Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:51   #166
BHPian

The article says that fiat already started production of linea at ranjangon.

"Fiat India has announced that it is launching two new models in India — the Linea sedan in December and Grande Punto in February 2009."

Here is the link...
The Hindu : Business : Fiat way to tackle market slowdown
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:53   #167
Senior - BHPian

Seems a good move to produce the car before the launch.
Atleast it can tackle with the delivery issues and hence gain some advantage over suzuki having long waiting periods for dzire and swift.
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:58   #168
BHPian

Lol, Abhinav, it isn't a unique move on Fiat's part to produce the car before launch - it's standard industry practice! (except of course the ferrari's of the worlds that are hand built made to order)

COmpanies usually have a stock of 1000 - 3000 cars ready for dispatch in their stockyard at the time the bookings are opened.
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:58   #169
Senior - BHPian

Please guys - we have SO MANY threads on possible Fiat launches, none of which have actually materialized. Every now and then we get a fresh rumour - in the case of other manufacturers it would make sense to open a thread, but this is one manufacturer that has never actually launched anything on the alleged dates. It may not be entirely the manufacturer's fault - it could also be a case of very high enthusiasm amongst the brandboys.

This is nearly turning into a joke these days.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:01   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Please guys - we have SO MANY threads on possible Fiat launches, none of which have actually materialized. Every now and then we get a fresh rumour - in the case of other manufacturers it would make sense to open a thread, but this is one manufacturer that has never actually launched anything on the alleged dates. It may not be entirely the manufacturer's fault - it could also be a case of very high enthusiasm amongst the brandboys.

This is nearly turning into a joke these days.
Hey!
They did launch the 500 on time
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:25   #171
BHPian

Mods, it would be best if this is merged with the existing GP threads. Let us continue our discussions at one place please?
Sathyaprakash, yep, we are all awaiting eagerly for the product which will signal the final nail on the Palio Coffin.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:27   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hey!
They did launch the 500 on time
Why the 500? The Palio Stile and Palio Stile MJD were also launched on the dates mentioned by the company. Even the Linea has been slotted for a December launch and from the looks of it Fiat is on track to meet that date. As for the GP, a mid-2009 launch has been spoken of by the company. I am going by that official line. If the last 4 launches from Fiat are anything to go by, the GP launch will also be on the dates mentioned. Maybe thats why I wouldn't be disappointed.

Lets not take everything the media says seriously. This article neither quotes any higher official from Fiat nor is it a statement made during the course of an interview with any higher up's in Fiat India. It just says "Fiat says....". This is the same media that told us that the VW Jetta would be priced against the SX4 and NHC.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:54   #173
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I agree with Amit!

Fiat was spot on with the launches of Palio Stile, Stile MJD and 500!
Linea was delayed for sure, but once they confirmed the December launch, they are sticking to it.

And for G Punto, the realistic launch date will be around mid-2009!
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:08   #174
BHPian

The other day i was talking to a friend of mine, who wanted to buy a hatch. When he was suggested Fiat, he took that with an open mind. And I noticed with few others also. The perception of Fiat is slowly changing but surely.

People are no more averse to it as they were before.

Anyways, I always wondered.
I dont know where exactly the problem lies with Fiat.
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:10   #175

Now I'm all confused.
I was planning to go for the Palio Stile MJD.
Do you guys think it makes to wait and check out the Linea and Punto ?

Whats the price range for these cars, by the way ?
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:56   #176
BHPian

I thought I heard the Fiat officials say that the Grande Punto Launch will be by May-June.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:11   #177
BHPian

Hope this one turns out to be true. I believe the linea is coming next month. Autocar show covered it today, so it's obviously not quite far. Loved the way it looked. The diesel 1.3 took 15 seconds for a 0 to 100. That disappointed me, Any ideas about the petrol timings?
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:21   #178
Senior - BHPian

Looks like tall talk. Even Fiat Linea is yet to hit the streets, let alone this car. At least let Linea materialize, and if the launch is going to be in February, then at the launch of Linea in December they will speak on this topic, till then there is no point in speculating.
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:05   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Anyways, I always wondered.
I dont know where exactly the problem lies with Fiat.
Penpavan,

it the the after sales service and availability/cost of the spare parts which is killing fiat sales in India.
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:00   #180
BHPian

Although launch dates have been around last six to eight months, this time it seems the dates are realistic.
I think Fiat should concentrate on providing good sales support/service, which will result in having decent market share for these two new model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks