Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 13:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Meh, I didn't care about all that. I bought the car to run it until it falls apart. It's my first car and all that jazz y'know. Nobody else is gonna be driving this baby

P.S : 50%? More like 40%.
I agree with you there..

Why would someone sell a Civic or Corolla in 1 or 2 years. Only until either he has lots of money, so to upgrade so soon or no money to pay EMIs. In both cases the resale for that person doesn't matter.
Old 5th February 2009, 20:31   #77

Any update on Civic 2009 facelift?

Anyone has any update on Civic facelift 2009? I am a bit confused if I should wait for a new version if it is around the corner - this has been rumoured for about 6 months now.

I did see a fully covered Civic on a test run in Bangalore 2 weeks back - but since it was fully covered with black sheets on front and back, I could not make out if it was Hybrid on a test run or Civic facelift.

Any updates?

Thanks
Sreeku
Old 5th February 2009, 21:02   #78
Senior - BHPian

The Hybrid has been released for ages now. No need for it to be covered. You can easily make out the 2009 facelift by the octogonal tail lamps.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:16   #79

The whole front and boot were covered up. So I could make out only the outline.

Sreekumar
Old 6th February 2009, 13:17   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeku View Post
Anyone has any update on Civic facelift 2009? I am a bit confused if I should wait for a new version if it is around the corner - this has been rumoured for about 6 months now.

I did see a fully covered Civic on a test run in Bangalore 2 weeks back - but since it was fully covered with black sheets on front and back, I could not make out if it was Hybrid on a test run or Civic facelift.

Any updates?

Thanks
Sreeku
One of my relative visited Prime Honda in NCR to book Civic. His colour choice was Carbon Bronze. The sales guy there confirmed Honda will not be able to provide the requested colour as Honda has stopped manufacturing Civic. The updated or facilifted one will be available somewhere around April / May. Honda is planning to clear their stock. Also they were offering good discounts on the available colours.
Old 6th February 2009, 13:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
One of my relative visited Prime Honda in NCR to book Civic. His colour choice was Carbon Bronze. The sales guy there confirmed Honda will not be able to provide the requested colour as Honda has stopped manufacturing Civic. The updated or facilifted one will be available somewhere around April / May. Honda is planning to clear their stock. Also they were offering good discounts on the available colours.
the sales guys in indian car showrooms are the dumbest people they hire for sales and they have no idea what they talk about! so please stop believing what they say!

here are some photos of the civic 2009 which has been face-lifted. this is what we will get in india.
Attached Thumbnails
Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-dsc07441a.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-dsc07442a.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-dsc07444a.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-dsc07445a.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-dsc07446a.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-dsc07447a.jpg  

Old 6th February 2009, 14:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

looks good...but i think honda should plonk bigger alloys..the current ones look shrivelled....
Old 6th February 2009, 14:12   #83
Senior - BHPian

the current size of 15" wheels on the indian civic are adequate with keeping in mind the road conditions in india and to keep the profile of the tyre on the higher size as not to let the vibration come into the steering wheel.

in dubai the 2009 civic now comes with 16" wheels and the profile has come down to 55. so the current size of the tyre is 205/55 R16.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

most cars in india comes with down-sized alloys compared to their foreign siblings...same goes for the linea and the accord...yeah its coz of our crappy road conditions...16'' on the civic will be perfect!
Old 6th February 2009, 15:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for going off topic, but how much discount can i expect from dealer if i buy the present Civic in March/ April. Assuming Civic V (MT) costs 13lac + on road in my City. How much discount could the dealer throw??
Old 8th February 2009, 17:40   #86

Quote:
I am not sure about this. I went to book my car today (Bangalore) and they have told me that the 2009 production for Civic started. They can not confirm if it is a facelift model or not. But they did offer me Carbon Bronze (I am incli ned towards black). They had good discounts on base version (E MT), but not on (V MT) - can you tell me how much discounts are they offering?

Sreeku
Old 12th February 2009, 15:06   #87
BHPian

The facelifted Civic would be launched in Mar 09. As has already been mentioned in this thread, production for the new model has commenced quite some time back. No confirmation on the pricing and equipment front though.
Old 13th February 2009, 19:39   #88

I'm keen to buy a new Civic so I spoke to all the dealers in Delhi NCR. The consensus is that no facelift is coming (but I guess they would say that?).

Prime Honda said there tends to be an announcement three months prior to any launch (as with the new City last year), and nothing has been announced.

Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon was far more precise: Rajiv said the Honda team came to his showroom on 11th Feb and said no new Civic or facelift is coming in 2009 at all. Honda stopped production to clear out 2008 inventory up to 15th Feb 2009. From then, 2009 production Civics will be delivered by 20th Feb. The only new launch coming up is a 3.5L version of the Accord on 10th March 2009.
Discounts: EMT price was lowered recently so EMT variants of 2008 and 2009 have no discount. VMT variant of 2008 should have a discount of about 35k.
Old 21st February 2009, 02:24   #89
BHPian

HI All

even i got this scoop news about New CIVIC from one of the sales guy at Sundaram Honda in chennai. Intially when i was enquiring about this he didnt open his mouth.. but later he called me up & told me they will get new model anytime(march-may)..but for colours which are already with them, they may not give new model untill stocls are cleared. i wanted to get White VMT for which they said only 2008 model will be given..that too limited stocks and they cant take booking till june 2009 for white VMT.

Good News is that now i have taken an AUG 2008 V-MT model which had clocked 4900kms for Rs 10.50 lakh(white) and its very lightly used. understand from my friedn(in TS Mahalingam who helped me getting this) that it belongs to a jewellary shop owner and he has sold as his son has left to u.s

what you feel about this deal?
Old 20th March 2009, 01:34   #90
BHPian

Was going through the web and found the latest Honda Civic 2009. Not sure whether it would be launched in India too. Got some images of it so uploading them. Technology as compared with current model is advanced even including the Bluetooth Technology for receiving and making calls via your cell phone while on the go. Will discuss the performance in next.
Attached Thumbnails
Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg1.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg2.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg3.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg4.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg5.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg6.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg7.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg8.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg9.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg10.jpg  

Closed Thread