Team-BHP - Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Will there be a 2009 JDM Civic soon ??? EDIT - Its here Now (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/44758-will-there-2009-jdm-civic-soon-edit-its-here-now.html)

as the title says, the civic is close to 3 years old now so honda as usual gives all of the cars a facelift. wanted to know if there was going to be 2009 model coming at all or is the current one safe to buy. i really want a sunroof and steering controls. damn it even toyota has them now so about time. any advise, no info online about the same at all. the usa is getting the upgrade though

Jesal, Got this info from autoincar. Seems like this facelift will be launched after the New City.

Even US 2009 Honda civic was unveild last week ago but still go to plan changing looking update for Civic japanese/asia version,It will be taken change its.
-New front frille more sporty looking
-New Fabric texture seat
-Stop rear indicator to change to 8 Polygon form instead of circle lamp.
-Launch in October 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 954339)
Jesal, Got this info from autoincar. Seems like this facelift will be launched after the New City.

Even US 2009 Honda civic was unveild last week ago but still go to plan changing looking update for Civic japanese/asia version,It will be taken change its.
-New front frille more sporty looking
-New Fabric texture seat
-Stop rear indicator to change to 8 Polygon form instead of circle lamp.
-Launch in October 2008

thanks for that, see the reason asking is im really trying my best to get a new car in the family and i dont want a outdated model so i want to know if oct. 2008 surely will bring out the facelift. what you are mentioning is ok, is that all or features are added ?? ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 954490)
thanks for that, see the reason asking is im really trying my best to get a new car in the family and i dont want a outdated model so i want to know if oct. 2008 surely will bring out the facelift. what you are mentioning is ok, is that all or features are added ?? ?

Jesal, Oct launch is for Thailand and few other markets. We have to wait and see if we get the facelift Civic before City. I have a feeling facelift Civic after City since there is no news from Honda India. There might be few tweaks in interiors too but seriously no news about other features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 954699)
Jesal, Oct launch is for Thailand and few other markets. We have to wait and see if we get the facelift Civic before City. I have a feeling facelift Civic after City since there is no news from Honda India. There might be few tweaks in interiors too but seriously no news about other features.

see if its oct. 08 in thai then nov or dec max for india, since when i got my city zx in 06. i did the same thing. it was launched in thailand in nov 05 and in india december zx was here and i booked in jan 06 :). so i guess ill wait now. damn corolla for not having the 5 speed

A more loaded facelift Civic, is a welcome move and is unavoidealbe for Honda. If I was Honda, I would do that after seeing Altis. And remember Civic was launched in India along with its international launch (great appriciations for Honda) therefore this could be expected this time also. A more refiend engine with better FE and many more added features will keep the Civic as segment leader. Please keep updated if anyone gets more information.

Consider this:

1. 23.8% lesser Civics sold from Jan-July 2008 over Jan-July 2007

2. Skoda (Octy+Laura) has sold 479 cars more than the Civic in May-July 2008. Skoda has never outsold the Honda Civic post the Jun 06 launch over any 3 month window.

3. Toyota's Altis is all set for the Sep relaunch

With these in mind, and the all-critical festive season approaching, I think the Civic might just get a revamp in Oct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ym-enjn (Post 955021)
A more loaded facelift Civic, is a welcome move and is unavoidealbe for Honda. If I was Honda, I would do that after seeing Altis. And remember Civic was launched in India along with its international launch (great appriciations for Honda) therefore this could be expected this time also. A more refiend engine with better FE and many more added features will keep the Civic as segment leader. Please keep updated if anyone gets more information.

the bigger engine i do not care about, i would love hid lights, sunroof option, cruise control, steering remote and better rear lights and better alloys, hopefully 16 incher. id be more than happy all this at the same price of 50k more at the max with the sunroof included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 955551)
the bigger engine i do not care about, i would love hid lights, sunroof option, cruise control, steering remote and better rear lights and better alloys, hopefully 16 incher. id be more than happy all this at the same price of 50k more at the max with the sunroof included.

Sunroof(electronic) would cost not less that 50k itself. HIDs and all extra 50k so i guess 1L+

Just buy the Kappa automatic with sunroof.

P.S : Abhi did a test drive for his paper with the kappa and guess the Kmpl???
:Shockked: 4 kmpl.

Managed to get the minor facelift pic of Civic .

Source : autoincar

Present Civic

source : vicky.in

2009 Honda Civic Sedan and Hybrid Facelift Released in Japan - Carscoop

new front grill and bumper
new taillight lenses-parking lights now with hexagonal surrounds instead of circular surrounds
improved dashboard and trim materials

The current version looks more sportier and aggressive,this facelift dosent appeal much.The alloy wheels on the black civic looks real awesome :)

Do we really need a Facelift???????

Looks like a hurriedly done job. Is Honda shaken by the Altis or just trying to impress potential buyers with 'All New' tag.

I like the new bumper design, but seems like the low ground clearance that it suffer from is getting even worse with the facelift.

Trunk lip spoiler adds a nice touch, probably should come with the V model.

Nice alloy design but Honda always gives us the boring designs here so i doubt these would be a part of the facelift.

HIDs need to be added for the civic to take on the Altis's equipment levels.

Not much different from the current one I would say. Just the grill and the fogs are changed.