Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 17:54   #151
Team-BHP Support

I would tend to agree with An_and since the first set drives the second one.

Finney: Why don't you agree to the second one ?
Old 16th September 2008, 19:58   #152
BHPian

If fiat is not going to launch linea before Diwali period i would say bye bye to linea.I have been waiting for this car for mor than one year and eight months.
Old 16th September 2008, 20:00   #153

I saw two heavily camouflagedpetrol lineas still being tested today!! This is in Pune. I was following them for about 20 mins. Due to Pune traffic, I could watch them closely!! But could not click it!!

The car looks great!! I would go for one-diesel one!!

For me looks like the real reason for delay is something different. Why they are still testing it??
Old 17th September 2008, 09:58   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranil7 View Post
I saw two heavily camouflagedpetrol lineas still being tested today!! This is in Pune. I was following them for about 20 mins. Due to Pune traffic, I could watch them closely!! But could not click it!!

The car looks great!! I would go for one-diesel one!!

For me looks like the real reason for delay is something different. Why they are still testing it??
Well, I happened to see a camouflaged Altis testing as late as Aug 25th on BLR-Chennai highway. Guess, that doesnt say anything conclusive about the launch timeframe.
Old 17th September 2008, 18:06   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
If fiat is not going to launch linea before Diwali period i would say bye bye to linea.I have been waiting for this car for mor than one year and eight months.
well I think Fiat is really testing my patience. On one hand since the last 1 year, Car Magazines and TV shows have been raving about the Linea and Stating that the Wait is worth it. Somehow Fiat India has done a good PR job on this : it has got the attention. But the wait is overdue. I am thinking whether it is good to buy a Good Car but with poor A.S.S.

I have heard that some Fiat Owners have to wait for months to get their spareparts for Palio .

Also are Fiat Spares / Services expensive ?
Old 17th September 2008, 19:49   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
well I think Fiat is really testing my patience. On one hand since the last 1 year, Car Magazines and TV shows have been raving about the Linea and Stating that the Wait is worth it. Somehow Fiat India has done a good PR job on this : it has got the attention. But the wait is overdue. I am thinking whether it is good to buy a Good Car but with poor A.S.S.

I have heard that some Fiat Owners have to wait for months to get their spareparts for Palio .

Also are Fiat Spares / Services expensive ?
Same here man.I also worried about FIAT A.S.S and about 60% i think it would be problem for us.Some how i managed convince my Dad and Bro to go in for a Fiat.Before they always say{What are you talking FIAT NO NO}.Everybody knows fiat has poor A.S.S and problem for owners.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:03   #157
BHPian

Guys - I think the Fiat Linea is being launched soon. Today I was travelling from Viman Nagar to Magarpatta city in Pune and saw 3 Fiat Linea cars being tested. These cars were highly camaflouged with black and white strips. I followed them for some time, but I could not click any photo graphs as I did not have my camera with me.

I really hate my self for not carrying the camera or else it would have been a great scoop photos. Hope some one else would be more intelligent and would be carrrying his camera.

Kailash
Old 10th October 2008, 11:06   #158
Team-BHP Support

Kailash, that has been the status from donkeys years. Linea test mules have spotted innumerable times and there is still no whiff of a launch.

Please don't curse yourself for not carrying the camera.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th October 2008 at 11:09.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:12   #159
BHPian

whats interesting is although FIAT India is showing no indication or interest in its new cars, the FIAT-related activity keeps coming up again and again on T-Bhp. In recent times, almost constantly been at least one thread on the 1st page of Indian car scene page here in T-Bhp. only the thread title is different, the discussion is the same. In about a week, the enthu is down, but raised again subsequently in a differently titled thread.
Gotta love it.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:18   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Eddy : Linea test mules have spotted innumerable times and there is still no whiff of a launch.
May be Fiat is doing their testing in India - endurance, reliability, a/c, fuel, etc.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:58   #161
BHPian

Its a real torture to see ppl longing for such a beautiful car and fiat just sits on the egg waiting to hatch (who knows it may be fake egg)
Old 23rd November 2008, 08:32   #162
BHPian

GRANDE PUNTO to be released by February 2009

Dear friends the happiest news from The Hindu says Grande Punto is sheduled for an early release by Feb 2009

The best selling hatchback in europe clocking annual sales of around 3.50 lakh units is to hit us very soon, IMO i20, Fabia, Swift & Vista sales are sure to be affected by this.

Any scoop about its pricing is welcomed.
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:12   #163
BHPian

This is interesting news, eagerly awaiting further updates.
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:22   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
This is interesting news, eagerly awaiting further updates.
Wow. Any info about the pricing and features it would be having?
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:42   #165
BHPian

I highly doubt such an early launch. Going by the past record of Fiat launches in India, we will first see test mules on the roads for atleast a few months before there is any talk of launch.
The first lot of locally built GP's have just about started getting built (based on what people who regularly visit the Fiat Ranjangaon plant have told me).

I would put my money on a launch no earlier than mid to late 2009.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks