Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2008, 01:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

MODS - Lock this thread

Hello Mods,

This thread is based purely on someone's speculation with no concrete information. Hence, may I kindly request you to go ahead and lock this thread. People here have waited enough for the car and I would suggest let's wait and watch strategy. We are already discussing the daily spotting of the car in Pune which suggests that the launch is near.
Old 31st August 2008, 10:02   #17
BANNED

Ofcourse, the launch is near (or it was).
Now, as we are getting news clippings of the launch going to be delayed. And it's coming from quiet reliable sources.
Old 31st August 2008, 10:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
[quoted from the business line article] "Linea, which will be available in 1.3 multi-jet diesel engine and 1.4 FIRE petrol engine, is expected to be priced within the Rs 5-7 lakh range."

These articles do more harm than the delay of the car. 5-7L is in Dzire category! If Fiat now prices it from 8-10L, I am sure people would now call it overpriced!
Some articles earlier suggested that the VW Jetta would be priced in SX4 and NHC segment! Maybe it's the same gang thats behind this article too.

But, I seriously wonder how people come up with such articles and pricing. I could understand such things happening in 1995 when the Indian auto scene was just opening up to the world but this is 2008 for heaven's sake!

Quote:
And in a different thread on Linea we were wondering whether it will come with dual zone climate control!
That's because the GP in Europe comes with dual zone climate control. Probably in India the GP, due to cost constraints, may get only a single zone ACC but the Linea should be given a dual zone one. At least in the top end petrol and diesel variants. Fiat needs to go one step further then it's competitors now.
Old 31st August 2008, 13:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
This thread is based purely on someone's speculation with no concrete information. Hence, may I kindly request you to go ahead and lock this thread. People here have waited enough for the car and I would suggest let's wait and watch strategy. We are already discussing the daily spotting of the car in Pune which suggests that the launch is near.
I agree with Amtak!

We shouldn't allow threads/posts here based on some Auto journo's fancy ideas and speculations!

We should only report & believe official statements made by the Company!
Old 31st August 2008, 13:29   #20
BANNED

I differ! Sirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I agree with Amtak!

We should only report & believe official statements made by the Company!
Sorry! With the above suggestion, we will have to remove hundreds of threads which had started with false news but later on, gave us proper results.

Speculations and doubts are exactly how it all begins. Especially in a car launch/renaming etc.. So, we shouldn't ignore these news pieces.
Later on, the same thread will give us concrete info. Else, where will the discussion begin in the first place?

My 2 cents!

Last edited by speedzak : 31st August 2008 at 13:31.
Old 31st August 2008, 13:50   #21
BHPian

Well, if the launch delay is going to happen, it sure is going to get a lot of potential customers lose faith in FIAT. If deadlines have been decided, they should stick to it. If Maruti would have done something like this, it would not have affected the masses as it is known to be a reliable manufacturer and if it is delaying a launch, must be a valid reason. However, for FIAT, which is just carving a niche for itself with the new Tata JV, these kind of delays just make the public lose faith in the brand! For all the speculation, I just hope this news is false. Would love to see the GP at the end of the year!
Old 31st August 2008, 20:20   #22
BHPian

i hope this is just a rumor. I convinced my cousin to wait for Linea this year (so that i may "borrow" it now and then )
Old 31st August 2008, 20:34   #23
BANNED

The Hindu Business Line : Fiat may delay launch of Linea, Grante Punto

Who is that speculator? Its Fiat India

First thing, I am neither surprised nor disappointed. It falls in line on how Fiat is treating Indian market.

Its time Fiat India takes cues from others who are successful in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Old 31st August 2008, 20:35   #24
BHPian

Since the price range given in the news is completely wrong, I think we should consider this news also as wrong
Old 31st August 2008, 21:04   #25
BHPian

Mods,
I think the thread should not be locked as suggested by a few people here because this does throw up some information. However, looking at the nature and quantum of information,I feel this may not warrant a separate thread and we must merge it with one of the existing threads on Fiat linea.

If this info on 5-7 lac category is true, then the engine options are unlikely to be exciting and even the specs would be functional. Let us sincerely hope NOT.
Old 31st August 2008, 21:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

Who is that speculator? Its Fiat India

First thing, I am neither surprised nor disappointed. It falls in line on how Fiat is treating Indian market.

These articles are just mentioning Fiat spokesperson. If the name of the official is confirmed we can atleast believe in this info. Till then lets take it as a speculation. And i dont think it matters if your surprised or disappointed !
Old 31st August 2008, 21:52   #27
BHPian

IF any bit of this article is correct - it should not be "very" difficult to launch the car in the 7 lakh bracket, as the article says "Linea will be the second locally manufactured Fiat model to be launched in India."
Old 31st August 2008, 22:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

The delay could also be due to "creative pressure" from Tata, may be they expect their dealers hands full with the Vista's demand, and want to ensure maximum mindshare from their dealers for - maximum bookings
Old 1st September 2008, 01:21   #29
BANNED

So, every news about Fiat is supposed to be taken as a speculation if there're no names given in the news article?
What about other manufacturers?

Come on guys! This is not some Prehistoric era that somebody writes some crap about a respected car manufacturer and there's nobody to question that. Especially newspapers like Hindu wouldn't fall so cheap.
There has to be some fire from where the smoke is coming out.
Old 1st September 2008, 07:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Sorry! With the above suggestion, we will have to remove hundreds of threads which had started with false news but later on, gave us proper results.

Speculations and doubts are exactly how it all begins. Especially in a car launch/renaming etc.. So, we shouldn't ignore these news pieces.
Later on, the same thread will give us concrete info. Else, where will the discussion begin in the first place?

My 2 cents!

Second that , besides we are just speculating. India has been starving for new models for a long time . Now finally with so many model launches around the corner , the automobile manufacturers should know what the junta is expecting from them . Hope Fiat Guys are reading this thread !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks