Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 08:39   #61
BHPian

So the D Day has come ? If rumours are to be believed (?) today is the much awaited soft launch of Linea ?
Old 4th September 2008, 13:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

I can't give you the full information but Linea soft launch is indeed today at Italian embassy in New Delhi. Only VVIP's invited! Just hold your horses.... the car is coming very soon.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:37   #63
BHPian

What exactly is soft launch ?. Will they announce the pricing during soft launch or will it be like autoexpo ? Just show the car and provide an expected launch date ?
Old 4th September 2008, 13:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

what point is a launch if the info is not available to the public? When i thought of a soft launch - i thought they would unveil the car models and features and hopefully the rpice point.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I can't give you the full information but Linea soft launch is indeed today at Italian embassy in New Delhi. Only VVIP's invited! Just hold your horses.... the car is coming very soon.
So Fiat is doing a soft launch at the Italian embassy for the first of the two cars that they themselves claim is going to mark the beginning of their comeback into the Indian market?!

And VVIP's only? Who are these VVIP's? Industrialists like Tata, Ambani and politicians and the Italian ambassador? VVIP's are not going to buy the Linea, Fiat!! Hello Fiat, this is the Linea that you are launching not some Ferrari or Masaerati.

Fiat doesn't need enemies because they are the biggest enemies of their own products. Looks like they are on suicide mission here. First they murdered the Uno then the Palio and now the Linea and GP.

I hope Fiat doesn't do this today. Where is Tata? I thought Tata's would at least drill some sense into them.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Any TEAM BHP guys working @ Italian embassy or planning to pass by from there today, or luckily invited.
Please share some pics...or 'Extreme Torque' you must be having some more info (pricing and specs) which you can share right after the soft launch
Old 4th September 2008, 13:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

As I said I cant give you guys the full information but there are reasons why the product has been delayed a little.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 4th September 2008 at 13:51.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
So Fiat is doing a soft launch at the Italian embassy for the first of the two cars that they themselves claim is going to mark the beginning of their comeback into the Indian market?!

And VVIP's only? Who are these VVIP's? Industrialists like Tata, Ambani and politicians and the Italian ambassador? VVIP's are not going to buy the Linea, Fiat!! Hello Fiat, this is the Linea that you are launching not some Ferrari or Masaerati.

Fiat doesn't need enemies because they are the biggest enemies of their own products. Looks like they are on suicide mission here. First they murdered the Uno then the Palio and now the Linea and GP.

I hope Fiat doesn't do this today. Where is Tata? I thought Tata's would at least drill some sense into them.
Oh! My Goodness!! I think Fiat is going in reverse gear again. Let them wait till GM launches multijet engined cars.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:46   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
So Fiat is doing a soft launch at the Italian embassy for the first of the two cars that they themselves claim is going to mark the beginning of their comeback into the Indian market?! .

I thought the 'Italians' in India were all about the so often mentioned 'Aam Aadmi', so maybe the VIPs in Italian embassy are checking if it suits the Indian Aam Aadmi (No Political offence intended)
Old 4th September 2008, 13:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I said I cant give you guys the full information but there are reasons why the product has been delayed.
Hmmm... what kinda of reasons can be there for delaying a product launch which is already delayed badly - apart from incapability & inefficiency?

They should learn from Honda. City is performing well but still they are on an aggressive path and bringing a new version here. FIAT has been talking about bringing Linea for ages, and its just talk.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The delay is ok. These things happen. But why do a soft launch in Italian embassy?? that too, under such a shroud of secrecy? This is ridiculous.
The target audience for this product is elsewhere. The least that they can do is put some decent information on their website about Linea and GP. I find it amusing that they should post such info on Bravo on their website, when Bravo is slated to be launched after Linea and GP.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I said I cant give you guys the full information but there are reasons why the product has been delayed a little.
Whatever the reasons for delay are, soft-launching in Italian Embassy is a bad idea altogether.

BTW, what is a "soft-launch"?
Old 4th September 2008, 14:48   #73
BHPian

There has been a lot of secrecy around Linea and the last one to this list is ET who is not willing to share more info regarding the launch in Italian Embassy.Where are we heading to ?
Old 4th September 2008, 14:53   #74
Senior - BHPian

Italian Embassy? Sounds weird!

Is there any star hotel in Delhi having 'Embassy' in its name?
Old 4th September 2008, 17:24   #75
BHPian

I have two strange questions here -

1. Is so much anger on delayed launch here is out of love for Fiat?

and,

2. Is TATA nano plant problem @ singur is one of the reason for the delay?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks