo is bolted on top of the black grill.so you can go in for your carbon style front grill.
another option is to get this bumper made by autophyche.it can be made to exact specs while keeping the shape of the front grill.

It will definitely cost a bomb.even the front headlights will cost a bomb.if the cost is too high then i won't be interested in it.like i got a quote for the Type R front bumper from delhi. Rs. 70K.now that is seriously too much.It simply does not justify the expenditure.
Old 11th September 2008, 04:19   #25
Team-BHP Support

Anyone heard of a Diesel Civic? Well here it is about be launched in Paris next month. What's more interesting is that the new facelift for the european market is the same as the JDM one and not the completely different European spec one.

What's even more interesting is that the interiors are completely new devoid of the digital speedo. I just love this new dash even more than the one available here.

Honda Civic Hybrid Restyling and i-DTEC Automatic Gearbox World Debuts in Paris

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-9080910.004.mini2l.jpg

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-9080910.004.mini1l.jpg
Old 11th September 2008, 05:08   #26
BHPian

The Diesel Civic sounds cool - Is it powered by the same 2.2L plant?

And I tend to agree with you on the dash - The analog one looks pretty good too. (Though, I also like the digital ones that are current)

But, if this makes it to India, it may be priced a little less than the hybrid Civic
Old 11th September 2008, 09:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is news! If the Civic Diesel does make it to India. A good bye to Skoda from my side unless Honda does price it at a premium as they always do . I hope they do stick to the cockpit interiors with digital speedo or esle people will say SEE ALTIS HAS BETTER INTERIORS!
Old 11th September 2008, 10:38   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Those interiors are really good ! If the Civic face lift incorporates these interior changes, the Altis is in for a beating ! Hope honda is listening ..
Old 11th September 2008, 15:19   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What's even more interesting is that the interiors are completely new devoid of the digital speedo. I just love this new dash even more than the one available here.
Guys, that is the Accord interior, not the Civic's.

That said, it's strange to see a Honda with the redline starting at 4.5K rpms, isn't it? I see it goes well upto 6,000. Honda's 2.2 diesel has 140 BHP + 340 NM of torque...imagine that kind of torque in a Civic that weighs only 1200 odd kilos.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:35   #30
BANNED

ok im preety close to geting the civic as of now. autobox in purple. i just want to know wise to buy now or wait. this car will serve me for a good 10 years surely. as of now since the city has been launched today next in line is the jazz surely and then new civic when seems around march 2009 or later not sure. since its out in japan and i guess india gets stuff here after thailand launch right ??? wht to do confused
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks