Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 16:16   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
These latest pictures look fabulous. I am in no hurry and can easily wait for few months. If these black interiors are coming to India then bye bye Altis. If I don't buy Altis and move towards Civic then all the credit will go to Honda's seriousness towards Indian market.
So you started liking the straight lines..? Anyway those pics are fabulous and hope that we get something like this soon here...
Old 30th September 2008, 16:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
so i made a HUGE mistake should i say or a good thing im not sure, had my chequebook in hand was going to honda for the civic. and before going dropped in toyota for a corolla auto test drive, and here we are 15 laks on road a damn good car and i am in love. the power seats, the hid's, the cruise control is a crazy gadget for sure and the steering controls, it is 25k more than the civic and i dont know. so i drove corolla auto, civic auto, accord auto. came back with my chequebook and now thinking what to get ultimately... jazz is coming in dec or jan for sure the dealer told me so civic launch in 2 months im not sure either...
Ah another confused buyer! Wait for the facelift Civic. Well i guess you got the wrong info here. Honda officials have confirmed Jazz Mid 2009 Launch.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

Jesal,

The facelift is coming in April 2009. And it's going to be a minor one. Just cosmetics - the engine will be the same.

Jazz not before July 2009 by any chance. Maybe later towards the end of 2009 or Jan 2010.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 30th September 2008 at 19:35.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:59   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Jesal,

The facelift is coming in April 2009. And it's going to be a minor one. Just cosmetics - the engine will be the same.

Jazz not before July 2009 by any chance. Maybe later towards the end of 2009 or Jan 2010.
are u sure about this info ? i want it sooner ghrrrr they said in diwali next year they are coming with a new model which i am guessing is the jazz so civic will come before that. i was so close to getting the civic today ahhhh i hate this. i dont know now. april seems far far away and i hope they reetain the purple
Old 1st October 2008, 16:32   #50
BHPian

Even I don't think it's gonna be that late.
If it's a minor tweak and being launched in Thailand this/next month, it should be here by year end. #NC are you really sure about 04-09?
Old 1st October 2008, 23:28   #51
BANNED

i want to know when thailand gets it. as soon as they do we get it under 2 months. as of now only japan has got it. funny thailand is still waiting. i guess ill just wait itself. just read else where jazz is getting 6speed auto called ishift i hope it comes in civic too should be wicked fun then
Old 6th October 2008, 10:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Revised or All new Civic

I read from Autobuild that the new Civic is on the line. It will have some minor tweaks in the exteriors including the Grille and the tail Lamps.
The 2009 Civic 2009 Honda Civic Sedan - the Official Honda Web Site confirms it.

I hope the tail lamp is not as good as the present one.

Honda will be aggressively sending their competitions out with their new Civic. Am I right?

Last edited by agbenny : 6th October 2008 at 10:38.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:44   #53
BHPian

Good find Benny. The link works and car looks great from front. Just hope Honda doesnt make it an excuse to hike the prices too steeply. It also mentions 140 hp!!
Old 6th October 2008, 11:50   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Good find Benny. The link works and car looks great from front. Just hope Honda doesnt make it an excuse to hike the prices too steeply. It also mentions 140 hp!!
The link works because that's the american site. The car was launched there first. The engine is 140bhp because it's not detuned.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:08   #55
JRD
BHPian

I read about these new changes in ACI, looks better with the new revisions. But expect the price to be on the higher side, after all its Honda India.
And I think that 140hp will be for the US market.
Old 6th October 2008, 12:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

I still like the current rear backlit setup of civic. It gives a sleek sports look from backside.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

that is the USDM civic details.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

i fail to understand what's the use of again and again repeatedly discussing the USDM model which will never make to India. I don't think we need a new thread for this as there are two threads being discussed on the JDM civic facelift, which will make it to India.

the discussion can be continued at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ivic-soon.html

pics here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...tml#post965174

mods, kindly close this thread as this will create utter confusion.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:19   #59
BHPian

Another civic thread? There are atleast 3 more threads on Civic 2009. Mods, please merge all of them.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Problem is with my Search. When I did a forum search with the keyword "New Civic" it didn't bring the existing threads in the results. Even the keyword "Civic 2009" doesn't bring good results. So obviously I created a new thread.

Unless there is a Tagging/keyword clouding system is available in vBulletin such issues are not avoidable. Otherwise the thread creator should use all the possible keywords (WISELY!) inside the post they create. (Do a search with new civic or civic 2009) it will bring this thread in the results.

Mods, Please merge this thread with other existing, though I believe this thread can go, as people may not find the other two and sometimes more than one can be permitted, unless it creates UTTER confusion

Last edited by agbenny : 6th October 2008 at 22:07.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks