Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 01:39   #91
BHPian

The responsive 140-hp, 1.8-liter, 16-valve, SOHC i-VTEC® engine is sure to put a smile on your face, and uses less fuel than you might expect.
Thanks to sophisticated suspension and steering systems, the Civic is exceptionally agile and responsive. Powerful braking is achieved with front disc and rear drum brakes on DX and LX vehicles, while the EX sports discs all around. Because of its outstanding crash-test performance, the 2009 Civic Sedan with Vehicle Stability Assist™ has won a "Top Safety Pick for Small Cars" from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The Civic’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure enhances the vehicle's ability to absorb crash energy in frontal impacts with vehicles of differing sizes. Standard on EX-L, Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) can detect oversteer or understeer and brake individual wheels and/or reduce engine speed to help restore you to your intended path of travel. The standard anti-lock braking system (ABS) helps you maintain steering control during hard stops, while the Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) system apportions appropriate braking force depending on how the vehicle is dynamically loaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg11.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg12.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg13.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg14.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg15.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg17.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg18.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg19.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg20.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th March 2009, 01:42   #92
BHPian

Some more pictures. The interior is too rich and the features are just breath taking.
Attached Thumbnails
Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg21.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg22.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg66.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg111.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg133.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg188.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg199.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg200.jpg  

Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now-gal_lg222.jpg  

Old 20th March 2009, 10:38   #93
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this is the JDM Civic that is expected here. Looks more like the USDM model with an ugly tail lamp cluster design.
Old 20th March 2009, 11:07   #94
Senior - BHPian

Rear looks like audi, first city which looks like bimmer from rear and now civic hehe
Old 20th March 2009, 11:21   #95
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a USDM and a Indian Version of Civic beside each other at a Signal at Kala Nagar Mumbai, coincidently both were same colored ie. off whiteish. I saw it from the back and frankly speaking i loved the way the rear side of the USDM civic looked, Our version looks the design is more concentrated on a bit of luxury vehicle side where as the USDM version, looks very much built for younger generation and forsport oriented people who are fan of the awsome handling of the car as well as want some practicality of four doors. ( This is just my take on the differences of the design of USDM and Indian and JDM civics)

The pictures posted by David are of the USDM civic EX-L version the top of the line if i am not wrong.
Old 20th March 2009, 18:17   #96
BHPian

@fx45: You are correct. That is the US Civic EX-L model. However it would make more sense to go for the Si version instead of the EX-L since it costs about $1000 more but is way better to drive. It also has all the features of the EX-L and more.
I love the tail-lamp cluster too. Looks really sporty especially with a spoiler!
Old 4th August 2009, 00:37   #97
BANNED

getting back to the point, when is this out again ?
Old 4th August 2009, 18:18   #98
BHPian

Upgrades to Civic and ANHC

Folks,

Visited a Honda dealership in Delhi today, where my friend wanted to pickup a ANHC AT. We we surprised that the dealership did not have one. On further inquiry we realized that none of the dealerships in Delhi & NCR have the ANHC AT model, and no one was ready with an answer for this. When we spoke to our trusted salesperson, he candidly told us that this week Honda is calling all Sales and Engineers for Training to the Greater Noida factory....!!
He told us that such trainings are done prior to a new model launch, or when there was an upgrade of existing models.

The news as of now is:
1. The Honda Cars website (http://www.hondacarindia.com) shows only 2 variants for ANHC (S & AT) and for Civic (MT & AT), so all other options are gone, specially Civic Sport.
2. ANHC is being given a facelift and the much needed Alloys, Fog Lamps, etc are being added.
3. The lower ANHC model "E" would be re-introduced with Beige interiors.
4. A new top end variant would be introduced with Leather Seats.
5. Civic is being upgraded, and possibly the American Civic 2009 model is being brought in.
6. Prices of both ANHC and Civic would move upwards.

The above will remain a speculation till the Salesperson returns from the training at Honda and confirm the same.
Will update as news filters out.

Cheers.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:13   #99
oss
BHPian

On expected lines. Keep us updated on the news.

I doubt if the ANHC E-MT will be reintroduced. Expect them to launch V-MT with alloys & fogs and later on spruce up the interiors of S-MT.

E-MT will directly impact the Jazz sale, so they may not do it. Or knowing Honda, they might give two tone interiors and increase the price by another 50k

Let us wait and see.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:33   #100
Senior - BHPian

Typical of Honda. Whenever there is a so-called "upgrade" to their models, whether there is any tangible upgrade or not, there is an inherent price hike in the offing. Again, so typical of the Indian consumers, they will still go ahead and buy anything with a 'H' badge.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Old wine in a new bottle.But a notable upgrade after a very long time.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
5. Civic is being upgraded, and possibly the American Civic 2009 model is being brought in.
Cheers.
Will not happen. The FAx platform is LHD only. We'll get the facelifted JDM model. It does not make sense for Honda to import the USDM model and then modify it when they can just import the JDM model and sell it as it is.
Old 4th August 2009, 23:57   #103
BHPian

Whats the likelihood of the face-lifted Civic getting goodies like VSA, digital fuel gauge (with DTE, Avg. fuel consumption, etc...) and a more suitable suspension ?

I believe that double wishbone suspension has the drawback of not being capable of absorbing deep potholes. (probably due to the restriction of movement of the wheel as described in Honda Worldwide | World News | News Release | July 2, 1997 and The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums > Strictly Technical > > Re: What's Reactive-Link Double Wishbone, in Civic Sedan VIII?). But I guess Honda needs to tune the springs and dampeners to suit Indian road conditions atleast now.
Old 5th August 2009, 09:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

Double wishbone is the standard suspension in most mid-range cars worldwide. Higher end ones get multi-link and lower end ones get torsion bars or similar. It is also fully independent, providing much better driving dynamics. Older Hondas were sought after because they had double wishbones all over, which was a rare trait for cars in that class. The new Civic was blasted for the struts in the front.

All they need to do is change the dampers. Currently, they are too soft to absorb deep potholes and too slow to absorb a rough road surface. So they are pretty useless.

@mkc : All those things are and have been standard in the mid and upper end variants of both USDM and JDM Civics. The facelift brings a lot of such kit to the lower variants and thus, standard across the range. New kit is a navi computer, which we won't get. I don't understand why they don't provide things like DTE and avg. fuel consumption when it's just a software change - the dash is all the same. I don't expect VSA because that's another computer and more hydraulics and therefore, a bigger price increase. They might be thieving fools and extract maximum money from the average Indian, but they are not stupid.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 5th August 2009 at 09:22.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:29   #105
BHPian

IMO, along with dampers, they also need to tune the spring rates for our roads.

I believe they went for struts in the front to 1) make space for bigger engines (mostly for K20A ?) and 2) to balance cost. I also think VSA would mandate multi-link suspension since the movement of rear wheels can be better controlled (I mean more predictable, as the axis of movement is restricted) to follow the fronts. No ? BTW is multilink capable of handling deep potholes better than double wishbone ?

Do you think we are going to get cruise control on the new Civic ?

Slightly off-topic here, but I'm surprised to see struts(dual) at the rear in Camry! (hope we dont switch to Camry on this thread)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks